briancurran01
12-03-2003, 07:33 PM
I just wanted to get this started.

yesterday I did the following

flat bench 150 pounds 3 sets of 6
machine flyes 60 pounds 3 sets of 6
hammer curls 20 pounds 3 sets of 6
dumbbell bench 20 pounds 3 sets of 6

I know this is pretty light just getting the feel for what i can do.

I am going to start the wbb 1 routine.

I just found out that I have to get an mri done on my right knee, might have a torn meniscus and might need to get it scoped.

That will slow down my legs workout for a while.

I am going to get it done asap if I need it so I can get to rehabbing.

Just wanted to get this started will figure out my long term goals and post here

midee1
12-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the boards.

Don't worry about too light. Form is more important to prevent injury. Sucks about the torn up knee. My 15yo son just got released to go back to football. Too bad it was about a week after football was over.

BTW heres some :spam: to help ya grow.

briancurran01
12-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Thanks.

I have been through it before just a small bump in the road. It will take me aboiut a week and then I will be back up and at em.

Darracq
12-03-2003, 08:39 PM
WBB 1 will work good for you. good luck.

pruneman
12-03-2003, 08:50 PM
welcome to the board! good luck with the routine. And best of luck with the knee...that doesn't sound like too much fun.

briancurran01
12-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Breakfast this morning

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup cottage cheese
water

Blood sugar was 124 this morning which is pretty good.

briancurran01
12-04-2003, 09:18 AM
2nd meal

turkey sandwich 2 pieces of lean turkey on whole wheat grain bread
1 cup of cottage cheese

briancurran01
12-04-2003, 11:46 AM
3rd meal

homemade chili 1 cup with lean ground turkey
1cup oatmeal

Stephen Riddington
12-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Brian, are you by any chance diabetic??? Good Luck on your workouts and your goals.

Oh here's some :spam:

briancurran01
12-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Yes i am diabetic.

Alke
12-04-2003, 12:52 PM
hey welcome to the journal section man

dont worry about the weight itself, just get a good feel for it and the numbers will come.

nice job on food selection, oatmeal and cottage cheese are two IMPORTANT foodgroups :D

briancurran01
12-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Guess I should also list some of my goals here.

1. decrease diabetes medicine by march
2. down to 200 pounds by march
3. build back up leg strength after knee surgery (if needed)
4. be looking good enough to have a picture up here by march without fear of getting laughed at and dissed

That is it for now will come up with more as I progress and learn more

ericg
12-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Glad to see you have a journal man!!!

Wouldnt hurt to check some of the other journals out there to get some formatting ideas - so that way you dont make a new post for each meal ;)

Good luck with the goals man!!!

briancurran01
12-04-2003, 08:29 PM
my blood sugar before dinner was 117

I did not do any lifting today still sore from the other day

did 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill

dinner meal
salad with grilled chicken strips

briancurran01
12-05-2003, 06:54 AM
Got 8 hours of sleep last night.

Feel really good this morning. Soreness from the last workout is gone.

My blood sugar this morning was 76. THis was before my morning pills which will drop it even lower.

Need to talk to my doctor about reducing my meds. Because as I eat better and get in better shape these low blood sugars will continue to haunt me.

briancurran01
12-05-2003, 09:52 AM
march 26th is my bday that is when I want to show signifigant progress by.

The cardio helps a ton.

It is just hard to do with my knees.

My knee was killing me last night and this morning.

I just have to gut it out and keep pushing it until i can get it looked at. Probably the surgery wont be until late january.

I need to start a leg workout also.

Just kind of afraid dont want to make my knees any worse

briancurran01
12-05-2003, 01:23 PM
My knees are so far beyond therapy it isnt even funny.

WHen my new doctor took one look at my xrays he shook his head and said " SH!T!!! i HAVE NEVER SEEN KNEES LIKE THAT BEFORE IN MY LIFE!!!""

I should try to avoid anything with direct impact on the knees any suggestions for building up quad, hams and calf with minimal knee impact?

I am going to try squats just with a very low weight.

briancurran01
12-05-2003, 01:26 PM
I am sure dropping my extra poundage will help with my knees tremendously.

I know I havent said my weight and some other stats yet. Am kind of waiting on that. DOnt want to be ridiculed. (i know you wont and eric wont)

But I am not so sure after reading what some of the other people have posted in other threads

midee1
12-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by briancurran01
I am sure dropping my extra poundage will help with my knees tremendously.

I know I havent said my weight and some other stats yet. Am kind of waiting on that. DOnt want to be ridiculed. (i know you wont and eric wont)

But I am not so sure after reading what some of the other people have posted in other threads

I agree with weight comment it sure did help me.

I won't ridicule either. (if you go back a few pages in my journal there are some pics) Trust me I am in no position to criticize or ridicule.:D

drew
12-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Hey Brian, nice to see you starting a journal. Here's some more :spam: for you.

Don't worry about getting laughted at/dissed for posting your picture. It just won't happen here. Advise and constructive criticism, yes. But never insulting. [/soapbox]

Good luck on reaching your goals!

briancurran01
12-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Hey Brian, nice to see you starting a journal. Here's some more :spam: for you.

Don't worry about getting laughted at/dissed for posting your picture. It just won't happen here. Advise and constructive criticism, yes. But never insulting. [/soapbox]

Good luck on reaching your goals!

Thanks Drew.

I will post a picture in a couple of weeks.

I just did my workout for the day

flat bench
170 pounds 2 sets 8 reps

flyes 2 sets machine at 40 pounds

rows machine 2sets at 110 pounds

dumbell press
2 sets at 20 pounds

meals for yesterday

meal1
2 small cinnamon rolls (i know very bad. blood sugar very low though)
small 2oz bag of peanuts

meal 2
salad with 1 teaspoon fat free thousand islan dressing with chicken strips

meal 3
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup pineapples

meal 4
turkey bacon guacamole sub from quiznos with lettuce no mayo

blood sugar last night before dinner was 82

blood sugar this morning before workout was 118

can anyone give me any advice on form for dead lifts??

with my knees i dont want to hurt myself, want to know how far to go down.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone

briancurran01
12-06-2003, 09:22 AM
Your right Brian, we won't. Yeah your right again about the weight drop and the presure on the knee, one can forget how that contributes to pain. I'm not the advice guy out there for those exercises but I bet a new post related to that question on this site would get you some good response. Really, most of the posts aren't bad (I say this without my mug on the site..hee hee) Do what is right for you...but you now that. I'm sorry...what again happened to the knee to start out with? Can you stand to say it one more time? :) I'm out know for the weekend. I'll check up on you Monday. Pamper that knee kiddo.

My knee problems go back a long ways.

a few years ago I was walking my little min pin and slipped on some ice. I tried to plant my leg to stop from falling. dislocated my knee cap. THen it was found that where my tibia femur and kneecap meet was at a wrong angle and that was causing my knee to dislocate.

I had to have a surgery where there broke my tibia and moved it a certain amount of degrees and then stapled it. That seems to have stopped the knee from dislocating

But now from bowling with my arthritis I keep damaging my meniscus. Not sure how I mean it is only bowling :). But I have now torn it twice in the last year

My right knee injury happened from me being slightly drunk and goofing around and running from someone and getting pushed into a chair and dislocating my knee cap and tearing my knee muscle in half.

drew
12-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Conventional deadlift: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBDeadlift.html

A lot of people take a wide stance and narrower grip which reduces the range of motion and may put less stress on your knees.

The best advice I can ever give for deadlifts is this: Don't ever sacrifice form. Keep your ass low and your chin up.

briancurran01
12-07-2003, 09:26 AM
afternoon blood sugar was 60
pre dinner blood sugar was 85
before bed blood sugar was 112

Meals

2 scrambled eggs 3 pieces of bacon
1 onion bagel

meal 2
3 hard boiled eggs
1 onoin bagel

meal 3 turkey sandwich

meal 4 whopper

Forgot to post this the last few days have been drinking 7 liters of water daily

morning blood sugar 110

got 7 hours of sleep

briancurran01
12-08-2003, 07:36 AM
Morning blood sugar was 63.

meals for yesterday

meal 1
2 eggs and 4 strips of bacon
piece of wheat bread

meal 2
chicken wrap with lettuce in a tortilla
2 handfuls of peanuts

meal3
1 pork chop and veggies

did not lift or do cardio yesterday knee was pretty painful.

am going to try and do cardio today

briancurran01
12-08-2003, 09:43 AM
yeah. I am trying to turn my diet around. I have tried sugar busters that worked for a while.

I have seen a few nutritionalist.Most of the time the kicker with a diet is having the time to cook every day. I am really going to try and stick to it this time. I have a lot more energy and my sugar is great!!

THe highest my sugar was all weekend was 114 that is AWESOME FOR ME!!

drew
12-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Thanks StevenEric. I try. :D

Brian, I may have already suggested this, but is there anywhere you can swim? That would be the ideal cardio with your knee problems.

briancurran01
12-08-2003, 01:12 PM
That might be an option also. THanks Drew.

I can walk on the treadmill i just have to do low speed. I might try swimming as an option

briancurran01
12-09-2003, 09:07 AM
evening blood sugar

this morning blood sugar 92

meals yesterday

meal 1
4 hard boiled eggs

meal2
1 package peanuts
about 10 small baby carrots

meal3
1 cup oatmeal
1 small pork chop

meal 4
beaf and bean burrito

didnt work out too sore still will try today. No cardio knee still sore

ericg
12-09-2003, 11:35 AM
You sugar levels are looking awesome man!! I was very high this morning, sugar levels i mean. I was at 181.

Diet isnt looking so bad.

