PDA

View Full Version : My results: APF Southern States

Chris Rodgers
12-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Weight- 158.1

Squat:
1st- 529....2 reds. I destroyed it and I got called for depth by one side judge and the friggin front judge!! Who can judge depth on a wide squatter from the front??? You should have seen the look on eric's face, lol. I thought he was going to kill somebody.
2nd- 551...Good(76 lb meet PR). Eric made me take this soo deep that my back was practically parallel to the ground because I couldn't keep my arch anymore...fought it up, but it was ugly.
3rd- 589... miss. We tightened everything up. I went out and headbutted the bar(gave me a nice lump). I tried to crack the weight, but was set up too far in front of the bar. I tried to reposition my feet but when I took it out I was off balance. I went down like 2" and started to lose it so I had them take it. Oh well.

Bench:
1st- 281...joke(36 lb full meet PR/31 lb meet PR)
2nd- 303...cake(58 lb full meet PR/ 53 lb meet PR)
3rd- 330... suprisingly easy. Very fast(85 lb full meet PR/80 lb meet PR). Pete pulled and adjusted the shirt on the last one. I kept my arch way the fuk up and this one was easy. 350+ easy in my next meet.

Deads:
1st- 435...smoked
2nd- 485...little slow but pulled through it strong.(35 lb full meet PR/5 lb meet PR)
3rd- 523... only got it to just below the knees. I was soo shot when we got to deads, but after I had the PR, eric just said throw the canvas on and called for 523 to go for 1400 total. Not quite there yet, lol.

Total- 1366(196 lb meet PR from just 13 weeks ago). This meet was by far my best meet ever. It was an amazing thing to see the whole team just kick ass. I don't think we had one lifter that didn't hit at least 1 PR, but I actually think all 11 of us hit multiple PR's!

I just want to take this time to thank all of Team Taylor for their support and just putting their hearts into this weekend. Everyone should be proud of what we accomplished and this should catapult those who are going to the Seniors into another great training cycle.

Also, just a few other quick notes. Congrats Petey C on getting a damn total. It's about time. Now you have some numbers to try and break.

Vinny C- what can I say man, you whooped my ass, lol. Can't really beat 9 for 9. But technically speaking my increase from 1170 to 1366 is higher than your increase from 1320 to 1505. Not that anybody's counting, lol. Welcome to the 165's biatch. I'll be in the open class from now on and we will battle it out soon enough.

And Mr. Adolf. Thank you again my friend. We are all going to say it over and over and over. This team would be a mess without you. Your name is called out during a given training day or during warmups a ridiculous amount of times and you can always answer our questions with the right answer and lend your hand or eye in any way possible. Thanks for showing us the support that you do and I can't wait to help you out when you come out of retirement.

WillKuenzel
12-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Damn nice job to you and your team, Latty!

Adam
12-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Nice job latty, Your bench shot up a ton from when I last read about it.

Scooby-Doo
12-08-2003, 10:37 PM
Awesome job Latty! You'll have that 1400 total in no time! :)

MixmasterNash
12-09-2003, 12:47 AM
Your total is 2x mine at the same weight. Badass!

benchmonster
12-09-2003, 08:21 AM
That contest was in Florida right? Great job, if you live in Florida you are around some of the best powerlifters anywhere. If you live close to Lakeland Fla. let me know, I might be able to hook you up with some guys I know from down there. Lots of 800+ squatters there. And I can tell you from experience, you get much stronger by training with people stronger than you. My partner is a 900+ squatter, and being able to hang with him for a squat workout has made me stronger in the squat than I ever thought I would be able to get. Plus, me catching up to him makes him work harder, cause he doesn't want me to catch him. Works for both of us.

Latty, you are the man. I am very impressed with your progress. You are an inspiration to us all. Anyone who is not blown away with you is an idiot. Anyone offended by that previous statement is also an idiot, and we need to get together to talk so I can teach you "the way". Tee hee.

Keep it up Latman, before you know it you will be in the pages of PLUSA, Hell, maybe on the cover someday.

B.

Paul Stagg
12-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Awesome work, Latty!!!

