PDA

View Full Version : what to eat after a match?

the one
12-07-2003, 11:40 PM
im a college wrestler, and we go to tournaments all the time, after my matches i usually have a gatorade and a banana, but i still feel drained before my next match. what else could i eat to have more energy. i usually have about 1-3 hours between matches
thanks

Jasonl
12-07-2003, 11:46 PM
possibly some whey and high GI carbs.

Saint Patrick
12-08-2003, 12:55 AM
yeah and get some water to stay hydrated too.

notsoperfect
12-08-2003, 07:16 PM
St. Patrick what college do u wrestle for?

powerhalf
12-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Personally, I would have a microcosm of a small meal + your gatorade. Peanut butter sandwich (natural of course). Turkey sandwich. Something that'll settle easily. When I ate between my matches I'd have something like a few slices of turkey on a bagel and some red or white powerade (orange gatorade when I could get it, though!).

Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite kind of gatorade? I remember during 2-a-days for football, one of the player's dads would make him a cooler full of what we called "bug juice". I think it was equal parts orange juice, sprite, and red gatorade. Ahhh.....

universal
12-17-2003, 09:42 AM
def no whey b/w matches, stick to carbs, my team used to bring dozens of bagles. personally i likeed nutrigrain bars, pb sandwhichs, gatorade(right after match)

what do other wrestlers on the team eat?

Anthony
12-17-2003, 10:44 AM
I'd say any type of dense bread and bananas are good. And enough water to keep you hydrated.

the doc
12-17-2003, 11:10 AM
I'd say any type of dense bread and bananas are good. And enough water to keep you hydrated.

:withstupi

the one
12-18-2003, 04:19 PM
nice thanks guys. im a fan of the citrus gatorade but can never find it :scratch: so i mostly just go with fruit punch. turkey sandwich sounds like a good idea, along with pb bagels. my coaches bring drinks that those old ladies drink, like ensure and **** like that and balance bars and i dont drink that crap cuz i dont want nothing milky or creamy ya know.
thanks
the one

Hambone
12-21-2003, 03:31 PM
I was wondering the same thing the one