I went to a couple of the diabetic dietition classes and both dietitions were blown away with the information that I knew about nutrition and diet, i guess they are not used to having someone with better than average knowledge of nutrition - kudos to WBB and its members. One of the dietitions even suggested that i speak at one of the larger classes about a healthy nutritional lifestyle and what not.

Great to see you are interested in DLs. My favorite exercise is probably SLDLs (stiff leg dead lifts). Good luck with them, I am sure they will treat you nicely.

briancurran01
12-10-2003, 03:09 PM
5/10 250. I am losing my gut but not losing much weight recently. i have lost about 20 pounds or so in the last 6 months. I have dropped 2 pant sizes.

I can definitely notice an increase in strength and bicep size.

I think the weight will start coming off here soon

briancurran01
12-10-2003, 03:50 PM
blood sugar last night was 85
this morning was 97

diet for yesterday
meal 1
medium size banana
2 cups oatmeal

meal 2
peanuts
2 roast beef wraps with hi fiber tortilla

meal 3
chicken sandwich

workout yesterday
since not working out legs did chest and some biceps

bench press 2x6 170
pec deck 2x6 60 pounds
machine rows 2x6 130 pounds
tricep curls 2x6 30 pounds
shoulder press machine 2x6 60 pounds

not as sore today

briancurran01
12-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Two pants sizes...thats great Brian

Thanks.

I want to start dropping more weight though.

I am going to try and start doing more cardio in the mornings before i go to work

briancurran01
12-13-2003, 11:09 AM
SInce I have posted for a few days I will catch up on everything

wednesday diet
meal 1
2 cups oatmeal 2 bananas

meal 2
2 roast beef wraps on high fiber tortilla
peanuts

meal 3
steak
baked potato
asparagus

blood sugar morning 93
afternoon 90

thursday meals

meal 1
2 cups oatmeal
banana

meal 2 roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread
peanuts

meal 3
large chicken breast
vegetables
baked potato

blood sugar
morning 90
afternon 62

friday meals
meal 1 2 cups oatmeal
breakfast casserole with eggs cheese and sausage

meal 2
roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread
banana
peanuts

meal 3
steak sandwich
bowl of chili

blood sugar
morning 65
evenging 80

Walked this morning on the treadmill for 30 minutes at 2.5 speed burned total of 200 carolies

Thanks for all the encouragement everybody

briancurran01
12-17-2003, 09:42 AM
havent been keeping up with this too much. TOo busy with the holidays.

Blood sugar is still doing good 14 day average is 101.

Diet is soso. DOing better then I was but still not eating like i want. I also need to get some meal replacement shakes and some supplements not taking in enough calories and protein

briancurran01
12-17-2003, 05:28 PM
diet for today

meal 1
2 cups oatmeal
some peanuts

meal 2
2 roast beef pitas with alfalfa sprouts
more peanuts

meal 3
steak
baked potato
asparagus
big bowl of salad with tomatoes

Had a really realy good workout today

5 minutes on the treadmill to get the blood pumping

Did free weights this time have been using a machine can definitely tell the difference I can barely move

flat bench

120 pounds 2 x 12 1x8
incline bench
110 pounds 2 x 8

dumbell incline bench
40 pounds 2x8

bent over rows
120 pounds 2x10-can definitely feel this baby in my back

dumbbell flyes
40 pounds 2x8

I am sure after doing the free weight bench for a while the weight will increase

I can most definitely tell a HUGE difference between using free weights and machines

I hope to try increasing the weight on bench next time did this at home and 120 pounds is all i have right now. am looking to get more weights for xmas.

ericg
12-18-2003, 05:46 AM
Sugars are looking good!!

You are right about the difference between free weights and machines. Machines do have their place but I would try to do as many free weight movements as possible. I went through all your posts to try and figure out your routine, to no avail. Do you think you could make a post that outlines what you do each day of the week - include the exercises, sets and reps. I know we have been through this before in a couple other threads, but i think now that you have a journal we should pick it apart in here!!

As far as I can tell your goal is to lose some fat? Your food choices look excellent, but i think you should eat more often. Just try to add one meal at first then another so you are eating 5/day. I promise you will notice a difference in your metabolism and if you were having trouble stabilizing your sugars this would help as well - but seems like that is under great control.

I am not sure about the number of cals you are taking in but it seems like its a bit low, which believe it or not it could hinder fat loss. I think if you add some meals in you will be fine. FYI - a good figure to shoot for would be about 11x your weight in cals (for fat loss), which would bring you to about 2750/day. IMHO it would be worth it to count cals for a week or two so you can get an idea of what you are puting in your body. Keep tabs of your weight weekly and adjust the cals from there - remember though to weight first thing in the am (after you take care of business of course) on an empty stomach, so the weekly numbers can be compared accurately.

As far as getting some meal replacements I would really try the stuff they have at At Large Nutrition. Ive known these guys before this message board existed and talked with a couple of the members while they were in the process of creating this board so they have my trust that their supps are awesome. Though i think some sorta protein supplement would be awesome post workout, i would stick with "real food" as much as possible.

That is all, for now...

Coke
12-18-2003, 05:59 AM
...don't sweat it man, just keep getting those sessions in and you will find your way - :)

Nobody can tell you how to do your thing bro, lol

briancurran01
12-18-2003, 06:36 AM
Sugars are looking good!!

You are right about the difference between free weights and machines. Machines do have their place but I would try to do as many free weight movements as possible. I went through all your posts to try and figure out your routine, to no avail. Do you think you could make a post that outlines what you do each day of the week - include the exercises, sets and reps. I know we have been through this before in a couple other threads, but i think now that you have a journal we should pick it apart in here!!

As far as I can tell your goal is to lose some fat? Your food choices look excellent, but i think you should eat more often. Just try to add one meal at first then another so you are eating 5/day. I promise you will notice a difference in your metabolism and if you were having trouble stabilizing your sugars this would help as well - but seems like that is under great control.

I am not sure about the number of cals you are taking in but it seems like its a bit low, which believe it or not it could hinder fat loss. I think if you add some meals in you will be fine. FYI - a good figure to shoot for would be about 11x your weight in cals (for fat loss), which would bring you to about 2750/day. IMHO it would be worth it to count cals for a week or two so you can get an idea of what you are puting in your body. Keep tabs of your weight weekly and adjust the cals from there - remember though to weight first thing in the am (after you take care of business of course) on an empty stomach, so the weekly numbers can be compared accurately.

As far as getting some meal replacements I would really try the stuff they have at At Large Nutrition. Ive known these guys before this message board existed and talked with a couple of the members while they were in the process of creating this board so they have my trust that their supps are awesome. Though i think some sorta protein supplement would be awesome post workout, i would stick with "real food" as much as possible.

That is all, for now...

eric...

i am doing the wbb routine 1 as closely as I can.

I am going to only work biceps, triceps, chest, and back until I find out about my knee.

I want to start doing chinups but I was unsure about the machine that assists with them. I tried doing one of those and the thing went down and up so fast I almost fell off!!!

I am going to ask someone about the club about it

this is my normal chest and back routine right now

flat bench 180 on machine 3 sets 6 reps 120 with free weights (till get more weight at home) 3 sets 12 reps first 2 8 reps last

incline db press 30 pounds 3 xets 8

rows on machine 110 with free weight 120 3 sets 8

flys- on pec dec machine 40 with db 30.3 sets 8

I havent really worked bis and triceps yet doing that tomorrow. Also after find out about my knee want to develop a leg workout that i can do.

all i am really doing for my legs now is walking on the treadmill 2 or 3 days a week for 30 minutes

am ordering meal replacement shakes tonight I am sure that will help with fitting in all of the meals.

pruneman
12-18-2003, 06:52 AM
am ordering meal replacement shakes tonight I am sure that will help with fitting in all of the meals.

Take a look at opticen at www.atlargenutrition.com

It's getting some great reviews and it supports WBB :D. I just picked up a tub a few days ago but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

ericg
12-18-2003, 07:06 AM
WBB1 =

Day 1 : Chest and Back

Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Dips : 2 x 6-8 reps
Chin ups : 2 x 6-8 reps
Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
Barbell Rows : 2 x 6-8 reps
Shrugs : 1 x 10 reps

Day 2 : OFF

Day 3 : Legs

Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
Hack Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
Leg Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
Straight Legged Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 reps

Day 4 : OFF

Day 5 : Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps

Military Press in Rack : 2 x 6-8 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Standing Lateral Raises : 2 x 10 reps
Narrow Grip bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
French Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Barbell Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
Hammer Curls : 1 x 6-8 reps

Day 6 : OFF

Day 7 : OFF

I like the exercises they have on WBB1, but personally im not much into hitting chext and back on the same day - to me that is to much to be training on one day. I prefer a PUSH/PULL/LEGS split. Where you train back/biceps(and rear delts); chest/delts/triceps; and then legs/abs. This is just something that i like to stick to. I do each once per week and i loved it.

briancurran01
12-18-2003, 11:40 AM
I will be able to follow the wbb more strictly now that I got my questions answered on pullups and dips.

I look forward to my biceps and triceps workout tomorrow. GOnna push it like crazy.

briancurran01
12-19-2003, 07:04 AM
Well, the verdict is in...I DONT NEED KNEE SURGERY!!!

YAY!!!!

But, I also have to limit what I can do with my legs lifting wise. THere is damage to my knee but the doctor is not sure that surgery will fix the problem or make it worse.

I am going to try doing some leg extensions and leg press with light weight and see how it goes. I will do whatever I can I am NOT going to let this get me down or set me back. I am doing so well have seen gains in arms shoulders and chest already. Heres to more gains WOOHOO!!!

pruneman
12-19-2003, 10:18 AM
Well, the verdict is in...I DONT NEED KNEE SURGERY!!!

