PDA

View Full Version : Getting lean Before adding size

firemedic
11-30-2003, 02:27 PM
I am new to the site, but I have a quick question. I am trying to lean down from 205 to what ever looks good. I have gone from 220 to where I am now but I am stuck I have tried changing my wrkout and diet. But that does not seem to work efficently. I have started to run again and do it steady for appx 30 min a day running about 3mi a time. I want to eventually gain lean muscle up to appx 225 or better on my 5'9" frame. When people see me now they think I allready weigh around there. I just dont have the definition, just the basic shape and cant loose those damn love handles! Any suggestions.

By the way when I get moved next week I will try do send a pic and get some advice on wherelse other than the obvious to concentrate on.

Thanks

Jasonl
11-30-2003, 10:03 PM
you could always try adding som HIIT cardio, that seems to work well for stubborn fat. what's your diet look like?

firemedic
12-18-2003, 11:21 PM
you could always try adding som HIIT cardio, that seems to work well for stubborn fat. what's your diet look like?

Right now with the holidays not perfect, but 95% of the time for now its chicken, lean ground turkey. Then i normally eat a lot of green leafy stuff I am busy a lot right now and have not had time to put a lot into planning of dont even really know what to plan. I work for a fire dept in a Rich city and they are big on appearences. I just need to plan on what to bring to wrk every 3rd day and stick to it. Its hard when you run calls and cant get to the station to eat.

Bryan
12-19-2003, 06:33 AM
look at your diet first, check carb intake and make sure you're getting plenty of protien and EFAs work from there.