PDA

View Full Version : A Diamond in the Ruff

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Severed Ties
12-10-2003, 01:17 AM
Towards the end of last year I took a few months off from the gym as work and school overtook all my time. After a week in Vegas back in January of this year and way too much all you can eat buffet I found myself near the 190 mark.

The funny thing about being out of shape is you don't realize how horribly out of shape you are until you try to get back in shape. The even funnier thing s looking back on the pictures from being out of shape you realize you looked even worse than you had thought you looked when you started trying to get back in shape.

For the last 8 weeks I've had in the back of my mind that I would be doing my first show in march of 04. However the rational part of me feared my body would simply be far too burnt out from dieting the better part of this year already.

Stats as of

11/24/03

scale weight 166lbs
Bodyfat 15.5%

training schedule

Cardio- 1 hour, 6 days/week, 20-30 minute second sessions 2-3 days/week
Lifting- 4-5 days per week.

Supplements

ECA stack 2x day
Multi-vit
2-4 fish oil caps
BCAA's before cardio

Thoughts-

This was my first time getting clipped this year....15.5% was a wake up call. Looking back at when I started dieting in February I thought I was like 18 maybe 20% bodyfat at most....I was probably like 25% god only knows as I may have been higher....

11/26/03-11/27/03

Took a break from dieting for the holiday, thanksgiving eve had my last beer for what could be quite a while and ate some chocolate chip pancakes at a dinner at 4am. Thanksgiving day eat my face off like it was the night before my execution.

11/30/03

Diet was better, cardio and training was back on track but took my last chance to indulge in some pizza before diet was modified for pre-contest.

12/1/03

Diet adjustments were planned andd metabolism needs to be reset. This week would ultimately determine if my body was capable of reaching the sub 3% bodyfat needed for the day of the show.

12/2/03

Start of new diet.

Cardio- NONE, banned from all forms for 7 days.
Lifting- 3 days this week.
ECA- Dropped completely

Started taking Meta Cell, snazzy new creatine product.

Observations for the week- Dropping ECA after 12 weeks of use SUCKS, workouts were horrible, zero motivation to train and difficult to get pumped. Extremely fatigued despite extra sleep. Strength was down as an affect of fatigue.

12/9/03 judgement day

scale weight 162
Bodyfat 13.6%

This solidifies it, 16 weeks out...the countdown has begun. I was extremely nervous that I would be too burnt out to dial in for the show, but after all the adjustments and seeing the larger than expected drop in bodyfat my body is telling me to GO.

The goal is sub 3% for march 27th and the goal is in my sight, the race has just started but I can already see the end.

priorities-

Injury prevention- shoulders have been acting up recently but I've been slacking on my stretching. This needs to improve.

Water intake is alright but could be better.

No training today.

Thats it for now.

ST

Deibiddo
12-10-2003, 02:02 AM
We"ll be watching and you know your goal!

carolinagirl
12-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Severed Ties
This solidifies it, 16 weeks out...the countdown has begun. I was extremely nervous that I would be too burnt out to dial in for the show, but after all the adjustments and seeing the larger than expected drop in bodyfat my body is telling me to GO.

Good for you! (And that means there's hope for me, too!)

Now - just put August on your calendar too, and everything will be perfect. :D

PowerManDL
12-10-2003, 12:03 PM
'bout time you started up a journal :)

Good luck with it, boss. And yeah, even though I won't be in the show in August, it'd be great to see you with the rest of the crew.

Dedicated
12-10-2003, 12:09 PM
The funny thing about being out of shape is you don't realize how horribly out of shape you are until you try to get back in shape. The even funnier thing s looking back on the pictures from being out of shape you realize you looked even worse than you had thought you looked when you started trying to get back in shape.

That couldn't me more true. Nice to see a new journal:)

Beast
12-10-2003, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=PowerManDL]'bout time you started up a journal :)
QUOTE]
Word. :)

Good luck with the training, ST. You'll kick ass.

Pup
12-10-2003, 01:37 PM
Good to see you back in the game my friend, i look forward to seeing your progress.

WillKuenzel
12-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Good luck with it, man! I'll definitely have to keep an eye on this journal to see how things progress for you.

PizDoff
12-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Under 3% bf?