YAY!!!!

But, I also have to limit what I can do with my legs lifting wise. THere is damage to my knee but the doctor is not sure that surgery will fix the problem or make it worse.

I am going to try doing some leg extensions and leg press with light weight and see how it goes. I will do whatever I can I am NOT going to let this get me down or set me back. I am doing so well have seen gains in arms shoulders and chest already. Heres to more gains WOOHOO!!!

Great news dude! Looking forward to seeing some good sessions

briancurran01
12-19-2003, 11:50 AM
Pruneman- THanks bro. I am looking forward to some good workouts to. The last one had me psyched.

Steven- Bro I really appreciate all your encouragement. I cant wait to show you the results man. I got the before picture all picked out too :) Now we just need to get to the after picture.

I am posting a couple of pictures this weekend so you can see some of what I have done.

I am ready for the arms and shoulders session tonight!!!

briancurran01
12-19-2003, 01:01 PM
forgot to post this earlier

blood sugar
evening 62

meal1
breakfast burrito eggs and sausage
2 cups oatmeal

meal2
1 cup peanuts
1 small package cashews

meal3
2 slices lean roast beef on whole wheat bread

meal 4
2 large pieces of chicken
biscuit
small serving of mashed potatoes

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Down to size 38 waist jeans!!! First time can fit into size 38, in over 5 years!!!!!!!!

DANG that makes me psyched goal is to get to size 36 or 34.

Just gotta keep on trucking

briancurran01
12-19-2003, 05:57 PM
here was the workout for today

close grip bench press
2x12 120 pounds
1x80 120 pounds

shoulder press
2 x 12 80 pounds

hammer curls
2 x 8 30 pounds

dumbell curls
2 x 8 30 pounds

barbell curls
2 x 8 45 pounds

lateral raises
2 x8 30 pounds

First good arm workout I have had

Now that I know about my knees I can get in more of a system.

Tomorrow will be cardio day

briancurran01
12-20-2003, 12:37 PM
well I finally posted some pictures this morning just waiting for them to be approved.

Let me know what you think PLEASE comments are what helps me.

blood sugar this morning 110

meals yesterday

meal 1
breakfst casserole

meal2
2 pieces chicken breast
1 small biscuit
some popcorn chicken

meal 3
some peanuts
2 bowls of salad

meal 4
2 pieces chicken
1 cup brown rice
1 cup mixed vegetables

drank lots of water yesterday
try to drink 7 full 1 liter bottles a day

got 8 hours of sleep did not get to do cardio this morning knee sore. going to try maybe a bike ride or something later today or tomorrow

briancurran01
12-21-2003, 08:34 AM
weight- 252 today

am starting to drop about 2 pounds a week consistently so on my way to where I want to be.

blood sugar last night -101
blood sugar this am-118

meals for yesterday
meal 1
breakfast burrito with ham eggs
banana

meal 2
banana

meal3
baked chicken breast no breading
1 cup brown rice
1 cup brussel sprouts

meal 4
taco salad with lettuce, beans beef and cheese

ordered some nitrean last night. going to get some other supps today

have pictures posted in the my pictures thread. Upon suggestion from a few people will post another picture minus the shirt as it is hard to tell anything with the shirt on. I know the picture is just the beginning we will call it the "before" picture

I am noticing progress in chest and shoulders. will try to take some measrements so I can get an idea where I am at

drew
12-21-2003, 08:43 AM
Brian, looking great bro. Great news about the knees. Once you start training those legs, even lightly, your knees should show some improvement. Keep up the good work man.

briancurran01
12-21-2003, 09:59 AM
Brian, looking great bro. Great news about the knees. Once you start training those legs, even lightly, your knees should show some improvement. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks Drew.

Hey, if you get a chance take a look at the pics. I just took some new ones today. :)

did 30 minutes 10 miles on the bike at the club today for cardio burned 138 calories. Only at level 2 worked the legs a little feeling good. Excited about the changes that are going on cant wait to see more.

briancurran01
12-21-2003, 10:06 AM
weight- 252 today

am starting to drop about 2 pounds a week consistently so on my way to where I want to be.

yesterday was a little low on calories only 1800 per fit day will raise this. just went and did some food shopping yesterday :)
blood sugar last night -101
blood sugar this am-118

meals for yesterday
meal 1
banana

meal 2
banana

meal3
baked chicken breast no breading
1 cup brown rice
1 cup brussel sprouts

meal 4
taco salad with lettuce, beans beef and cheese

ordered some nitrean last night. going to get some other supps today

have pictures posted in the my pictures thread. Upon suggestion from a few people will post another picture minus the shirt as it is hard to tell anything with the shirt on. I know the picture is just the beginning we will call it the "before" picture

I am noticing progress in chest and shoulders. will try to take some measrements so I can get an idea where I am at

Stephen Riddington
12-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Keep up the great work, Brian!!!!

Great news about not needing knee surgery. Good idea starting out light when dealing with knee-related exercises.

I agree with some ppl here, you'll get some serious defination when you cut down your body fat.

briancurran01
12-21-2003, 08:08 PM
homer-thanks man. I am going to keep working as hard as possible. Just ordered some nitrean, got another mrp from gnc and am getting a few more supps. I am sure those will help. Keep checking on me bro. People replying to me is what keeps me going. I will check out your journal also.

ericg
12-22-2003, 05:32 AM
Nice to see that you wont need surgery!! Thats great to hear. Workouts are looking nice as well as your diet. Keep up the awesome work....oh and congrats on 38 pants!! Nice job.

You should take more measurements to help track your progress: biceps, chest, thighs, calves, shoulders etc.

briancurran01
12-22-2003, 06:32 AM
meals for yesterday

meal 1
banana
breakfast burrito

meal 2
3 eggs
4 pieces of bacon

meal 3
salad with chicken strips
2 servings 100% whey

meal 4
6 inch meatball sub (blame this one on the wife :) she wouldnt cook the last meal and this is what the mother in law wanted)

only got about 7 hours of sleep last night

starting with chest/back tonight, then cardio tomorrow, legs wednesday, cardio xmas day, biceps/triceps/shoulders on friday

briancurran01
12-22-2003, 06:33 AM
Nice to see that you wont need surgery!! Thats great to hear. Workouts are looking nice as well as your diet. Keep up the awesome work....oh and congrats on 38 pants!! Nice job.

You should take more measurements to help track your progress: biceps, chest, thighs, calves, shoulders etc.

Thanks eric.

I wasnt real sure on where to measure for everything (havent ever done that before...I know about biceps and chest and thigh, what about shoulder? How do you measure your shoulder

briancurran01
12-22-2003, 05:53 PM
workout for tonight

flat bench
135 pounds 2x8
chest press
150 pounds 2x 8

pec deck
60 pounds 3x8

dumbbell press
30 pounds 3x8

machine row
120 pounds 2x8

bb row
45 pounds 2x8 (mostly going for form since only done these once before)

meals for today
meal 1
100 whey 2 servings
1 cup oatmeal

meal 2
1/2 cup peanuts
2 pitas with turkey and alfalfa sprouts

meal 3
1 ox bag peanuts
2 servings 100% whey post workout

meal 4
steak
veggies
baked potato

still had trouble doing chinups and dips tried to use the assist thingy and not doing it right havent used this before will get assistance with this next chest day

Stephen Riddington
12-22-2003, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't worry about the meatball sub, and by the way I hear the general rule when you're married is not to antagonize your mother-in-law.

Nice workout, you're doing the smart thing going for form first before increasing weights. (Re: bb row) Is the DB press bench or seated (military-style)??? If bench I think you can do a little heavier from what I have seen with your bb bench press.

I can do 50lbs DB bench and do 95lbs bb bench, (will be increasing the weight on the bb bench next time.)

Stephen Riddington
12-22-2003, 08:28 PM
As for the chin-ups and dips, increase the support poundage on the assisted dip/chin-up machine and perform them to form, then decrease them to the point where you can perform two/three sets that reach failture on the final rep of the last set. This is in my general opinion, but the best idea is to get one of the trainer at your gym to help you out with the form and etc.

pruneman
12-22-2003, 08:35 PM
Nice looking session bro. might want to throw in some carbs instead of the peanuts PWO for better recovery...Just my $0.02 :D Keep up the hard work!

briancurran01
12-23-2003, 06:43 AM
canadian homer-thanks man. I will try more with the db. I am doing it flat bench. And I will get help on the dips and chins next time. I just didnt feel confident enough in my knee standing on that thing without someone watching in case my knee gave out and I took a tumble.Thanks for coming by homer. Keep checking up on me., I am doing my first leg workout in a LONG time tomorrow. :)

Pruneman-Thanks bro. I will try eating more carbs preworkout. Thanks for checking this out. Stop back by and keep checking on me.