I better get cracking. Can't have you little 165ers kicking my ass THAT bad.

drew
12-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Excellent work man!

rpffly
12-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Nice job Lat. You busted your ass and you earned it. Keep goin'.

chris mason
12-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Good job Chris!

chris mason
12-09-2003, 01:39 PM
By the way, I just got off the phone with Jon Grove and he mentioned he was down there as well. He said he was a guest lifter. I mentioned you, but your last name escaped me. What is your last name?

Chris Rodgers
12-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Thank you very much everyone. I had a great time.

BM- very kind words man. I actually live in NY on Long Island. I went down with a team of 11 lifters and we all did great. If you have ever heard of Chris Taylor I train with him. He totaled 2105@275 including a 639 bench. I also lift with Scot Mendelson's sister and just a great bunch of guys/gals. I believe 6 of the people who competed on our team this weekend totaled elite. These are the people who have pushed me up to where I am now and who will continue to into the future.

Chris: My last name is Rodgers. I saw big John. He's an animal. On his first or second bench attempt blood just started pouring out of his nose and he just shoved a tissue or napkin in there and kept lifting. If he remembers tell him I was there with Team Taylor and when he was warming up his squats I was the little guy sitting next to him talking to his training partner. His training partner is an amazing lifter as well and has squatted 838@181 I believe in a WPO meet. He was being extra kind and telling me I had all kinds of potential in the squat. He actually told me he was going to set me up with a routine, but I never got to ask him abnout it later. If you can get John to give me his email or anything I would appreciate it. I didn't catch his name though.

Anthony
12-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Damn Chris, you definitely blew your PRs out of the water! Did anyone have a camera taping the lifts?

Saturday Fever
12-09-2003, 04:56 PM
"How do I...?"
"What does it take to do...?"

See LATMAN's last 12 months.

That's my standard reply now when someone asks questions about progressing.

PowerManDL
12-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Agreed.

I read the results for the other guys over on FI. Amazing work all the way around, Chris.

Isaac Wilkins
12-09-2003, 06:21 PM
VERY impressive, man. I saw the stuff on FI, too.

You have no idea how upsetting it is that I outweigh you by 80 pounds or so and you still beat the hell out of my squat.

:thumbup:

Saturday Fever
12-09-2003, 06:29 PM
Train like he does. :)

Isaac Wilkins
12-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Train like he does. :)

Touche.

:D

Saturday Fever
12-09-2003, 06:41 PM
I trained like he does for a long time. Science doesn't lie. It worked very well.

Isaac Wilkins
12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Oh, I'm certainly not arguing. I found very good results from a similar West Side split that I just completed. Of course, some sort of nasty virus that I refuse to get mono tested for has crushed a lot of those out of me lately.

I didn't train bench like that (modified Metal Militia style), but I might look into it in the future.

Saint Patrick
12-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Congrats on the meet man.

Maki Riddington
12-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Amazing job Chris!

the doc
12-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Awesome Chris!!!!!!!!!!!

ItalianGalleon
12-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Hey Latman
I read your recommendations to someone about bench press form a few weeks back, and I was wondering if you had a video of it. Your squat video was informative, too.

KingJustin
12-11-2003, 06:54 PM
You are amazing latman.

Chris Rodgers
12-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks again everyone.

IG- Actually, if I can get some video up of the meet my bench form was on point. I'll see if my buddy can get video up in the next week or so. I still have to give him my video.

FortifiedIron
12-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Awsome job Chris!

kc

body
12-14-2003, 03:40 AM
latman - whats the world record under your competition fedaration for your weight?

Bigmofo
12-14-2003, 01:39 PM
latman - whats the world record under your competition fedaration for your weight?

I was wondering the same thing..I bet your lifts are decently close..Damn man, congratulations.... awesome job!!!

Chris Rodgers
12-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Well, the AAPF(amateur, drug tested) record for the Open class @165 is currently 573 lbs both National and World. I will be in the open class as of Christmas day when I turn 24 and I may be doing the AAPF Nationals in March where National and World records can be broken. So I guess I'll see who shows up to that meet and we can play ball. I would like to break 600 going into that meet so it will be no biggie at the meet.

Sug
12-14-2003, 09:54 PM
Amazing Latman, very impressive lifts, btw how tall are you? I weigh 155 and I cant even squat 275.