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Severed Ties
12-10-2003, 11:44 PM
CG- I will definitely keep August in mind so you will have to send me the details for the show.

PM- It was more out of shear laziness that I never did, but after having my training log lost and my dieting notes thrown out I figure I need a place to keep my thoughts where someone won't destroy them,lol.

Pizdoff all my bodyfat measurements are done by skin caliper which is not a measure of true bodyfat levels as you can't measure the fat surrounding orders without a water tank and that’s just impractical. Skin thickness or rather thinness because of subcutaneous fat is all that matters when it comes to getting on stage which is what I will be tracking.

Pup, HY, ND, Deib- thanks for the support.

12/10/03

Cardio- still none, will probably do my first session tomorrow.

Lifting- Back/Bi's,

Thoughts- First day since dropping ECA that I had a remotely decent workout. The yawn factor was down by at least 50%. Strength was still down a little but was able to get a decent pump.

Shoulder watch 2.0- right started acting up during pull-up’s, so I backed the intensity and reps down. Was able to end workout without any radiating pain, this alone pushes even a poor workout into the realm of decent in my book.

Stretching- pressed for time but was able to get some of them in between deadlift sets.

Observations- some veins are finally peaking out of my forearms, I'm like the lease vascular person in the world so to see this much with my bodyfat as high as it is, is kind of surprising but none the less pleasing.

Sleep- only 5 hours last night, need to work on getting more.

Water- better

Diet- flawless.

ST

Beast
12-10-2003, 11:50 PM
ST-
Are you going to provide any more detail on your training/diet? A lot of us would be interested, I bet!

WillKuenzel
12-11-2003, 12:11 AM
Agreed. I'd also like to know why you're dropping the ECA. I found it almost invaluable while I was cutting. Just wondering if you plan on tossing it back in later or something.

Severed Ties
12-12-2003, 08:25 PM
I can't believe I actually had to go look for this....I guess people actually post in their journals or something,lol.

ND- since ya asked about my diet I'll post it, I have it printed on a spreadsheet so I didn't out of laziness. Training I just plan to keep notes on for the sake of time. Maybe as I get more used to keeping track of everything I'll log my workouts as well.

HY- I dropped ECA because I had been on it 12 weeks already. My body had become attenuated to it so I dropped it. I will add it back in when I'm not dropping a sufficient amount of BF% each week.

Diet goes as follows.

All food portions are weighted and measured.

Meal 1

1 english muffin
4 egg whites
1 egg
1 8oz cup of OJ

Meal 2

1 EAS Myoplex shake mixed in 24oz of water.
1 8oz cup of OJ
4 psyullium husk caps

Meal 3

2 pieces of whole wheat bread
6oz sliced white turkey breast
1 8oz cup of OJ
2 EPA/DHA fish oil caps.
1 gram vit C
400iu Vit E

Meal 4

1 EAS Myoplex shake mixed in 24oz of water

Meal 5

7oz white skinless chicken
1 cup cooked of white rice
1 multi-vit

Meal 6

1.25 cups of fat-free ice cream.

Supplements I'm currently using.

EAS myoplex- 2 packs per day
Multi-vit
psyullium husk caps.
fish oils- 2 caps/day
BCAA's pre- and post- workout
Meta Cell- post workout
syntrx gugglebolic, 3 caps daily.

Probably not exactly what you would expect but their is a method to this madness,lol.

and yes I drink alot of OJ...

ST

Severed Ties
12-12-2003, 08:33 PM
12/11/03

No training.
cardio- 20 minutes.

Started my first session of cardio...I think I just started sweating and the session was over. Sure beats the 60 minute or double sessions I had been doing 2 weeks ago but I don't get to listen to nearly enough disturbed.

Sleep was better today, 7 hours...would have prefered 9 or 15.

Diet- flawless.

ST

Severed Ties
12-12-2003, 08:48 PM
12/12/03

WBB forums were down last night so that plan was to get some extra sleep....somehow I only got 4 hours. suck....

Cardio-none
Training- Chest

Usually this is paired with tri's but workout partner had to leave so I will do an arm only day tomorrow.

Workout impressions- first chest day in two weeks with pain free pressing, DB strength seemed up. Workout intensity seems mostly recoverd since dropping ECA.