Reinier
12-23-2003, 06:57 AM
what are your current goals? lower bf%?

briancurran01
12-23-2003, 07:16 AM
what are your current goals? lower bf%?

lower bf% more strength more definition

briancurran01
12-23-2003, 07:22 AM
Good news!!! I may finally have a training partner. One of the guys I work with wants to get back into working out. So we will see if this happens if it does it would be perfect!!!

drew
12-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Nice work Brian. Keep it up and you'll be "The Shredded Dog"

briancurran01
12-23-2003, 10:09 AM
I forgot to post this earlier

blood sugar last night 81
blood sugar this morning 54

Really need to get to the doctor to adjust the meds these low blood sugars kill me in the morning

briancurran01
12-23-2003, 05:56 PM
meals for today

meal 1
100% whey
1 cup cottage cheese

meal 2
salami sandwich on whole wheat grain bread
1cup cottage cheese

meal 3
2 cups oatmeal

meal 4
100% whey 2 servings
1 piece of chicken

meal 5
pork chop mixed veggies

did 30 minutes on the treadmill burned 130 cals

Stephen Riddington
12-23-2003, 07:48 PM
the eating habits are getting better. I dunno if I could have the strength or the will to eat healthy when I get to cut (way in the future.)

briancurran01
12-24-2003, 05:41 AM
weight this morning 253.5

blood sugar was 49. woke me up at 1200am. had to eat some sugar felt like i was either going to throw up or pass out. Not sure why the blood sugar is going so low havent ever had it as low as it is this morning

just tested it again after the sugar at midnight and it is now 119 and I feel much better

briancurran01
12-24-2003, 07:12 AM
just finished my first leg workout in about 2 years !!!!

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!

I am PSYCHED NO KNEE PAIN!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

squats
110 pounds 2x8

hack squats
65 pounds 2x8 (trying mostly for good form)

sldl
120 pounds 3x8

leg extensions
30 pounds 3x8

leg curls 30 pounds 3x8

Next week I will try dding a little more weight. wore knee braces on both knees to help prevent injury.

feel so good today did another 30 minutes of cardio on the tredmill burned 130 cals.

Am going to start waking up a little earlier and doing cardio first thing in the am every day. My doctor wants 30 minutes of cardio every day if possible.

People say i need dedication...I am SO DEDICATED right now it is silly!!!

I would lift every day if i could!!! I love this sh!t!!!!

drew
12-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Excellent work on the legs man. Just take it slow and don't increase too fast. Your knees will thank you later.

pruneman
12-24-2003, 04:30 PM
nice session BC. Just checked out your fitday too...you look to be on the right track :thumbup: keep up the hard work!

briancurran01
12-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Excellent work on the legs man. Just take it slow and don't increase too fast. Your knees will thank you later.

Drew thanks bro. I will take it slow. This sh!t is addicting man!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

briancurran01
12-24-2003, 04:36 PM
nice session BC. Just checked out your fitday too...you look to be on the right track :thumbup: keep up the hard work!

Pruneman-Thanks bro.I just gotta keep trucking along. I am sure in a month or so of work I will see some kind of results.

My legs hurt like a mofo today and so does my butt!!!

So i must be doing something right :)

Stephen Riddington
12-24-2003, 11:40 PM
Dude, like those commercials on TV. Weightlifting is my ****ing anti-drug, but it's so damn addicting that it must be a drug though. Kinda confusing eh!!

briancurran01
12-25-2003, 03:39 PM
homer-this is the longest that I have ever stuck with this and I am loving it. I cant wait for march to get here!!!

blood sugar last night at 11 pm 114
blood sugar this morning at 8am 89

meals yesterday
1 cup oatmeal with some 100% whey inside
1 cup milk fat free milk

meal 2 post workout
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
16 ounces 100% whey

meal 3
4 pieces turkey bacon
3 large scrambled eggs

meal 4
1 cup cottage cheese
16 ounces 100% whey mixed with water

meal 5
1 cup turkey
1/2 cup stuffing
some long island sausage peppers and onions (mmmm this stuff good!!!)

just finished another 30 minutes on the treadmill burned 130 cals. Was not going to do it, but i feel ccountabe to what i put in here and I said i was going to do it!!! I will be skipping the cardio tomorrow as I cant get in to do it before work, as the mommy in law still here and I go to work at 5 and the treadmill is in her room :(

meals so far today

meal 1
1 cup cottage cheese
16 ounce 100%whey mixed with water

meal 2
3 ounces beef jerkey 99% fat free

meal 3
4 pieces bacon
3 large scrambled eggs
3 homemade biscuits

meal 4 post cardio workout
16 ounces 100% whey

ordered me some creatine yesterday am getting some multi vitamins this weekend.

only cheat so far is 2 small pieces of candy :) doing good with all the temptations abounding :)

Merry Christmas all who look!!
tomorrow is biceps, tricpes and shoulders after work woohooo!!!

briancurran01
12-26-2003, 05:45 PM
biceps triceps shoulders

close grip bench
100 pounds 3 x 6

military press machine
60 pounds 1x6
90 pounds 1x6

arm curls machine
40 pounds 1 x 6
60 pounds 1 x 6

arm curls ez curl bar
45 pounds 2 x 6

lateral raises
25 pounds 2x6

hammer curls
30 pounds 2x6

seated overhead raises db
25 pounds 2x6

edit: french curls
25 pounds 2x8

briancurran01
12-27-2003, 09:10 AM
meals for yesterday

meal 1
100% whey 2 scoops mixed with water

meal 2
1.5 cups cottage cheese

meal 3
4 ounces beef jerky
ham sandwich on 5 grain bread

meal 4
100% whey 2 scoops pre workout

meal 5
1 cup mashed potatoes
3 medium slices ham
and 1 small piece chocolate cream pie :(

calories fell a little short today

did 45 minutes on the bike today 15 miles burned 160 calories

tomorrow am doing at least 45 minutes cardio again either on the bike or the treadmill

weight this morning was 254

wife says she can tell some growth in my shoulders and my chest :)

Stephen Riddington
12-27-2003, 04:34 PM
wife says she can tell some growth in my shoulders and my chest :)

:thumbup: Keep it up, and March will look like a reality, dude.

Coke
12-27-2003, 06:25 PM
I like it bro, see what I was saying - you are doing your own thang mang - :D

briancurran01
12-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Homer-Thanks man. My wife told me she can see an increase in size already in my shoulders and chest. My biceps look bigger already also.

I had a cheat day today kind of. Had a few beers and a crappy dinner but I think I deserved it with all the hard work I have put in over the last month. I will work it off tomorrow with more cardio

Cocoa-Thanks man. I like this to. I can see changes and so can others. I am pumped. Have you checked out my pics yet? If not please do and leave me a comment.

briancurran01
12-28-2003, 09:13 AM
did 50 minutes on the treadmill today

meals for yesterday

meal 1
cottage cheese
100% whey 2 scoops in water

meal 2
1 breakfast burrito
100% whey 2 scoops with water

meal 3
1 breakfast burrito

meal 4
chicken breast with mozzerela cheese
.5 cup cottage cheese

meal 5
big bacon classic tuttut
french fries tuttut

also had 5 beers last night :alcoholic I felt i deserved a cheat day after all the work i did

Stephen Riddington
12-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Nothing wrong with one day of boozing. Just have the next day off to recover fully.

Coke
12-29-2003, 07:55 AM
...I have an idea of what you plan to obtain and here is the suggestion, try the treadmill for about 25 minutes at 3.7 (or whatever is possible for you). This is equal to about 1 1/2 miles but the catch is to do this 2 times per day...it is ok to skip a day here and there. Try this bro for a couple of weeks and tell me what happens, and I guarantee some results for ripness!

briancurran01
12-29-2003, 09:26 AM
Cocoa- roght now I do about a mile on the treadmill a day. I will try what you suggest. I cant do twice a day until my mother in law is gone. (I would need to do part of it before I went to work. and I leave for work at 530 am well before she is awake)

She leaves on saturday and I will start doing this then. Until then I am going to do 45 minutes on the treadmill at the highest speed that my knees can take.

briancurran01
12-29-2003, 05:54 PM
now THAT is what a call a workout.

superset chest press/pec deck
chest press-170 pounds 1x8
180 pounds 1x8

pec deck
60 pounds 1x8
70 pounds 1x8

dips 100 pounds assist
2x8

dumbbell press
30 pounds 1x8 (forgot about hese and arms were toast couldnt do more then 30 pounds)

flat bench press
100 pounds 2x8 (to get to failure)

pulldowns wide grip front
100 pounds 1x8
110 pounds 1x8

pulldowns close grip front
100 pounds 1x8

pulldown wide grip back
110 1 x8

machine rows
130 pounds 2x8

Stephen Riddington
12-29-2003, 06:11 PM
how was the assisted dips, did you get the feel for it yet (form-wise)???

briancurran01
12-29-2003, 06:25 PM
yeah I got the hang of the dips I am going to keep doing those.I am going to try it with less assist next time I still had trouble with the chinups though. I need to get my upper back stronger then I should be able to do those

briancurran01
12-30-2003, 07:11 AM
Just had to put this in here.

I AM FRICKING PSYCHED!!!!!!

I AM SHOWING GAINS IN EVERY EXERCISE!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!!

I AM GOING TO TAKE MEASUREMENTS TONIGHT so we have a starting point.

this does wonders for my motivation to show strength improvement in EVERY exercise i am doing. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

briancurran01
12-30-2003, 07:21 AM
blood sugar this morning 101

meals for yesterday
meal 1
100% whey 2 scoops mixed in water
1 cup cottage cheese

meal 2
turkey sandwich on 100 whole wheat bread
peanuts

meal 3
1 cup cottage cheese
light and fit smoothy yogurt drink thing

meal 4

meal 5
ham bean soup
2 pieces corn bread
1 cup fat free milk

doing some cardio tonight. trying to do what my boy cocoa suggested as close as possible.

I am SO EXCITED WITH THIS STUFF!!!

Stephen Riddington
12-30-2003, 11:49 AM
F*cking A!!!! :thumbup: Keep it up, man!!!

briancurran01
12-30-2003, 11:56 AM
F*cking A!!!! :thumbup: Keep it up, man!!!

Thanks homer.

I hope I start losing weight soon, i have actually gained a little. but I think this is from the muscle i am gaining

midee1
12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
It's awesome as hell to start showing some progress ain't it.

