PDA

View Full Version : What I ate today, some asked me to post it.

pgatour1
11-18-2003, 09:22 PM
What I have eaten so far today it's 9:15pm. Still will probably adda bunch of snacks to this.

Meals:
Half a Box of Rasin Bran with 2% milk (7am)
Subway 12" Ham Sandwich with Cuc, Lettuce, Pickels, Black Olives. (10:45am)
Chick-fil-A 8 piece Chicken & Fries (1pm)
2 Hot Dogs on the Golf Course (3-4pm)
1/2 pd of Rigatoni Pasta with my own marinara sauce (7:30pm)
Taco Bell #8 & Beef Burrito (9:30pm)

Snacks:
About 30-35 Chocolate Chip Little Bites Cookies (Mothers)
Powerbar Protein Plus
Powerbar Banana
Tiger Milk Protein Rich (all bars on golf course)
Butterfinger
Small bag of chips
Bag of Skittles

Drinks:
2 Arnold Palmers
2 Gatorades
A lot of water
1 24 oz Coke

Who knows what else I'll pick on in the next five hours or so, but that isn't too far off my normal day.

Now how many calories,
what is good, what is bad
Am I getting enough protein and stuff.

gopher
11-18-2003, 09:56 PM
Without sittng down with a calorie count book or checking a nutrition web site I would say you are easily over 5000 calories and probably closer to 6000. Please tell me you are a skinny hard gainer with a raging metabolism desperately trying to put on some weight or a 300 lb mountain of a man in a bulking phase. This is a lot of calories and many of them from insuline spiking simple sugars. Good and bad is a relative term but stuff like fries, hot dogs, 1/2 lbs of pasta, skittles, 24 oz coke, butter finger, Taco Bell and the power bars are a good way for most people to pack on plenty of extra body fat.

**edit**
Yes it does look like you are getting plenty of protein from this diet.

HahnB
11-18-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by pgatour1
What I have eaten so far today it's 9:15pm. Still will probably adda bunch of snacks to this.

Meals:
Half a Box of Rasin Bran with 2% milk (7am)
Subway 12" Ham Sandwich with Cuc, Lettuce, Pickels, Black Olives. (10:45am)
Chick-fil-A 8 piece Chicken & Fries (1pm)
2 Hot Dogs on the Golf Course (3-4pm)
1/2 pd of Rigatoni Pasta with my own marinara sauce (7:30pm)
Taco Bell #8 & Beef Burrito (9:30pm)

Snacks:
About 30-35 Chocolate Chip Little Bites Cookies (Mothers)
Powerbar Protein Plus
Powerbar Banana
Tiger Milk Protein Rich (all bars on golf course)
Butterfinger
Small bag of chips
Bag of Skittles

Drinks:
2 Arnold Palmers
2 Gatorades
A lot of water
1 24 oz Coke

Who knows what else I'll pick on in the next five hours or so, but that isn't too far off my normal day.

Now how many calories,
what is good, what is bad
Am I getting enough protein and stuff.

pasta= good
protein bar=good
bananna=good
water=good

Get rid of everything else and replace that fast food chicken with chicken breats- you need more protein. Things such as hot dogs, candy bars, and taco bell do nothing for you nutrition wise. Granted it's better than starving yourself, but you need to eat better. Get yourself some protein powder to make shakes.

Instead of eating cereal for breakfast eat eggs or oatmeal. Do you consistently eat a half box of cereal a day? That's 4 boxes a week, seems a little odd to me. Potatoes are good, pasta, steak, chicken and tons of other stuff. Steer away from fast food and cook yourself. Cheaper, and better for you.

AndresC
11-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Serously was that a joke? I wish I could eat those things and not care.

Dedicated
11-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Dude that's a ton of food, more power to you though if you can down it all and not gain weight heh. Are you sure you don't have like one of those stomach worms or anything? That just seems like an insane amount of food to be eating and not gain weight, unless of course you are huge already.

Shao-LiN
11-19-2003, 02:11 PM
And he was gonna add more snacks, hehe.

pgatour1
11-19-2003, 06:30 PM
The reason I posted this is because I started a thread in another forum about how can I gain mass. I mentioned to everyone that I eat 5500-6500 calories a day and some thought my calculations might have been off, So someone said to write down what you ate for the day.

This is a normal day for me, I'm still trying to figure out if I'mg etting enough of everything percentage wise. And how many calories I am getting a day.

And I don't know what it is but I have been eating like this since I was in 9th grade everyone in school knows I used to eat 3 lunches everyday. I was 6 1 140 in high school and i'm 6 3 170 a junior at ASU right now.

I'm trying to get to 190 and I work out everydya, I eat a ton, and nothing helps.

I have always wondered about those stomach worms things but I think you'd be in a lot of pain if you had one of those things.

Scott S
11-19-2003, 07:14 PM
I *highly* doubt that you have a tapeworm. :)

I'd recommend dropping some of the Gatorades and replacing it with skim milk for a start.

Are you sure you're not secretly doing tons of cardio? I can't imagine eating that many calories every day.

Dedicated
11-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Ya and if you've been doing it since 9th grade I doubt it's a worm. Plus I think with some worms you can see them in your stool. Also yea no pain, I doubt you have worms then. Pretty amazing you can eat so much and not gain weight.

Maxgain
11-20-2003, 06:12 AM
Worms i doubt it.
Your problem might not be diet but training. Training every day seems to be an awful lot and not give your body a chance to repair and grow. Remember you grow outside the gym not in it.
I would cut down to 4 days a week at he most maybe even 3 so as not to overtrain.
Also replace a lot of that crap with proper foods it will make you healthier give more sustained energy than the simple sugars you are taking and allow you to add muscle not fat.
You can still get a high calorific value in by increasing good fat intakes such as nuts and oils and eating more complex carbs

snow
11-24-2003, 01:41 PM
u must be loaded if u r buying fast food everyday.. damn, why don't u go out and buy some clean foods with that.

*remembers when i used to eat like this on parents money*

:(