Observations-

physical- Where fat is being utilized seems to be different than when I diet using macronutrient seperations/carb control.

Mental- Had some concerns that the longer day due to work would lead to hunger pains/cravings cause I had to spread my meals exactly 3-3.5 hours apart. Thus far I've finished 5 meals and had no problems.

Diet- Flawless thus far.

ST

Beast
12-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Cutting diet looks great.

What are the psyullium husk caps for?

Severed Ties
12-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Just added fiber, slow digestion down a bit since liquid cals get absorbed quicker than solid foods.

ST

BCC
12-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Nice to see you are going to be competing and have started a journal :thumbup:

Just out of curiosity, did you or have you experienced any headaches since dropping the ECA?

galileo
12-13-2003, 11:14 AM
Wow, I just saw this. I'm really glad to see you starting up a journal. We have similar bodytypes, I think, so it'll be nice to see what is successful for you. Good luck man!

galileo
12-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Oh, and what's up with all the OJ?

Severed Ties
12-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Chase no headaches to speak of, just serious lethagy. About the only time I can recall getting one recently is on days were I sleep less than 4 hours the night prior. I don't know what the connection is but thats about it.

Gal I could use other fruit but I just like OJ.

12/13/03

Cardio- none

Lifting- Legs, crappy workout, hamstrings were still tight from deadlifting the other day

Sleep- 8.5 hours

Diet- flawless thus far.

ST

Isaac Wilkins
12-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Good to see a journal from you, man. You know I'll be checking in!

:cool:

Severed Ties
12-14-2003, 11:35 PM
12/14/03

Lazy day today, snow storm closed the gym so no training and no cardio. The extent of my activity was hours of non-stop video gaming.

Legs were surprisingly sore from yesterday’s incredibly mediocre workout but it's my first time training them in 6 weeks so I suppose it's expected.

It's probably better I wasn't able to lift today as today was supposed to be my last volume training day but I will take 3 days off from lifting and start up with my HIT routine on Wednesday.

Diet- flawless as usual

ST

PowerManDL
12-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Are you pulling any trickery with your diet, as far as rotating calories, macros, any of that type thing, or just using the basic eat-under-maintenance philosophy?

Severed Ties
12-15-2003, 12:45 AM
Oh their will be trickery but not what people are used to seeing. I don't do calorie rotation and the macro's stay basically the same throughout. I think it works out to 2350 cals, 38% protein/ 41% carb/ 17% fat but I don't have the breakdown in front of me.

I will always be below maintenance calories but the diet or more specifically the food evolves as my bodyfat gets lower. Since the body will adapt to any set diet to level off bodyfat reduction as fatloss slows some variable in changed to overcome that adaption. The easiest variables to manipulate are

-Time and number of cardio sessions per week
-Number of training sessions per week
-Supplements used (ECA, NYC, green tea and such)
-Quality of food selecton

With a simple look at my diet it's obvious their are some better food choices that could be made...brown rice over white being a basic example. However if I start out at 15% eating the cleanest possible foods, what am I gonna eat after my body adapts and I get stuck at 7% or 5%, you can only do so much cardio or drop cals by so much before you just catabolize muscle so you need more variables, and better "burning" foods are crutial for this.

Variables like cardio will also increase each week. I only do 20 minutes 2x per week at the moment, by the week of the show I will probably be doing an hour per day or 45 minutes twice daily if needed.

Conversely if my bodyfat just contines to drop for some freakish reason the diet and training do not have to evolve.

I get my bodyfat checked every week so I know at the start of each week what adjustments need to be made. Last week I dropped 1.9% doing no cardio and barely getting to the gym which is an excellent week but the first week always has the most dramatic drop on any new diet. So this week I added a minimal 2 20 minute session of low intensity cardio as my goal is to keep losing 1% each week. On the weeks I do better than 1% very little will change however if I lose less than 1% more variables will be changed to try and lose 1% the following week.

ST

galileo
12-15-2003, 06:36 AM
That's an interesting theory about cleaning up food as you go. Is this based off of logic or something more scientific?

Scott S
12-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Sounds more like psychology to me -- best not to burn yourself out eating *too* clean early in the game.

