PDA

View Full Version : Metabolise this!

MorganB
11-24-2003, 01:23 PM
I have been the same weight for the last 17 days, and my average calory count per day is now 4100 per day. I dont know what it was before I started training but I can tell you it was not even close to this. Ive had a few days where I ate only 3500 cals but I was only awake for about 13 hours of that day :) Other than that ive been eating from 3900 to 4300 a day (although I did have a 4700 day *grin*). Protein intake per day has varied from 195 to 281 grams. Usually it hovers at 230-240.

Now im only 188lbs and 34 years of age but I seem to be burning calories like I was 18 again. Is this something I should expect after training for a few months?? Ive even got acne again and I dont wanna go to sleep until 4am! Im scared that eating is distorting the space time continueum and im going backwards. Couple more protein shakes and I might hit puberty from the wrong side!

Is this just something that happens or should I start panicing and checking my guts for worms? :) I feel like my life revolves around the kitchen and the toilet with the odd sabatical to the gym.

Holto
11-24-2003, 02:41 PM
nice

FYI

1LB muscle burns 50 cals daily, at rest

Scott S
11-24-2003, 02:52 PM
Sounds like somebody's injecting you when you sleep.

I say run with it! :thumbup:

MorganB
11-24-2003, 02:58 PM
188x50cals = 9400 cals. I couldnt actually fit that much food in my stomach in 24 hours even if I didnt sleep. Are you quite sure about those figures? Thats like 1.8kg of chocolate per day just sitting on your ass :) Thats like 8 or 9 FAMILY size bars. There would be a lot of happy women out there and a lot of frustrated men if this was possible. I hate to tell you guys, it dont matter how much time you spend in the gym, you are gonna lose to that much chocolate.

Scott S
11-24-2003, 03:02 PM
1 pound of muscle (not total bodyweight) burns 25-50 calories per hour. Each pound of fat, only 3 or so.

MorganB
11-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Scott S
Sounds like somebody's injecting you when you sleep.

I say run with it! :thumbup:

Yeah but I want to gain. If im holding my own at 4000+ what should I do? Suck sugar cubes all day? Try to breath slowly to consume less oxygen?

BTW I appreciate there are now several million fat people wishing me dead right now :) "He can eat a steak dinner and then stuff chocolate in his face until it drips out his ears and doesnt put on weight, and he is COMPLAINING! Get him ...."

Scott S
11-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Eat 4300 per day for a week and see what happens. ;)

MorganB
11-24-2003, 03:10 PM
I find it hard to be that exact. I aim for 4000, and sometimes go as high as 4700 cos I get hungry, and Ive been told hungry is bad.

But ok, ill aim for 4300 per day min. But your saying 4300 per day is a reasonable amount for someone my age and weight? Can I make up the difference with chocolate?

Please say yes!

Pretty please say yes!

How about more beer? I promice to take a protein bar with me to the bar and eat it after a couple of beers.

Please tell me I need more chocolate and beer! And that I need to avoid house work (calory burning for the sake of peace and quiet) and that I must spend many hours sat on my ass resting.

If you could write that all down and sign it for my girlfriend Ill owe ya for life!

JTyrell710
11-24-2003, 05:44 PM
You need to sit on your ass and eat candy and steak and junkfood all day, lots of beer isn't a bad idea either! And don't forget, absolutely NO HOUSEWORK, resting is what you need, especially in front of some sort of active retinal stimulus, such as a television.

there ya go, Docta' J's Diagnosis

Deibiddo
11-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Old School footballs add pounds to the little guy. Grab a biggest cheapest peanut butter tub you can find. Every waking hour, heaping tablespoons eat it 190 calories 7 g crabs 8g protein 16g fat. If your awake 12 hours that a Extra 4560 calories a day. Plus your meals, then also grab a few pounds of pure soy whey protein any large grocery store sells it by the bag. Nasty stuff by itself but use Chocolate milk 4 or so eggs and a little scoop of ice cream it not too bad. Drink that with your meals.

MorganB
11-25-2003, 03:25 AM
Dont like peanuts and im fairly sure they dont sell peanut butter here :) Soy and Whey on the other hand I can do ..... I also find I can eat small pots of yogurt very easily and regularly, maybe I should down 6 or 7 more a day.

