PDA

View Full Version : Injured palm during deadlifts?

Max-Mex
11-26-2003, 06:39 AM
Has anyone ever have this happen? I'm trying to figure out what may have caused the pain in my right palm (it's under my pinky and ring finger). It's tender to slight pressure, almost like a bruise, but w/o the discoloration. I began to notice the pain right about 2 hour after my deadlifts this past weekend.

Relentless
11-26-2003, 08:03 AM
could just be a muscle strain?

you're icing it, right? It's still with you today after hurting it on the weekend?

Max-Mex
11-26-2003, 09:24 AM
Never really thought I had muscles to hurt in my palm. I haven't iced because I didn't feel it was bad enough. The pain is still there but not as bad (only when I poke it...so I don't poke it). I should have checked for swelling but there doesn't seems to be any as of this moment. Maybe when I get home today I'll ice it up.

Maki Riddington
11-29-2003, 07:21 PM
It's most likely due to a strain which I get once in awhile

MixmasterNash
11-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Indeed, you don't have muscles in your palm. It's quite possible you strained either the tendons or pulleys in your hand. Is it painful to curl your pinky and ring fingers against resistance?

In any case, rest, ice, and an anti-inflamatory are probably a good idea.

Don't deadlift or pull for a week at least.

Delphi
11-29-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by MixmasterNash

Indeed, you don't have muscles in your palm.

Not true- there's the intrinsic hand muscles. :)

Max-Mex
11-30-2003, 06:31 AM
The pain is still there. It doesn't hurt when I grip something or just closing my hand, only when pressure is put on that spot. I did some neutral grip pulldowns the other day and I noticed some pain then. It wasn't bad enough to keep me from doing them. I'm doing some deadlifts today for the last time then taking a 1 month break from them (lower back issues). I'll post later how my palm felt during and after.

MixmasterNash
11-30-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Delphi

Not true- there's the intrinsic hand muscles. :)

Yeah, whoops, I meant in the fingers! I'm a little fixated on my injury, which is an A2 pulley tear. My injury is painful with pressure on the first joint, so I figure an A1 pulley injury might be painful in the palm where you would grip for a deadlift.

Reinier
11-30-2003, 11:43 AM
i Liek piktjures

http://www.hit400.com/hand-anatomy.htm

Max-Mex
11-30-2003, 03:15 PM
That's where it hurts. Looks like a muscle to me.