PDA

View Full Version : snack type foods

machaf
09-14-2001, 11:07 PM
What are some good snack type food( HIGH in protien) that I can microwave or just eat. I'm in college, I only have a small frig and microwave. I'm thinking about getting some begals and peanut butter tomorrow, anyone have any other ideas? How about 'Hot Pocket' type things?

Thanks

syntekz
09-14-2001, 11:12 PM
There are some "hot pocket" type things that are out; high in protein. Can't remember the name, but they only advertise in planet muscle. http://www.planetmuscle.com

Well; I don't know any good snacks. Maybe peanuts(limited). You have access to a grill at all?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-15-2001, 04:04 AM
Scrambled eggs.

Taste f'n lush too.

Home made protein bars - oatmeal and whey with less than enough water. Cook till it goes hard and leave it to cool for a few minutes before moulding it into bar form and letting cool.

YatesNightBlade
09-15-2001, 06:18 AM
How do you cook them CD ? Tell me how ? (rubs his chin)

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-15-2001, 06:20 AM
cook what?

YatesNightBlade
09-15-2001, 06:22 AM
These home made protein bars you speak of.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-15-2001, 06:26 AM
I just told you.

YatesNightBlade
09-15-2001, 06:29 AM
So you did. lol. What do they taste like ??? Anygood ? Would an Egg in there make it better ?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-15-2001, 06:31 AM
Ok, here's some mo' detail:

Use as much oatmeal as you want obviously - the size of the bar is up to you.

Add water so it's runny and begin to cook.

Once it gets into a runny paste consistency and it looks like 2 scoops of whey will make it very thick take it out the microwave and add the whey - stir and leave to cool a bit. if it's still runny then pop it back in for a bit.

Once it's a thick consistency [a bit like your brain daniel] then leave it to cool in the bowl.

Once it's a bit cooler and stiffer, use a spoon to scrape it onto a glass plate [therefore it will sweat on the glass and hopefully shouldn;t stick - china should probably have the same effect.]

Leave to cool a bit more until it's cool enough to mould.

Make into any shape you like - a nice rabbit shape for you maybe, or a nice daisy.

Leave a bit longer till it pretty much hardens or eat it warm but generally the whole concept of making it is so it's hard and easy to carry around with you.

That enough?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-15-2001, 06:32 AM
the problem with egg is that is has the chance of fluffing up and basically becoming like scrambled oatmeal haha you could always experiment.

To me oatmeal and water is lush so adding my favourite flavour of whey tastes lush either way, but like my sig says by the man Lance [what a name], i don't eat for pleasure.

YatesNightBlade
09-15-2001, 06:33 AM
hahaha. Thanks my brother. The Rabbit does sound good.

w8lifter
09-15-2001, 07:11 AM
FF cottage cheese & ls yogurt

Chocolate P/B protein balls: Mix tbsp natty p/b w/ tbsp ff cream cheese & nuke for 30 sec, add scoop of choc. pro powder. It's really hard to mix it in, use a fork. When you can't mix it anymore, add a drop of milk or flavoured coffee and mix more. Form into balls and let set in fridge. Too much liquid and it feels like puke in your mouth, be careful :D

Chocolate Protein Bars: Basically same as above, using more p/b, add sweetner, oats, oat bran etc.

Cooked oats w/ pro powder & natty p/b.

YatesNightBlade
09-15-2001, 08:04 AM
They sound v. nice. I think I'll try them babies.

Thanks. Just call me Captain Peanut Balls :D

THE RUSH
09-15-2001, 11:54 PM
low fat cottage cheese works for me .

Mr BC
09-16-2001, 07:45 AM
Good snack foods include yogurt,cottage cheese (if you like the taste),peanuts,protein shakes,tuna sandwiches,home made muffuns with protein powder.