I suppose I need to focus on food with calories but that dont fill me much. All Bran cereal. One bowl of that has 508 calories and 15g protein with skimmed milk, and I can usually eat again after 90 minutes :) One extra bowl of that a day and I suppose I should see some gains.

chrisconnell85
11-25-2003, 08:08 AM
How could you NOT like peanuts??:scratch:

MorganB
11-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Dont like nuts, dont like eggs. Fortunately I like fish, chicken and red meat :) Oh, and chocolate! None of this british or american crap, none of this belgium dark strong as coffee chocolate, but lovely fat filled, carb enhanced scandinavian milk chocolate......

.....scuse me im off to the shops :)

Reinier
11-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Id say you eat too little protein for that diet

that is however not linked to how calories you need to gain weight

MorganB
11-25-2003, 02:33 PM
230-240g protein not enough for 188lbs (total body weight)??!!!

bradley
11-25-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by MorganB
230-240g protein not enough for 188lbs (total body weight)??!!!

That is more than adequate, and actually 1g/lb is plenty.

chrisconnell85
11-25-2003, 08:51 PM
You don't like eggs either? Man that's the protein that taste the best! it's also the best natural protein on the planet!
Oh well don't worry I don't like a lot of things normal people eat. Fruits i'm not a fan of (except for apples,melons, grapes and pears) and I think i'm a weirdo cause of that :D
Come to think of it I don't like many vegetables either :p

JTyrell710
11-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by chrisconnell85
You don't like eggs either? Man that's the protein that taste the best! it's also the best natural protein on the planet!
Oh well don't worry I don't like a lot of things normal people eat. Fruits i'm not a fan of (except for apples grapes and pears) and I think i'm a weirdo cause of that :D
COme to think of it I don't like many vegetables either :p

holy ****, its me! only i dont like pears
I eat grapes and strawberries sometimes..but thats pretty much it for fruits and veggies
I like salt .. on everything- and dairy products

chrisconnell85
11-25-2003, 09:06 PM
I don't even eat strawberries...and my apples have to be green too!.The vegetables I like are carrots,corn,lettuce , onions, pickles (only in relish form which don't count),hot peppers (must be very spicy) ,potatoes, olives (only black with no eyes)....I can't think of anymore I eat.
As I said i'm a weirdo! :D

MorganB
12-05-2003, 11:16 AM
Ok, im now eating 4500-4700kcal a day and now im gaining approx 0.1kg per day. Maybe slightly more. I hit 192.7lbs today. So im happy again :) Cant stay long though fpr this post though, Its been over 10 minutes since I ate something!

AllUp
12-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by MorganB

Yeah but I want to gain. If im holding my own at 4000+ what should I do? Suck sugar cubes all day? Try to breath slowly to consume less oxygen?

BTW I appreciate there are now several million fat people wishing me dead right now :) "He can eat a steak dinner and then stuff chocolate in his face until it drips out his ears and doesnt put on weight, and he is COMPLAINING! Get him ...."

ROFL

AllUp
12-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Deibiddo
Old School footballs add pounds to the little guy. Grab a biggest cheapest peanut butter tub you can find. Every waking hour, heaping tablespoons eat it 190 calories 7 g crabs 8g protein 16g fat. If your awake 12 hours that a Extra 4560 calories a day. Plus your meals, then also grab a few pounds of pure soy whey protein any large grocery store sells it by the bag. Nasty stuff by itself but use Chocolate milk 4 or so eggs and a little scoop of ice cream it not too bad. Drink that with your meals.

Note: If you do the PB thing you will look like a cracky guaranteed.. When peeps see me in the supermarket buying 15 jars of PB and 6 loafs of WW bread alarms go off and guys with visors and fake machine guns run down the hallways and aprehend me like in the low budget sci-fi flicks, Then they say "Sir you have reached your weekly allottment of PB able to be transported from this sector..".

J/K But seriously they look at you like you have a 3rd eye. Not to mention PB is highly addictive..

MorganB
12-05-2003, 02:38 PM
BTW, I think im allergic to gelatin. Nothing to do with this thread but how messed up is that? I cant eat fish oil in those capsules and two days ago I accidentally ate a low fat yogurt (blame the girlfriend for that one) which had masses of gelatin in it. I spent the next 24 hours with my eyeballs trying to implode.

Gelatin ... i mean who the hell could be allergic to something like that except me? So now I habe 3 reasons to make sure low fat yogurts dont ever enter my fridge again!

AllUp
12-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Beats being allergic to latex. lol. Not that I am, but it still beats it. :P