Keep at it and the gains will continue to come. :cool:

briancurran01
12-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Midee thanks bro. Yeah it is very awesome!!!!

I cant wait for march to come as that is when ya'll get to see the transformation.

briancurran01
12-30-2003, 05:32 PM
did 15 minutes on the treadmill today. will try to do more later tonight. got really bad calf pain and had to stop,

briancurran01
12-31-2003, 06:36 AM
bloodsugar last night-58
blood sugar this morning-97

the low blood sugar last night had something to do with my not being able to finish the time on the treadmill. I got lightheaded even though i ate something with sugar a few minutes before walking.

I hope this damn weight loss starts soon. When I took the pictures 2 weeks ago i was 252 now i am 255.5. I think it is my body adjusting to the higher calories since I was not eating correctly before and was eating way under what i should have been.

briancurran01
12-31-2003, 08:14 AM
i am making another short term goal for myself:

240 by 2/29/2004 that is losing a little more then a pound a week from where i am now.

briancurran01
12-31-2003, 12:09 PM
meals for yesterday

meal 1
1 cup cottage cheese
100% whey 2 scoops mixed with water

meal 2
ham bean soup
2 pieces corn bread

meal 3 fat free yogurt no sugar added

meal 4
pb sandwich 1 slice of bread
100% whey 2 scoops

meal 5
salad with cucumbers and cherry tomatoes

meal 6
4 oz chicken
1/2 cup mashed potatoes

midee1
12-31-2003, 01:08 PM
i am making another short term goal for myself:

240 by 2/29/2004 that is losing a little more then a pound a week from where i am now.

Brian,
I've that this is the best way to attain what you want. Set short term goals so you have something to shoot for. Good luck and just yell if ya need any help. We'll all be glad to. :)

briancurran01
12-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Brian,
I've that this is the best way to attain what you want. Set short term goals so you have something to shoot for. Good luck and just yell if ya need any help. We'll all be glad to. :)

midee thanks man. I am getting alot of help from ericg I will shoot you a pm or instant message if I have any questions thanks alot I appreciate it. Some of this stuff is so new to me, I talk erics ear off all day long.

Focused70
12-31-2003, 01:52 PM
Good going Bri.

If it helps any, whilst I am not diabetic, both of my dads were. My dad (natural dad) was and died of complications caused by diabetes -- the fact that he drank three sodas a day at age 35 didn't help much.

My second stepfather recently died last April, from a heart attack brought on as a result of his diabetes. He was in his mid 70s.

I'm determined to make it past 35. (I'm 33.) And no, I don't have diabetes -- although my mom was worried at one point that I might have had it.

Soba

briancurran01
12-31-2003, 05:47 PM
Legs

squats
85 pounds 1x8
120 pounds 2x8

hack squats
85 pounds 2x 8 (up 10 pounds from last week)

sldl
120 pounds 3x8 (same as last week)

leg extensions
40 pounds 3x8 (up 10 from last week)

leg curls
35 pounds 3x8 (up 5 pounds from last week)

also did 50 crunch situps on the fitball.

have been doing these for a while just not including them will start including them when they are done

Was going to increase weight more on squats and sldl BUT found out upon arriving at my club at 5pm that they closed at 5pm DOH!!!!

120 pounds is all the weights i have here at the house.

Legs feel good though still no knee pain which is EXCEPTIONAL. will increase weights more next week as I can work out at the club.

Coke
12-31-2003, 07:37 PM
Glad that I can be helpful...I think it is great what you are doing - many wish for the enthusiasm you have shown!

Keep up the great work, I wish you the best on every level bro!

briancurran01
01-01-2004, 09:43 AM
I did 40 minutes on the bike today burned 160 cals.

AND GET THIS SH!T!!!

I weighed myself at the club today fully clothed.............148!!!! 1 mother fooking 4orty fooking 8!!!!

Hell yeah!!!!!!

My scale at home must be jacked because fully clothed is 256!!!.

THis PROVES that I am doing what I need to be doing!!!

unclothed i anticipate 246 or so will check that tomorrow. But either way even if it stays 248 that is 4 fooking pounds in 2 weeks!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!!

woohooo!!!!

midee1
01-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Grats on the weight loss. It's feel great doesn't it. :nod:

As for the pics I did check them out this morning. That's what I resembled in Oct 2002 at 242 lbs. So I guess if it's any consolation after your weight loss you should look like me. :D

That's scary as hell to think there are 2 people in the world who look like me. ;)

All kidding aside I read from some of the others that pics without a shirt would help to critique a little better. It just makes me happy to see someone about the same age as me with the same goals. Now I have someone to talk to and compare with. Best of luck and Happy New Year.

midee1
01-01-2004, 10:03 AM
I would also suggest buying a set of digital scales and picking a day to weigh yourself. Myself I weigh myself on Sunday morning about 9:00am before breakfast and after the bathroom break.

I weigh up to 10lbs different on the scales at work and at the gym. So I only go by mine at the house.

briancurran01
01-01-2004, 10:05 AM
thanks midee. I have 2 sets of pics in the same thread the second set are without a shirt.

I am psyched!!!

I have a big frame and can hold lost of muscle so bring it on!!! I WANT THAT MUSCLE!!!!!!

briancurran01
01-01-2004, 10:06 AM
my scale at home is digital but it is off. It says i was GAINING weight when i knew i was losing. I am going to go by the one at the club. and the docs office as it is the same kind

midee1
01-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Sorry I didn't follow it through. I thought the rest were comments. I'll try to look through it later. Gotta head to the gym now. :cool:

briancurran01
01-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey steven. I go next saturday to see the doctor again. I hope to get some of these meds adjusted

briancurran01
01-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Glad that I can be helpful...I think it is great what you are doing - many wish for the enthusiasm you have shown!

Keep up the great work, I wish you the best on every level bro!

Cocoa thanks for all the encouragement mang. Please keep checking on my progress as i think I am starting to hit a groove with this shiznit. :)

drew
01-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Brian, great leg work, and nice job on the weight loss. Keep it up bro.

briancurran01
01-01-2004, 03:50 PM
i took some measurements for the first time except arms were measured about 2 weeks ago

biceps 2 weeks ago 14.5 now 15.5
neck 19.5
chest 46
thigh left 22
thigh right 19
calf left 18
calf right 17

This is much better then i expected on pretty much everything. SO lets see what happens after lifting consistently for a while :)

drew
01-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Nice Bri. I just took my measurements, they're in the journal. Oh, and my neck is 17.5" lol

briancurran01
01-01-2004, 04:09 PM
I am going to catch you in chest bro!!!!

And pass you in arms. :)

I will live up to my nickname

THE BIG DAWG!!!!

briancurran01
01-01-2004, 05:43 PM
meals for yesterday

meal 1
100%whey 16 ounces mixed in water
lean & fit yogurt smoothy
yogurt

meal 2
3oz beef jerky

meal 3
2 3oz chicken breast
2 corn bread muffins

meal 4
2 cups cottage cheese

meal 5 100%whey mixed in water
banana

meal 6
3 oz london broil
6 asparagus spears

meals for today

meal 1
100% whey 16 oz mixed with fat free milk
pb sandwich 2 tablespoons reduced fat pb

meal 2
scrambled eggs
3 sausage links
2 medium size pancakes

meal 3
6 inch turkey breast on wheat subway
small diet pspsi

meal 4
2 3 oz chicken breast
1 cup potatoes

meal 5
1 cup cottage cheese
peanuts

briancurran01
01-01-2004, 06:03 PM
202 posts booyah!!!!

midee1
01-01-2004, 07:50 PM
I'd about kill for the carbs in your food right now. ;)

Keep it up. It really is all worth while. :thumbup:

briancurran01
01-02-2004, 08:49 AM
kind of weird doing my workout in the morning, but i am off work till tuesday and i was awake so figured what the heck

biceps/tri's/shoulders
shoulder press
90 pounds 1x6
110 pounds 2x6 (up 20 from last week)

arm curls machine
70 pounds 1x6 (much harder then last week I think I misread the weight last week when i said 90)

tricep press
90 pounds 1x8
110 pounds 2x8

close grip bench
100 pounds 2x8 (very fast sets seemed easy will try more next week)

ez curl bar
55 pounds 3x8 (up 10 pounds from last week)

french curls
55 pounds 2x6 up 30 pounds from last week

hammer curls
30 pounds 2 x6 (may try moving these to a different spot in the workout to see if it easier earlier in the workout killed my arms

lateral press db
25 pounds 2x8

overhead press db
25 pounds 3x8

Another good workout. I weighed myself again and it said 246 this time so i am sticking with this scale and will weigh myself from now on every saturday morning.

Shane
01-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi Brian, I like your dedidcation. Is there a specific reason why you do your exercises in that order or do you just do them as they are available?

briancurran01
01-02-2004, 02:16 PM
hi shane. Thanks. Well I kind of just do them as i have them written down

drew
01-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Nice arm work man. You need to be working on that bird chest of yours though.

briancurran01
01-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Drew-Whateva pencil neck little neck boy. Maybe I will call you crane boy. Skinny ass neck boy :)

On a side note my low blood sugard are starting to concern me a little

62 this morning at 7 am
109 this afternoon at 1030
then at2 the blood sugar was back to 60.

It must be the adjusted activity level

started taking 500 mg vitamin c
and 500 mg vitamin b complex.

