PDA

View Full Version : Slick 25's new journal

Slick 25
12-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Hey guys. I'm 5'9" 143 lbs...fairly skinny. I'm lookin to pack on abuot 20-25 lbs next season. I'm a cornerback so i need some muscle on me. I'm currently using Dimaxx Muscle Creatine Plus and I'm probly gonna buy some Pro-Complex. My routine probably isnt the best. I'll let u know what I do and by the way I have the Weider Crossbow. I'm getting a membership to a gym this X-mas. So that should be great. Heres my schedule.

1st Day: Biceps
Standing ez-bar curl 5x8
Standing Hammer Curl 5x8
Standing Alternate Curl 5x8
Concentration Curls 4x10

2nd Day: Chest and Triceps
Chest Press 5 or 6x8
Pushups 4x10
Flyes (on crossbow) 2x10
Dumbell Flyes 2x10
Skull Crushers 5x8

3rd Day: Shoulders/Back
Military Press 5x8
Front Deltoid Raise 4x10
Side Deltoid Raise 4x10
Shrugs 5x8
Bent over Row 5x8

Thats it for now. Once I get a membership at a gym im gonna start workin my legs. But right now I'm worried about bulking up my upper body. Questions or comments feel free. Thanks guys.

pruneman
12-04-2003, 06:11 PM
good looking routine bro
welcome to the board!

IMO legs should be a major focus of your training. They are a big muscle and gaining strength in the legs will translate to overall gains in size. but i would not worry about working them more than once a week. Anyhow...looking forward to seeing some good sessions!

Slick 25
12-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Any suggestions on ways I can make my routine better right now? Or is it fine the way it is?

pruneman
12-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Alot of people have had success using WBB routine1. may want to give this a shot. For gaining mass, i would focus on compound movements: squat, bench press, deadlifts. here's the routine i am using right now and it is working very well for me:

day1 legs
day2 chest/abs/forearms
day3 back/bis
day4 rest/cardio
day5 shoulders/traps/abs
day6 back/bis
day7 rest/cardio

Slick 25
12-04-2003, 08:09 PM
Yea that routine sounds good. How well is it working for you? How much weight did u gain and in what amount of time? Like I've said, I'm a small guy and im lookin for the best way I can put on mass. Thanks.

pruneman
12-04-2003, 08:45 PM
in about the past 6-8months i've gaind a solid 30lb, but i am pretty new to the BBing so alot of that is newbie gains. If you look around the board you can find alot of good routines that people are using. The key to gaining the weight though is eating and eating alot.

Darracq
12-04-2003, 09:15 PM
I think your doing way to many sets. Put bi`s on back day and do 2 sets of curls and be done, get rid of the front shoulder raise. get rid of the flys on the x bow. You might be different but i make good gains from just 1 set to failure on most stuff.2 sets of each should be plenty if you are going close or to failure.

Slick 25
12-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Thanks Darracq...i took some of your advice and lowered my sets and upped the weight. It gave me the same pump on my body and it felt great. It also shortened the time on my daily routine. Thanks.

Darracq
12-05-2003, 04:57 PM
cool, you should see some good gains

Slick 25
12-05-2003, 05:22 PM
I got another question. Sorry guys. But here goes. I have a really really fast metabolism, so i eat what i want when i want. I eat alot of junk but i try to have a couple pieces of fruit and veggies everyday. I also try to drink about a gallon of water everyday. Is this still ok with the junk food...candy, pop, chips etc.