PDA

View Full Version : Eating schedule

kingpin
09-16-2001, 04:08 PM
I attend high school and i'm curious to know how I should time my meals. this is how I'm doing it.....Any suggestions, tips or comments would be appreciated.

9:00- Cereal with milk, peanut butter an toast, glass of juice
12:00- half of a 12" subway club, milk
3:40- the other half
4:30- workout
6:00- protein plus bar, right after workout
7:00- medium sized meal, usually I'll aim for 20%protein %20fat the rest carbs
10:30 protein shake

I'm wondering if I shouldn't eat the second half so close to when I'm working out and then just eat a bigger lunch or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

nejar462
09-16-2001, 06:08 PM
I go to high school and heres what i eat,
1)bowl of total,(that stuff is good for you) with milk, and a small steak, with oj,

2)Two homemade chicked sandwiches with olive oil, probably 12 oz of chicken on wheat, two pints of milk.

3)a can of tuna with olive oil, and wheat

4)12 oz of chicken, with a big bowl of rice, and some steamed veggies.

5) lots of milk, seriously, its like 20 oz or more,

I eat plenty of fruit and vitamin pills through the day, trust me, you don't need to use all that protein bar/shake sh*t

Jane
09-17-2001, 02:27 PM
lol...nejar doesnt have calcium problems :)

when is your workout stuck in there?

nejar462
09-17-2001, 03:59 PM
After the tuna

nejar462
09-17-2001, 05:00 PM
Dude, eat plenty, eat often, and you shall grow plenty, and grow often, also, water and vitamin pills helps a lot. Throw in olive oil for some EFA support. The percentage's I use are 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat. For every meal. Some people swear buy that natty peanut butter stuff, I don't, I say steak or eggs for breakfast. However, I'm down with the juice. Half a subway club, if you're cutting no, if you're not, those sandwiches have a good amount of meat where i getem, but if those b*stards are stingy where you live, try to see if you can pay the few dollars more for the double meat sandwich. And, I aint down with the artificial stuff either, I mean, once a day is cool, but real food has so much other goodies in it, so try ending the day with a nice meal.

kingpin
09-17-2001, 05:32 PM
should I be gaining with this diet?

nejar462
09-17-2001, 05:35 PM
umm, with your current diet, it really depends on a lot of things, but from what I know, the modifications i suggested should help you a lot. You are what you eat brother.

Mr BC
09-18-2001, 01:37 PM
Try to eat every 2.5 -3 hours.Get enough protein,carbs and good fats and u will be on your way.If you are in school eating can be kinda hard but if you can afford it buy a bucket of whey protein and make some protein shakes with milk,easy so consume as well as carry around.