PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

Downs
12-04-2003, 07:50 AM
Okay, I am 22 years old 5'10 and about 145. I have searched around the net and found many different diets to try. Currently I am using GNC Weight Gainer Gold 2200 (That's what the guy at GNC said to use, go figure). In addition to that, I am consuming around 3000 calories per day. For a total of 5000. Am I on the right track, I have only been doing this for a week and I just want to know if I am doing this right. Are there certain foods to concentrate on and others to stay away from? My target weight is around 180-190. Any suggestions as to diets or eating, or supplements would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Paul Stagg
12-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Read the articles here, and read some posts to get an idea of what you need to know.

buffzilla
12-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Think protein Downs, because its the key to unlocking your potential. I've seen so many people, eat big, pump hard, and make very little progress. :idea: Then they end up trying protein shakes. 30g of protein per shake 3 to 4 times a day, plus regular meals (200g easy). Your body will be thinking what the hell do I do with all this protein, but it'll realise soon enough, if you remind it by pumping hard in the gym, that it's time to get massive.

So many of my gym buddies have really gotten packed with beef - by doing the shakes. :strong: