PDA

View Full Version : What are newbie gains???

liftalittle
11-26-2003, 10:13 AM
I know that newbie gains are those great gains that are made when you first start working out.

What is the physiological or biochemical reason behind these great gains??

Your body does not just say" how you are getting too big to fast so I am stopping this?". There has to be some biological reason these gains stop.

Does anyone have a reference that might at least be a starting point to answer this question.

Relentless
11-26-2003, 10:17 AM
I think newbie gains are mostly with regard to strength, and this stems from neural adaption... a nonlifter who starts lifting will typically see rapid progression in apparent strength as they get used to lifting and their ability to recruit muscle fibres to lift improves...

AllUp
11-26-2003, 10:18 AM
:/ More Testosterone+Workout. The muscles release crazy GH. The muscles Hytrophy faster. Protein synthesis and metabolic rate increases Blah Blah Blah. :P

harryhoudini66
11-26-2003, 10:25 PM
You get awesome results because no real prior excercisse was done.

PizDoff
11-26-2003, 10:33 PM
and it is (should be) a big shock to the system

defcon
11-27-2003, 06:03 AM
I think i have been limited with my newbie gains.. mainy because i started off liften eating less then 1000 calories a day.. was @ that for a month.. working out really stupidly :P that is what got me to 140 lbs with 20%bf, now im 178 with roughly 18-20% bf..

O well, to the question, newbie gains, as other people said, is the big lift ( strength ) increase over short periods of time due to the shock your giving your body. Love them while you got em, cuz they dun last forever :)