Coke
01-02-2004, 04:58 PM
...you sure know how to eat well with the london broil, turkey and chicken breasts bro - :thumbup:

briancurran01
01-02-2004, 09:29 PM
cocoa-yeah this is the first time I have followed a pretty strict diet. most of the time i cheat after about a week

briancurran01
01-03-2004, 10:21 AM
meals for yesterday

meal 1

meal2
4 oz london broil
mashed potatoes

meal3
cottage cheese
reduced fat pb sandwich

meal 4
1 cup wheat spaghetti no sauce
1 italian sausage

meal 5
3 oz beef jerky

briancurran01
01-03-2004, 10:24 AM
did 25 minutes on the treadmill this morning

looks like i will have to start doing it every day like i was the week of christmas to reduce cramping in the calves

briancurran01
01-04-2004, 12:13 PM
meals for yesterday

meal 1
breakfast burrito
100% whey 2 scoops

meal 2 breakfast burrito

meal 3
can of tuna and 2 slices whole wheat bread mixed with 1 teaspoon mayo

meal 4 100% whey
2 ounces peanuts

meal 5
ham and turkey breast sanwich with lettuce and tomato on whole what bread
100 Whey 3 scoops (little short on protein
1 16 ounce glass fat free milk

briancurran01
01-04-2004, 06:44 PM
i did 30 minutes on the treadmill today and did it in a different sit of like hiit brian style

did 1 minute at 2.0, then one minute at 2.1 ,2.2,2.3,2.4 then 2.5 then started back at 2.0

will keep doing this for a while as it worked my thighs pretty good

Coke
01-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Good work on the treads bro - keep it up!

briancurran01
01-05-2004, 04:15 AM
steven-appointment is saturday

Cocoa-thanks man. i will definitely keep it up :)

drew
01-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Lookin good evergreen-piss. lol

briancurran01
01-05-2004, 09:37 AM
workout for today
weighed myself again 244 so i am making progress there

chest press
185 1x8(5 more then last week)
170 1 x8

pec deck
80 pounds 1 x8 (10 more then week)
70 pounds 2x8

dips
100 pounds assist 2x8

db press 30 pounds 3x8

pulldown wg
120 pounds 1x8 (10 more then last week)
110 pounds 1x8

didnt do any other exercises today may be catching a cold not a whole lot of energy, but at least i made it in to the gym today. WIll try for a better workout on wednesday for legs

Tryska
01-05-2004, 09:57 AM
hey brian - what meds are you on?

briancurran01
01-05-2004, 10:02 AM
glyburide, glucophage, prandin, lisinopril and another blood pressure med, lipitor and actos

Tryska
01-05-2004, 10:13 AM
damn that sure is a helluva cocktail.

i take glucophage too, along with levoxyl. i'm not diabetic, but my doc detected some hyperinsulinemia, i think because of the thyroid thing.

needless to say the only way i'm able to lose fat is watching my insulin levels too.

briancurran01
01-05-2004, 10:16 AM
yeah. I am hoping to them reduced since i have my blood sugar under such good control. It has been a long road but I think i got it finally. Exercise is the key for me 7 days a week now as least 30 minutes a pop :)

Stephen Riddington
01-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Dude, sucks to hear. I hope things gets better.

briancurran01
01-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Thanks homer. I am sure it will work out

Coke
01-05-2004, 07:18 PM
With an optimistic outlook like that, it is bound to be A-OK bro!

briancurran01
01-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Cocoa- Thanks man. I am sure all will be cool. I just have to stay focused on my goals. I know what I want and I cant let anything take away that focus.

May work out for the best anyways as she will get a nice severance package.

ericg
01-06-2004, 05:56 AM
Dam man, that sucks - i know things were going rough for you guys, but this is the icing on the cake. Someone/something is testing you both now it is time to step up and hit one over the fence. I know you will pull through this, just dont let it descourage you from your goals. Keep your head up man.

drew
01-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Keep the positive outlook Bri. Everything will turn out fine, I'm sure.

briancurran01
01-06-2004, 08:24 AM
meals for yesterday

meal 1
some salami and reduced fat crackers

meal 2
100%whey 2 scoops
1 banana

meal 3
2 3 oz chicken breasts
some pistachios

meal 4
some peanuts and 2 packages oeatmeal

meal 5
turkey loin and some mixed veggies
1 glass fat free milk

blood sugar this morning was 88

did 25 minutes on the treadmill last night. tried to do some this morning but could not get my butt outta bed will walk on the treadmill again this afternoon

Stephen Riddington
01-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Get your ass on the treadmill. JK. At least you can make it up later in the day. It just takes alot of will and motivation, but from what I'm reading, you have shown no signs of lacking them.

I agree with most posters here, your positive outlook will be rewarded in the future.

briancurran01
01-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks Homer. My positivity is all that keeps me going sometimes

briancurran01
01-07-2004, 06:42 AM
i did 15 minutes on the treadmill. My low blood sugar is affecting my energy levels now. last night was 59 this morning it was 60

meals for yesterday

meal 1
100% whey 2 scoops in water
banana

meal 2 1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup pistachios

meal 3
1 cup cottage cheese
6 oz turkey loin

meal 4
reduced fat pb 1 teaspoon on 2 slices whole wheat bread

meal 5
tuna salad made with 1 can reduced sodium tuna and salad one teaspoon fat free mayo

Stephen Riddington
01-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Have you visited your doc regarding about your medication??? the lack of energy due to your sugar levels could be related to your meds.

briancurran01
01-07-2004, 09:36 AM
homer-i go see him saturday hopefully to get them adjusted.

I havent been as active as I am now that is why my doses are so high. Now that I am active I need them dropped and quick. My body is not reacting well to this low blood sugar

drew
01-07-2004, 10:43 AM
When are you going to see your doc?

briancurran01
01-07-2004, 10:57 AM
saturday morning at 930

briancurran01
01-07-2004, 05:54 PM
I totally brutalized myself tonight.
squats
45 pounds on smith machine
1x6 (knees did not like these today so I stopped

leg curls
35 pounds 3x6(no reset in between sets)

leg extensions
40 pounds 1x6
60 pounds 2x6

leg press
60 pounds 1x8
80 pounds 1x6
90 pounds 1x6 (this felt good on the quads like I could do more will up it next week)

sldl
95 pounds 1x6
110 pounds 2x6

my legs dont hurt at all. THe squats just did not feel right. I felt uncomfortable. will try them again next week. I think i brutalized my quads, hamstrings quite a bit with what i did though. I had trouble walking out of there :)

midee1
01-07-2004, 06:12 PM
There ya go. Get to workin them wheels. DOMS will be killer tomorrow.

drew
01-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Nice work Big Dawg.

Focused70
01-07-2004, 08:23 PM
YAY!!!

Believe me, altho not quite that circle of DOMS hell, I share your pain.

Soba

Stephen Riddington
01-07-2004, 10:59 PM
NIce leg workout, you did more than me :cry:

As for the squats, form should come first. With the smith machine, I don't like squatting with the smith machine, too much resistance. Squatting free weight should be easier, you have more control as you squat.

ericg
01-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Nice leg workout man! In time you will find some sort of squat that will feel comfortable for you, although squats are not meant to feel like a lazyboy, you should have confidence in the movement.

Keep it up bro.

JustinF
01-08-2004, 07:20 AM
How is the stance on your squats. My knee pains went away with a wide stance. (PL Stance)

YoBrickWall
01-08-2004, 07:31 AM
yo brian- read your journal. looks real good. i see that everyone is being very helpful which is cool. hang in there it doesnt happen over night but the results come graually. its the best investment you wont regret.

YBW

briancurran01
01-08-2004, 08:17 AM
midee,soba, homer-thanks man

Eric-THanks man. It may have been partly because i was using two different knee braces and not the ones i normally use as they were with my wife.

Justin-I will try a wider stance that may help. THanks my stance is pretty narrow i think.

briancurran01
01-08-2004, 08:18 AM
YBW- thanks man. I have seen alot of improvements already lost about 8 pounds so far. getting to higher weights is what i need to concentrate on now since I have the form pretty well.

briancurran01
01-08-2004, 08:35 AM
meals for yesterday
blood sugar last night was more in line 95
but this morning was 57 at 5am and 48 at 8 am

meal 1
chicken breat
2 scoops nitrean

meal 2
2 ounce peanuts
pb sandwich on whole wheat bread 1tbsp reduced fat pb

meal 3
1 can water packed low sodium tuna drained
1 oz peanuts

meal 4
1 cup cottage cheese

meal 5
banana
2 scoops nitrean mixed in water

meal 6
3 oz chicken
11 asparagus spears

drew
01-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Nice eating bro. How does that Nitrean taste?

briancurran01
01-08-2004, 10:39 AM
drew-the nitrean tastes like nestle quik.

Coke
01-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Glad that you are watching the blood sugar levels bro...also, excellent news about the weight loss - :thumbup:

briancurran01
01-08-2004, 11:22 AM
i made myself do my treadmill time today even though i feel like caca.

i did 30 minutes.

I have to do this every off day or else i get lazy and wont do it.

No excuses, i need to keep the pressure on cant slack now.

Coke
01-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Great determination bro! - :thumbup:

Stephen Riddington
01-08-2004, 12:33 PM
drew-the nitrean tastes like nestle quik.

ROFLMAO!!! I had the same thought!!!!

JustinF
01-09-2004, 02:58 AM
I have to do this every off day or else i get lazy and wont do it.

No excuses, i need to keep the pressure on cant slack now.

:nod:

Keep it up.

midee1
01-09-2004, 06:13 AM
:withstupi

can't slack off now.

galileo
01-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Slacking off is for losers and JustinF.

JustinF
01-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Slacking off is for losers and JustinF.
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/mfinger/2up.gif

briancurran01
01-09-2004, 11:08 AM
man it sure does help your workout if you gotta little anger adreniline going.

