PDA

View Full Version : cant someone drawme up a cheap food for bulk and protein

jjcool
11-23-2003, 11:22 PM
hi,

ive recently lost my job,
u used to be on a bulk useing weight gainer with protein, it was working ok for me,

well now im out of work i can not afford it anymore,
im gona have to try and get my daily protein and enough calories to bulk again to gain weight from foods,

so can someone help me draw up a cheap daily food intake,

as i cant afford things like steak, beef now, etc so need some cheaper foods to get my protein and calories to gain weight

thankyou

Wyomin' Wayne
11-24-2003, 03:11 AM
I'm no nutritionist or anything but, I think it's always better to rely on whole foods for caloric and protein intake instead of weight gainers. One: it's better for you and two: it's cheaper.:)

But the best and cheapest bodybuilding foods are frozen chicken breasts, canned tuna or mackerel, brown rice, oatmeal, yams, sweet potatos, green veggies, and fruits like bananas and grapefruits. I buy all my food in bulk at Sam's Club and a $150 trip will usually get me 2 months worth of food. As opposed to the grocery store where $100 bucks worth of food lasts me a month.

defcon
11-24-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Wyomin' Wayne
I'm no nutritionist or anything but, I think it's always better to rely on whole foods for caloric and protein intake instead of weight gainers. One: it's better for you and two: it's cheaper.:)

But the best and cheapest bodybuilding foods are frozen chicken breasts, canned tuna or mackerel, brown rice, oatmeal, yams, sweet potatos, green veggies, and fruits like bananas and grapefruits. I buy all my food in bulk at Sam's Club and a $150 trip will usually get me 2 months worth of food. As opposed to the grocery store where $100 bucks worth of food lasts me a month.

And EGGS! Lots and Lots of EGGS!

Wyomin' Wayne
11-24-2003, 03:29 PM
DOH!!!

Wyomin' Wayne
11-24-2003, 03:29 PM
DOH!!!

Trent_Steel
11-24-2003, 05:06 PM
You want cheap protein, you want skim milk. It tastes great!
With your glass of milk you could try this for a meal
Beans are cheap, but remember to mix in a grain so you get you a complete amino acid set.
Baked beans and brown rice tastes suprisingly nice and it is cheap bulk. Add some premium protein into the mix if your feeling fancy and want to spend more then $1 on the meal.
Into this I alway mix in a couple of teaspoons of monounstaturated fat. I like cold pressend virgin olive oil for this, but that can be quite pricey.
This meal is cheap.
This meal has all the amino acid sets.
This meal is full of essential fatty acids.
This meal cost less than a doller.

Spartacus
11-24-2003, 05:12 PM
eat a lot of beans. buy them dry. by far the cheapest protein you can buy, and lots of calories.

and lots of milk and eggs. cheaper than meat.

Berserker
11-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Burger and pasta are cheap bulk foods.

Spartacus
11-25-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Trent_Steel
You want cheap protein, you want skim milk. It tastes great!
With your glass of milk you could try this for a meal
Beans are cheap, but remember to mix in a grain so you get you a complete amino acid set.
Baked beans and brown rice tastes suprisingly nice and it is cheap bulk. Add some premium protein into the mix if your feeling fancy and want to spend more then $1 on the meal.
Into this I alway mix in a couple of teaspoons of monounstaturated fat. I like cold pressend virgin olive oil for this, but that can be quite pricey.
This meal is cheap.
This meal has all the amino acid sets.
This meal is full of essential fatty acids.
This meal cost less than a doller.

olive oil's monofats aren't essential...

Trent_Steel
11-25-2003, 05:07 AM
Damm!!

steveo
11-26-2003, 01:40 AM
I live of steak and egg noodles when I go poor. Oh yeah eggs and oats.

jjcool
11-26-2003, 07:19 PM
well ive seen some pork scratchings, yes i know they are high in fat, but would they be ideal for me bulking also they have lots of protein in them for protein, also they are cheap

protein 70.9g
carbs 0.1g
fat 20.9g
of which saturates 3.9g