PDA

View Full Version : Cutting, Correctly?

OutlawZ
11-26-2003, 12:58 AM
Hey guys,

Im currently 17 yrs old (onto 18 in january) around 6'1 and weighing ~162 pounds. Ive been going to the gym on and off for the past year because of work load, but now Ive set time aside to go to the gym 2-3 times a week depending on work load.

Personally I think Im too fat, on the lower half of my body...I have a tendency to gain weight on my hips and stomache (beer? :D ) though. A while ago when i literally "stuffed myself" with junk food, I got stretchmarks on my hips...now Im trying to get rid of those by running. I had some before when I had a growthspurt...they do fade. Does anybody have tips on getting rid of them though?

I do want to become a lot bigger, just not too fat. So I decided to do cardio as well as weights, though continuing to eat a fair amount. I dont know exactly how many calories I take in per day though. Eating regular foods in large amounts, and NOT taking supplements...will that lead to me becoming bigger (and not more fatty? :confused: )

I also do crunches; my abs are starting to tone quite a bit already. As for weights, I usually benchpress around 70kg x 8 and 3 sets.

Does that sound decent to all of you experienced weightlifters? :D If Im doing something wrong, please tell me. Also, I would like to know whether supplements are absolutely neccesary or whether I can do without them!

OutlawZ

steveo
11-26-2003, 01:35 AM
162lbs for 6'1" is pretty lean. I wouldn't cut if I were you. I would try feeling in to make those porblem areas look smaller. Dont eat few large meals. Eat more average or smaller meals. Push a lot weight. If you want to get bigger which sounds like good idea I would cut out the cardio or do it very little. Supplements are not neccesary I hardly use them, but that's just because I'm broke. I would try to get my nutrion from food, but a good protein always helps fill in those gaps. I'm ure some else will get more specific, but I'm pointing somethings out as far as my opinion goes.

OutlawZ
11-26-2003, 04:56 AM
Thx a lot...heh I agree with what you've said, only that I dont believe I should cut the cardio. I have a tendency to gain weight on the lower half of my body, so I have to keep doing cardio in order to stop myself getting fat there...

OutlawZ

harryhoudini66
11-26-2003, 08:55 AM
I would cut off on the beer for two reasons.

1. You are a minor
2. It makes you have a beer gut

Actualy, I don't care about it. I would say proper diet and cardio should take it down.

geoffgarcia
11-26-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by harryhoudini66
I would cut off on the beer for two reasons.

1. You are a minor
2. It makes you have a beer gut

some of the best drinking days of my life were as a minor
10 years later I'm still drinking beer and my gut isn't to bad.
I'd say keep knockin em back if you like:)
I know I do!

Bryan
11-26-2003, 05:02 PM
everything in moderation!

thetopdog
11-27-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by OutlawZ
Thx a lot...heh I agree with what you've said, only that I dont believe I should cut the cardio. I have a tendency to gain weight on the lower half of my body, so I have to keep doing cardio in order to stop myself getting fat there...

OutlawZ

You can't spot reduce fat on legs by doing cardio

OutlawZ
11-27-2003, 12:47 AM
What do you mean spot reduce fat? Its not my legs Im worried about..its my hips...I tend to get love handles :P

OutlawZ

PizDoff
11-28-2003, 12:58 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned squats yet! :D

Do crunches or some other type of ab workout.
Some cardio to burn fat and carbs.
Get big and sexier.

:D

Your height to weight ratio isn't "wrong."
Just you need to tone up so the girlies will like to touch your body.
:)

OutlawZ
11-28-2003, 01:19 AM
Yep...heh I do crunches and cardio...did u even read my post? ;) Haha, I agree, I have to get a bit more toned. My arms especially, my chest is pretty big already.

Anything else?

OutlawZ

PizDoff
11-28-2003, 02:50 AM
What I meant was.....MORE crunches and cardio! :D

Ever try weighted crunches?