Just worked out after my wife pissed me off

did this at home so did not do all exercises normally do. all sets were done with about 30 seconds rest in between

tricep bench
120 pounds 2x8, 1x6(20 more then last week 1 more set then last week)

shoulder press

90 pounds 2x8

hammer curls
35 pounds 3 x8 (5 pounds more then last week 1 more set then lst week)

curl (done with regular bar dont have a ez curl bar at home yet)
90 pounds 3x8(35 pounds more then last week)

lateral raises
35 pounds 2x8 (will try dropping weight on this next week form is not entirely correct)

db over head press
1x8 35 pounds (all i could do. after this my arms were finished)

Stephen Riddington
01-09-2004, 11:20 AM
at least did you get make-up sex as post-workout exercise??? :D

briancurran01
01-09-2004, 11:21 AM
she isnt home maybe later

Stephen Riddington
01-09-2004, 11:23 AM
when she gets home, take her by surprise. I heard women loves spontaneity (sp?).

YoBrickWall
01-09-2004, 07:04 PM
yo briancurran- i think women lik to make you mad cause they are and dont know why.
keep hitting at the weights. journal looking better each time.

YBW

briancurran01
01-09-2004, 07:39 PM
YBW- THanks man. I try to increase the weights in everything every week as i go through this.

I just need to find a training partner so I can do higher weight bench

YoBrickWall
01-09-2004, 08:21 PM
yo brian- good training partners are hard to find. until then let nothing hold u back.

YBW

drew
01-09-2004, 09:15 PM
No fear Bri. Do what I do, just don't put clips on the bar when you bench. If you can't get it back up, just dump the weights.

briancurran01
01-10-2004, 09:08 AM
ybw- i will make do like i have been. I may try the russian bench press program. Or i might just do light sets of bench that i know i can handle on my own after pushing the heavy weight on chest press.

Drew-Thanks for all your help and input bro. I consider you a good friend :)

briancurran01
01-10-2004, 09:10 AM
well diet was bad yesterday could not keep fod down without getting ill. so i am not going to post it. I was able to eat something by 7pm. So i think the icky stuff is gone.

Today is my first ful;l cheat day since i started this stuff 5 weeks ago. It appears that I may be down some more in weight I will have to weigh myself again at the club tomorrow. I am taking today off from cardio. Been doing cardio 4 times a week for the last month or so and feel I deserve a break. So TODAY is that break.

But I will be back on track with the diet and the cardio tomorrow.

drew
01-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Hey man, a break is always good. Especially when you've been sick. Keep it up. (Always happy to help bro :) )

briancurran01
01-11-2004, 01:12 AM
after talking it over with my doctor today. He wants me to try lower weights with more sets and more repetitions.

I am going to work on hitting chest and arms as hard as possible. I am going ti try this till the next time i see in 4 weeks. I will still be working to failure and working hard. Just going to try another approach to this for a little bit and see what kind of results i get

Coke
01-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Everybody needs a break now and then bro...Hope you are having a nice weekend! - ;)

drew
01-11-2004, 08:02 AM
after talking it over with my doctor today. He wants me to try lower weights with more sets and more repetitions.
What was his reasoning behind this? :scratch:

briancurran01
01-11-2004, 08:39 AM
his reasoning was...that he wants my primary goal to be losing weight. and overall toning of my body first.

I am going to try it for a few weeks and see what results i get.

I am not really concerned with the weights that I put up. I can work just as hard doing more sets with higher reps.

briancurran01
01-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Well I am back on track today. Did 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. :thumbup:.

I am going to concentrate more on the cardio aspect then I have been before. And once I get rid of some of the fat the I will concentrate on building bigger muscle. One step at a time...

Stephen Riddington
01-11-2004, 05:32 PM
One step for man... One giant leap for mankind. :D

Coke
01-11-2004, 11:02 PM
You are sure to get the job done, remain optimistic and put the work in man - :)

briancurran01
01-12-2004, 06:40 AM
Steven-THe doc adjusted one of my meds down. Instead of taking 2 pills 2 times a day I take 1 pill twice a day.

I will wait and see what happens in the next few days, am going to start testing the blood sugar more often. THe doc was very happy with the change in diet and the loss in weight.

Cocoa-Thanks for all your support man. I appreciate it. You know I will keep working as hard as I can

briancurran01
01-12-2004, 09:30 AM
meals for yesterday

blood sugar this morning was 68 getting better

meal 1 breakfast burrito

meal 2
six inch turkey breast ham on wheat sub

meal 3 2 scoops 100% whey
orange

meal 4
2 oz peanuts

meal 5
large chicken breast
1 cup mixed veges

Stephen Riddington
01-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Damn, that ****in' sucks!!! I hope it isn't serious.

drew
01-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Just stay positive Dawg. Get your body right and keep the diet straight. Don't let things like this discourage you.

briancurran01
01-13-2004, 01:49 AM
so now he has stopped all my medication but 1 pill. Now i have the reverse blood sugar. TOO FRICING HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now I still have no energy, PLUS now i have the added benefit of the pounding ass headache that comes with high blood sugar. PLUS i cant exercise which is what was lowering my blood sugar in the first place.

THIS SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was taken from one extreme to the other and my body is reacting even worse to the high blood sugar. Because when my blood sugar is high i am irritable, and get pissed off at everything. Like i am right now, 1am, cant sleep pounding ass headache and pissed at the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

briancurran01
01-13-2004, 01:02 PM
Well, I wont be around for a while. I am going into the hospital to get all this **** straightened out with my potassium levels and my kidneys.

I also will be stopping the majority of my medications because they caused the damage to my kidneys. SO when I come back i will need to be entirely on a clean diet and focus on exercising as much as possible.

I will need all of your guys support to stay focused and stay on track.

See you guys soon.

ericg
01-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Good luck man. Hope everything goes well.

drew
01-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Good luck man, hope you can get back in it soon.

Coke
01-13-2004, 08:59 PM
You have the support bro, this will pass and you will be back on track soon!

briancurran01
01-16-2004, 05:15 PM
I am back.

ALl of the protein I was taking in combination with my medication caused problems with my kidneys.

My diet has to change. I cant take in all the protein I was. THe max I can have is between 90-100 grams my kidneys were overloaded. My potassium level was so high...I could have had a heart attack.

I am on insulin now. ALl of my other meds except 2 have been stopped.

more to come later.

briancurran01
01-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Steven-Thanks man. It scared the crap outta me but I am ok now. I just have to follow a very strict diet and exercise my a$$ off.

Cocoa-Thanks man. I know that you will help me however I need it.

Drew-Thanks bro.

Eric-Thanks man. I will probably be asking you a lot more questions now about diet :)

My diet is going to be around 2200 calories. With anywhere between 70-100 in protein, no more protein shakes, no creatine.I am very lucky that this wasnt more serious.

My doctor wants me to walk 3 miles a day. What i am going to start with is 1.5 miles a day on the treadmill 4 days a week and 3 days a week lifting. Walking starts tomorrow, lifting starts again on monday.

I am going to be doing higher reps and more sets with less weight for a while and see what develops. My ultimate goal here is to lose weight. I dont care as much about getting big and muscular like i did prior. My goal is 2-2.5 pounds a week.

I will not be posting my diet in here anymore. Just my workouts and other random junk like i am doing now.

Stephen Riddington
01-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Good to hear that, man. After getting the hang of your new routine, things will look much better down the line.

Your ability to stay on the positive side continues to amaze me, keep it up.

drew
01-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Keep at it. You will lose the weight, and you'll be in great shape. No quitting. We ain't even taking the Dawg out of the fight.

briancurran01
01-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Homer-Thanks man. I have to stay positive. ANd I have to stay motivated. THis is more important now that I lose the weight.

Drew-Thanks man- You know this DAWG aint going down without a fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

briancurran01
01-17-2004, 07:58 AM
I did my treadmill time this morning
30 minutes 1.25 miles burned 135 calories

blood sugar this morning was 112

I had 20 units of insulin last night.

Tomorrow is cardio again and then back to the split i had before

monday chest back and cardio
tuesday cardio
wednesday cardio and legs
thursday cardio
friday cardio and biceps triceps shoulders
saturday cardio
sunday cardio

Coke
01-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Looks like the brother is going to work it out...good plan but you may want to split the chest/back and shoulders/arms later on, at least that is what happened to me...Best of luck as always with it man! - :)

briancurran01
01-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Cocoa-THanks man. What do you mean by split it later on? Do you mean work them together on the same day?

Coke
01-17-2004, 09:50 AM
I really meant split them up and letting them have their own day since you are in the gym already.

briancurran01
01-17-2004, 09:56 AM
ok. i got ya.

drew
01-17-2004, 07:04 PM
hey bri, keep at it bro. looks like you won't be alone now. we need to start a wbb purple heart ward. lol

rookiebldr
01-17-2004, 09:17 PM
70-100g of protein, that sucks! However, do what you have to and we'll be here to help you as well as we can. :)

briancurran01
01-18-2004, 08:10 AM
did 30 minutes on the treadmill this am. 1.1 miles burned 129 calories.

blood sugar before bed was 90. blood sugar at 720 fasting was 93 this is very good

briancurran01
01-19-2004, 06:53 AM
blood sugar was 121 last night before bed
94 this morning which is very good :thumbup:

briancurran01
01-19-2004, 05:56 PM
well i brutalized myself tonight.

