PDA

View Full Version : Bulking to quickly?

SadCubicleHead
09-13-2001, 08:02 AM
I was and am still on the following schedule:
Workout 4 times a week (1 hour workouts)
Jog 3 times a week (30 min. blocks)

The difference was that over one month ago I was trying to lose weight.
And now Iím trying to gain weight.

I thought I had a gut, which I kinda do, but I figured maybe if I eat more of the right foods instead of less food and keep my exercise schedule that maybe that gut will go away and I could also gain some legitimate mass to my body.

About a month ago I weighed 135 lbs (Iím 25, and 6í1), but since my decision to gain weight and eat more food I have gained 15 lbs (150 lbs).

So hereís my question:

I gained 15 lbs in the span of one month, is this a good thing? Or is it too fast to gain that amount of weight in such a quick period?

I know for damn sure that I can gain a hell of a lot more. I can eat loads of food Ė Loads. My body looks just as good as it did before, maybe better (I have a little bit more of a gut, but not much).

Whether Iíve been trying to lose or gain weight Iíve always had a very healthy diet.

Am I working out too much for the amount of food Iím eating?

What do you guys think?
I donít want to become a power muscle-man, I just wanna continue to be in good shape.

Thanks,
SadCubicleHead

Gyno Rhino
09-13-2001, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by SadCubicleHead

I donít want to become a power muscle-man, I just wanna continue to be in good shape.

If this is the case, I'd drop the words bulk and cut out of your vocabulary. Slowly gaining weight is okay (1lb a month or so), slowly losing weight is okay (2lbs a month). If you want to be in good shape, avoid the yo-yo stuff that bodybuilders do.

YatesNightBlade
09-13-2001, 08:46 AM
15lbs will not all be muscle. 1-3 pounds max. Watch carbs. They are the enermy although you need the right balance. too little and you'll not be able to fuel your workouts, too much and you'll get fat, find the balance.

Kazuki
09-13-2001, 09:05 AM
Too much anything will make you fat...

Wizard
09-13-2001, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Kazuki
Too much anything will make you fat...

He's right.Even too much protein will make you fat..