PDA

View Full Version : Fat in the morning?

satinjatin
11-18-2003, 08:43 AM
Is it better to eat most of your fat in the morning vs. in the afternoon or evening? I'm guessing the earlier you intake the fat the more time you have to burn it off through exercise and your normal daily routine....is my reasoning flawed?

holla back

Relentless
11-18-2003, 08:46 AM
there are all kinds of arguments about this

personally, i think it doesn't matter that much when you eat fat, and I prefer to spread it out throughout the day to help stave off hunger pangs if I'm cutting....

as far as I'm concerned, the only meal-timing I REALLY worry about is getting quality protein and a bit of carb pre and post workout. beyond that, it's all about getting the food I need at some point in the day

linuxchix
11-18-2003, 02:02 PM
I've heard lots of different things. However, the general consensus is to eat for the activities you are about to do, meaning if you're going to work out in the middle of the day, eat a good breakfast and maybe a small meal between breakfast and working out, and if you're just going to sit on your bum and read or whatever, then you'll need fewer calories.

defcon
11-18-2003, 02:08 PM
well, i would not suggest fat intake for meal 1, because it slows the absorbtion of everything else, and since youve been fasting while you were asleep, your body needs nutrients as fast as possible..

to answer when to consume your fat, we need to know your w/o schedual, since its most imp to center carbs around workout..

so it could go something like this

m1 = Protein(p) + Carbs(c)
m2 = p + Fat(f)
m3 = p+c
workout
m4 = shake, p + c
m5 = p + c
m6 = p + f
m7 = p + f

Or if you workout last @ night then you just switch meal 5/6/7 with 3/4/5 etc etc.

bradley
11-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by defcon
m2 = p + Fat(f)
m3 = p+c
workout
m4 = shake, p + c
m5 = p + c
m6 = p + f
m7 = p + f

There is no need to seperate fat and carbs, and it is perfectly fine to have fat in your first meal. Overall calorie intake will be the determing factor as to whether or not you gain weight, and the only time fat should be kept to a minimum is pre/post workout. Although I would recommend including some fat in your last meal of the day, since fat will slow gastric emptying.

universal
11-22-2003, 01:25 PM
i agree with bradley i used to sep the fats and carbs but have recently combined with no diff, maybe even a lil improvment by getting more efas in my diet

Shao-LiN
11-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by defcon
well, i would not suggest fat intake for meal 1, because it slows the absorbtion of everything else, and since youve been fasting while you were asleep, your body needs nutrients as fast as possible..

to answer when to consume your fat, we need to know your w/o schedual, since its most imp to center carbs around workout..

so it could go something like this

m2 = p + Fat(f)
m3 = p+c
workout
m4 = shake, p + c
m5 = p + c
m6 = p + f
m7 = p + f

Or if you workout last @ night then you just switch meal 5/6/7 with 3/4/5 etc etc.

Agree with bradley...there is no need to prohibit fat from your first meal. The only time you'd be worried about slowing down digestion is pre and post workout.

defcon
11-23-2003, 05:28 AM
Hmmmmm okay :D