PDA

View Full Version : will power issues...how do you stay 'on track'

golfbobbyhill
11-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Guys -

I'm having some serious will-power issues on both the training and diet ends right now.

I'm pretty busy, but I do certainly have time to get the workouts in...its just that I've gotten in the habit of enjoying "lounging" too much in the free time. How do you get the dedication back on track.

On the diet -- how do you stay on task? My wife likes to eat healthy but not healthy to the point of fitness healthy. How can I keep it in check?

Thanks.

geoffgarcia
11-24-2003, 10:24 AM
I cook all my meals for the week in one day and store it all in tupperwear. This makes it easier for me as it doesn't take constant will power to cook healthy food on a daily basis!

As far as getting into the gym, i find that being on a set schedule makes it easiest. I go home from work and go straight to the gym once I'm there I dont need any motivation, I do what I gotta do.

In the past I've taken big breaks from the gym (months and months) but I have found that I burn out much less now that I have lowered the volume of my workouts. Its easier to stay mentally focused and keep the spirit alive!

good luck