I made up for not walking this morning. Here is the workout i did

did 10 minutes on the treadmill then...

did ...

flat bench
90 pounds 2 sets 12
80 2 sets 12

incline bench
80 pounds 2 sets 12

bent over row
80 pounds 3 sets of 12

dumbbell incline bench
25 pounds 3 sets of 12

rest was 1 minute between each set...then without stopping to rest...

did another 20 minutes on the treadmill

so all together about a 50 minute workout

I have increased the speed on the treadmill to 2.4 now. Last week i was at 2.0. I am going to increase it every few days. I know 2.4 isnt very fast but with my knees i gotta take it slow and build up.

I feel great though.

Shooting for 1 hour on the treadmill tomorrow 30 min in the morning and 30 in the afternoon if i can get my butt outta bed at 430am

Stephen Riddington
01-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Nice workout! Bent-over row is kinda impressive in relation to your bench presses. I guess you have a strong back, eh.

briancurran01
01-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Homer-Thanks. Yeah my back must be pretty strong I guess. I am trying to go for more reps and more sets. I want to increase the bench but first i want to get rid of the gut. Then i will go very strength and power

Stephen Riddington
01-20-2004, 12:13 AM
Cardio will take care of that for you, man. Maybe incorporate some form of crunches which focus on the abs.

Coke
01-20-2004, 05:34 AM
I promise some obvious changes come summertime dude, especially from those that don't normally see you - :)

briancurran01
01-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Homer-I do crunches on a fitball 2 times a week.

COcoa I hope to see some good changes by may at the latest. I can already notice some changes so I am sure all will be good.

Blood sugar this morning was 81. :thumbup:

drew
01-20-2004, 07:49 AM
great work man. keep it up. I'll stay cheering from the sidelines. lol

briancurran01
01-20-2004, 05:46 PM
DId 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Talked to the doc also, i can take in more protein it just all has to be from food, cant drink shakes or anything like that so that is good news. I will probably bump up the protein intake gradually.

briancurran01
01-21-2004, 06:38 AM
blood sugar last nigh was 73 before bed
blood sugar was 81 this morning :thumbup:

briancurran01
01-21-2004, 06:46 AM
I am going to start posting my diet in here again easier to keep me honest

meal 1
1 cup oatmeal with splenda
1 cup cottage cheese

meal 2
1 cup yogurt
some triscuits
1oz peanuts

meal 3
1 cup homemade chili with brown rice and lean turkey
1 medium chicken breast

meal 4
salad with a little reduced fat thousand island dressing and cheese

meal 5
same as meal 3

meal 6
(snack before bed as blood sugar low)
6 triscuits with some low fat cheese

briancurran01
01-21-2004, 12:07 PM
I am changing things up for today.

I am going to do a light leg day and then do triceps/biceps/shoulders I have been dying for a real workout.

I will also try to get the cardio in tonight either by walking or on the bike at the gym

drew
01-21-2004, 01:27 PM
yes, kick some ass.

hey one plus, my neck will probably grow from supporting my arm all day. lol

briancurran01
01-21-2004, 01:45 PM
yay. lil neck no more LOL.

JK,

briancurran01
01-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Brutalized myself again.

close grip bench
95 pounds 2x10

tricep press
1x10 90 pounds
3x10 110 pounds

hammer curls
3x10 20 pounds

ez curl
3x10 45 pounds

preacher curls
3x10 35 pounds

shoulder press
2x10 70 pounds
1x10 50 pounds

lateral raises
2x8 20 pounds

took 2 minutes rest between exercises 1 minute rest between sets

then without resting...

did ...

30 minutes on the bike 10 miles

Damn my doms in my legs are never going to away at this rate

Coke
01-21-2004, 06:16 PM
...damn mang, watch it now - :D

Nice stuff, good deal on changing things around including the diet bro...

briancurran01
01-21-2004, 07:40 PM
COcoa- Thanks man. You are always so supportive I appreciate it. You and drew and homer give me so much support I really appreciate you guys.

meals for today

meal 1
1 cup oatmeal with spenda
2 slices ww bread 1 teaspoon reduced fat pb

meal 2
fruit oatmeal bar
cashews

meal 3
1 cup homemade chili with lean turkey and brown rice
medium chicken breast

meal 4
some triscuits
small package of honey roasted peanuts

meal 5
3 ounce chicken
1 cup brown rice
1 cup peas
some crackers and cheese

briancurran01
01-22-2004, 06:49 AM
blood sugar this morning was 97 :thumbup:

also I am averaging 1.5 gallons of water a day. Much better then it was before

drew
01-22-2004, 06:57 AM
awesome dude. stick with it

briancurran01
01-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Drew-Thanks man.

briancurran01
01-22-2004, 05:48 PM
did 30 minutes on the treadmill today

meals for today
2 slices ww bread with 1 teaspoon reduced fat pb
1 cup oatmeal

meal 2
dannon lite yogurt
2 oz peanuts

meal 3
3 oz chicken
1 can tuna mixed with 1 teaspoon reduced fat mayo

meal 4
1 can tuna mixed with one teaspoon reduced fat mayo
1 cup oatmeal

meal 5 cobb salad

i may have to check into getting the insulin dose adjusted blood sugar 2 hours after lunch today was 57 and 2 hours after eating again was 73.

briancurran01
01-23-2004, 06:41 AM
blood sugar this morning was 120. that is allright not the best

briancurran01
01-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Going to try and go for the double duty again tonight.

AM going to wrok chest again this week since monday was pretty light and also work the back again since didnt do much on monday. ANd then will try and and hit the 30 on the bike again.

All depends if the doms in the arms recede a little before then :)

briancurran01
01-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Brutalization of BIG DAWG CONTINUES

flat bench supper set with db flyes

bench
95 pounds 2x8
115 pounds 2x8
135 pounds2reps

flyes 20 pounds 3x8 (will go up in weight next time)

incline bench 65 pounds 2x8

pec deck(all 3 sets done one after another with no rest
60 pounds 2x8
1x6 40 pounds

seated row
110 1x8
130 1x6
130 1x4

wide grip pulldowns
100 pounds 1x6
110 pounds 1x5
110 pounds 1x4

Then...without resting

did 45 minutes on the bike
16 miles..did 30 minutes on level 3 and 15 minutes on level 4

I have decided screw the low weight more set crap...I want to get stronger got to push the bigger weights.

briancurran01
01-23-2004, 08:42 PM
meals for today

meal 1
1 cup oatmeal
2 slices ww bread with 1 teaspoon reduced fat pb

meal 2
1 orange
1 roast beef sandwich with lettuce tomato

meal 3
4 oz beef jerky
1 oz peanuts

meal 4
3 oz steak
1 cup corn

meal 5
triscuits and cheese

Coke
01-23-2004, 09:54 PM
The low rep with more weight is the way to go bro, glad to see you with it - Nice effort!

briancurran01
01-24-2004, 07:59 AM
COcoa-THanks man.

Did 45 minutes on the bike this am. 15 minutes on level 4 and 30 minutes on level 3 :thumbup:

drew
01-24-2004, 09:41 AM
you're gonna see some big strength gains on your chest. keep it up man.

briancurran01
01-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Drew-Thanks man. Thats what i am hoping for.

On anothet note At least to my wife and myself I can tell some changes in my chest and my shoulders and arms looks more muscular.

I am shooting for a picture update at the end of february and then another one at the end of march.

I am going to incorporate legs into my next workout monday. I will not be doing to much on squats to protect my knees.

I am going to concentrate on leg extensions, leg curls, sldl and leg press for the near future. and may also try some calf press I saw 2 machines at the club the other day that I am going to try.

Saw the doc this morning I am upping my calories back close to what they were at before around 2600 with all the exercise I am doing I need more calories. At 2200 i am fricking starving all the damn time. :)

briancurran01
01-24-2004, 11:14 AM
just a note if anyone checks my fitday i messed up and put some stuff on the wrong days. todays will be updated correctly and it should be that way every day after

PizDoff
01-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Didn't read all of your journal....

Have you included more warm up into your leg rountine?
Try a whole bunch of BW squats (Search up "Hindu Squats" )
for warm up. I have knee problems as well and these help.

I do them as warm up and in between sets of weights and warm down as well.
Best of luck training.

briancurran01
01-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Pizdoff-Thank i will try that. My knees are very very very bad. I need a knee replacement on both knees already and I am only 34. The doctor says that if i was 50 he would do the knee replacements right now. i can do squats but cant go past parallel . I am just trying to build up the quads enough to eleviate strain on the knees

Stephen Riddington
01-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Nice to hear about your back (looking muscular). I bet that is a big confidence booster.

Cool avatar, where did that come from???

briancurran01
01-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Thanks Homer. I got it at http://www.animations.com/en/index.mc

briancurran01
01-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Did 45 minutes on the bike burned 228 calories level 5

for the last 5 minutes i did hiit. I went full boar for a minute then slow for a minute and did 5 intervals of this.

briancurran01
01-25-2004, 11:24 AM
just for a point of reference on the changes i have made. On my home scale when i stazrted it said 262 at 38% body fat. Now it says 254 at 33%. I know that the scale is offf by at least 5 pounds which would adjust the bf% i am sure.

The scale at the club is broke, and I am still trying to get in touch with the personal trainers at my club to setup something to get the body fat tested.

I dont think these numbers are very accurate but I will use it as my point of reference till I have something better.

So with these numbers since the body fat test that showed 38% was in the middle of december i have lost 7 pounds and 5% body fat not too shabby. at least it shows i am moving in the right direction

briancurran01
01-25-2004, 11:38 AM
The diet took a hit yesterday I had one cheat meal tuttut

meals for yesterday
meal 1
2 slices ww bread 1 teaspoon reduced fat pb
1 breakfast burrito

meal 2
7 triscuits with low fat cheese

meal3
cesear salad
1 club sandwich with vegetables