PDA

View Full Version : how am i doing in the diet department?

Youngen327
11-18-2003, 05:43 PM
senior year of hs has been giving me a tough time and i dont want the stress to kick me out of shape. how does my diet look? i know it probably needs improvement.

my usual diet is....
a bowl of smart start with skim milk for breakfast
a balance satisfaction bar with a bottle of water for snack
(lunch is tricky) usually some sort of grilled chicken sandwich from a fast food place (plain) or a footlong turkey sub with provolone (plain) with a water or diet coke
maybe another balance bar on the way to the gym
*work out 3x week*
dinner (anything from burgers and steaks to chicken and pasta)
diet coke whenever i get a soda

i just dont want to grow a tube and i'd really like to get bigger (not big or huge) but i can wait til second semester to get serious about gaining mass. im already kinda thin but the fat i put on all collects at my waist. as you can imagine its not too good for the self confidence whilst on the beach. my 18th bday is during spring break so i wanna get out there lookin pretty good, ya know.

btw, what kinda role does alcohol play in diet? im not out drinkin every weekend but i do occasionally drink liquor (rarely do i drink beer). maybe like twice a month on the weekends.

Shao-LiN
11-18-2003, 07:40 PM
Not knowing your height, weight...I'm going to say, if you're bulking, that you need to eat more in general.

Youngen327
11-19-2003, 04:47 AM
about 6'2'' and 167, not skinny, just tall and thin

Maxgain
11-20-2003, 06:26 AM
If you are trying to get bigger and not succeeding eat more.
Eat more fats such as oils and nuts more complex carbs such as whole grain bread and oats and more protein from tuna etc.
Drink lots of water and get more fruit and veg in