PDA

View Full Version : HSWrestling Journal: 152

jiacstrap
12-06-2003, 11:51 PM
Im 17, my natural weight before the season was 165-68, im down to 162-164 now, but my bf% is already super low. Im not exactly sure but I know it is under 7%. I have a dehydration test (doesn't count) and weight certification monday. I cheated all day today and have been cheating/binging too much. I need to stop this now and get down to my weight now so I can get some strength at 152.

Last year I was 25-4, got 2nd in disctricts, lost to the returning state champ first round in regions and then in the wrestlebacks I lost to the kid who upset the returning state champ in the states and won that states that year lol And they were all seniors, so this is my year. I just can't let weight get in my way.

Lifting: I am going to try to follow a push/pull/legs split. Lifting legs on the weekend and push/pull during the week. I will be lifting smaller muscle groups more of a higher volume bodybuilding style, while bigger muscle groups with more compound lifts geared toward strenght/explosiveness.

Diet for now:

Breakfast: 1/2cup of oatmeal, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, 8 oz skim, 2 tbsp of cinnamon, multi, 10g of glutamine, 2g vit C

Snack: protein bar 500

Lunch(before wrestling): Chicken breast/tuna, small peice of sweet potato, egg, lettuce, safflower oil 375

Dinner(after wrestling practice, pre cardio/lifting): Chicken breast/tuna, 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 8 oz skim milk, 2 fried eggs, half can of mushrooms, slice of cheese, garlic, 1g vit C 600

PWO: 1 scoop of gatorade, 1 scoop of whey, 5 g of glutamine, 1g Vit C 270

Before bed: Egg, 1 tbsp nat pb 180

It about 1900 calories estimated

Tommorow it starts, for now im going to be trying to get as much water as I possibly can in me. Im not worried about water weight right now.

jiacstrap
12-07-2003, 06:04 PM
December 7th, 2003

Was gonna run or lift this morning, woke up so early but sick as hell. Stuck to my diet perfect until I went to work. I had a charity thing with my gf for kids with down syndrome, but I still got my meals in and had fun. But when I went to work I felt like I was going to die, joints were killing, throat was burning when I coughed and I felt feverish. So on break I went to subway and ate, I felt better so I decided to cheat and got a bag of trail mix and ate that too :( I just got back from my gmoms dinner where I had some sweet potatos and turkey, so it wasn't that bad calories wise. Im gonna try running now, im forgetting about lifting until I am back 100%. I gotta stop f*cking cheating, im pussying out.

Just got done running, ran with my friend, ran so slow and was wheezing and sh*t the whole way. I was talking to him and he thinks I have strep throat, im going to the doctors tommorow and going to school late. But im still geting certified and taking my dehydratoin test tommorow. Im having no carbs in my breakfast tommorow morning, im going to see how that goes. I weighed 165 on his crappy scale befoer I went running :bang:

Meat_Head
12-07-2003, 09:18 PM
December 7th, 2003

Was gonna run or lift this morning, woke up so early but sick as hell. Stuck to my diet perfect until I went to work. I had a charity thing with my gf for kids with down syndrome, but I still got my meals in and had fun. But when I went to work I felt like I was going to die, joints were killing, throat was burning when I coughed and I felt feverish. So on break I went to subway and ate, I felt better so I decided to cheat and got a bag of trail mix and ate that too :( I just got back from my gmoms dinner where I had some sweet potatos and turkey, so it wasn't that bad calories wise. Im gonna try running now, im forgetting about lifting until I am back 100%. I gotta stop f*cking cheating, im pussying out.

Just got done running, ran with my friend, ran so slow and was wheezing and sh*t the whole way. I was talking to him and he thinks I have strep throat, im going to the doctors tommorow and going to school late. But im still geting certified and taking my dehydratoin test tommorow. Im having no carbs in my breakfast tommorow morning, im going to see how that goes. I weighed 165 on his crappy scale befoer I went running :bang:

Man how do you stick to such a strict diet, I'm dying trying to get under 2500-3000 cals

jiacstrap
12-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Man how do you stick to such a strict diet, I'm dying trying to get under 2500-3000 cals

My bf% is so low already, I have to do this if I want to make the weight. I love food soo much :(

jiacstrap
12-08-2003, 10:10 AM
Monday, December 8th, 2003

This morning I had no carbs in my breakfast, I had 2 fried eggs, can of muschrooms, cheese, and a peice of ham with some garlic and my vitamins. 330 cals about. Im debating whether I should drop carbs in my breakfast meal or not. I think im going to just have carbs pre and post workout.

I missed school and went to the doctors today, I have bronchitis. Im going into wrestling practice though just to get certified for my weight and take a dehydration test. So I can't eat until after the test and my wrestling coach has food for us he said. I can't practice today though.

Updated diet plan:

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs(200,16,1,13), can of mushrooms(40,0,6,4), 1/3cup sprinkled cheese(110, 9,1,7), slice of ham(30,1,1,5), multi, 1g vit C- 380cals, 26f, 9c, 29p

Snack: Carb Solutions bar- 250cals, 12f, 3c, 23p

Lunch(prewrestlingpractice): Chicken breast(160,4,1,30), apple(125,1,32,0), egg(80,5,0,6), lettuce(15,0,4,1), tbsp safflower oil(120,14,0,0)- 500cals, 24f, 37c, 37p

Dinner(postwrestling): can of tuna(175,2,0,36), 1/2cup oatmeal(150,3,27,5), 8oz skim(80,0,12,8), tbsp cinnamon(15,0,4,0), 1/2 scoop protein(55,0,2,12), 5g glutamine- 475cals, 5f, 45c, 61p

PWO: 1 scoop gatorade(150,0,42,0), 1 scoop whey(110,1,3,23), 5g glutamine, 1g vit C- 260, 1f, 45c, 23p

Before Bed: 1/2 scoop whey(55,0,2,12), 2 tbsp nat pb(190,16,7,8), hb egg(80,5,0,6)- 325cals, 21f, 9c, 26p

TOTAL: 2190cals, 89f, 148c, 199p

fat: 36.5%
carb: 27%
protein: 36%

jiacstrap
12-11-2003, 07:14 PM
December 11th, Thursday, week and 1 day out

Was pondering over going 160 this season all day today, weighed in at 161.9 though and out at 159.3, im going to try to get to 152 for this tourney and see how it goes. Im going to have to cut water weight, but im going to try to keep it within 24 hours of the weigh in.

I decided to throw away the whole diet plan for now, I found that when I count calories on a cut I stress it way to much. Which causes me to say F*** it and binge. Which isn't good. I have been dieting a lot better when I try not to think about it. Im so skinny, im scared to get my bodyfat checked, it can't be above 7%, I never been this skinny in my life. My abs look great, but it really showed me how important working abs is, now that no fat is there they look great, but they don' have the muscular look to them. I really need to train them, I never have really stuck to any ab program.

I lifted legs tonight at the gym and did some cardio.

Squats- 3 sets, light/high reps 135-155 with weight
Leg Press- 200x8-10 for 3 sets
Leg Ext.- 70x8-10 for 3 sets
Leg Curls- 70x8 for 2 sets, 90x8 for a set

140 floors climbed(12min) on the climber, burned 192 calories I think it said.

Im starting to get my wind and endurance back like it was before the bronchitis, but I don't know if im ever going to be able to break 5 min in the mile again this season. But if I want to win states I guess I may have to.

03-04 NJ 152lb STATE CHAMP