BTW, :spam:

Severed Ties
12-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Scientific not directly, their is definitly evidence that the body partitions nutrients differently based on a number of factors.

psychology- not at all, I could stick to a far more rigid eating plan. I've done so in the past but I learned a few tricks from the first time I dieted for a show which showed me this works.

ST

Wu36
12-15-2003, 12:39 PM
ST starts a journal, nice. Good luck with the cutting, you always have some interesting ideas.

Alke
12-15-2003, 04:31 PM
just wanted to say what up, nice to see you got a journal.

good luck cutting man, I am better at the bulking than cutting so any ideas you got keep em coming

rookiebldr
12-15-2003, 08:37 PM
I just noticed this myself. It'll be great to watch your progess and pics will be in order.

Amazing to see you can drop 1% per week of bodyfat at the start. I somehow thought you were much bigger, so you're an inspiration to the smaller guys like myself. :)

BCC
12-15-2003, 08:39 PM
But he's short, so he is big Jeff.

rookiebldr
12-15-2003, 08:45 PM
:cry: Bursting more bubbles. ;)

Severed Ties
12-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Rookie like chase said I'm short fooker (5'6") so even when I was cycling 2 years ago I could never crack the 200 mark, Taking so much time off from the past year obviously hurt my size as well.

I was planning to get a digital camera to add pictures of my weekly progress but my ex insisted she needed a gift idea for christmas so I should get some pics going up in a couple of weeks.

Hell after the show I might even post my fat out of shape ass pics from January,lol

12/15/03

I guess an hour of shoveling snow counts as cardio....

Second rest day before switching routines, tomorrow will be rest day 3 and Wednesday will start HIT routine.

I spent the majority of my day contemplating the savage slaughter of innocent tree's in order to create warning labels for women not to take birth control if they are trying to get pregnant.

Tomorrows weight and bodyfat check in, should be a more interesting report.

Diet- almost flawless....ran out of fat-free ice cream for meal 6....had to use regular...total calories for the meal were kept equal.

ST

Saint Patrick
12-15-2003, 10:55 PM
I somehow thought you were much bigger

It's the Avatar, it makes you think subconsciously that he's built like the Punisher.

heathj
12-16-2003, 12:35 AM
ST, didn't even notice. Good you got a journal up.

Good luck on the contest.

Coke
12-16-2003, 04:34 AM
Good luck on the HIT routine or whatever program ...need to show some sessions mang - :D

Severed Ties
12-16-2003, 09:50 PM
12/16/03

Scale weight this morning was 165 lbs which is a three pound gain since last week.

Bodyfat clipped today at 12.2% down 1.4% from last week.

progress looks as such thus far

Started 166 lbs @ 15.5% = 26 lbs of fat and 140 lbs of LBM
week 1 162 lbs @ 13.6% = 22 lbs of fat and 140 lbs of LBM
week 2 165 lbs @ 12.2% = 20 lbs of fat and 145 lbs of LBM

The jump in LBM suprised me, I attribute it to a combination of water retention from the creatine and a supercompensation effect from the dramatic drop in training volume both lifting and cardio these last 2 weeks.

Did 20 minutes of cardio today, second session for the week.

Adjustments for the coming week-

Cardio will go to three session per week still for 20 minutes/session.

Lifting will be HIT 3 times per week on a Wednesday, Friday, Sunday rotation.

Diet will remain unchanged as weekly bodyfat objective was met.

Diet today- flawless.

ST

Deibiddo
12-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Hey Kool,, glad to see someone made it this week.. I had to drop off this week, too sick

Saint Patrick
12-16-2003, 10:54 PM

week 2 165 lbs @ 12.2% = 20 lbs of fat and 145 lbs of LBM

Holy crap dude that's amazing progress for only 3 weeks.

galileo
12-17-2003, 06:12 AM
Nice! The first few weeks of diet can rock. My LBM tends to go up when I use refeeds and it seems your body responds the same way. Once I hit a certain weight, I lose fat, but the scale stays the same. If I was a few inches shorter, could be twins!

Wikked1
12-17-2003, 06:44 AM
Just noticed you started a journal. (Where the hell have I been?) It looks like you have been making excellent progress and you're prepping for a show? Good luck man!

Severed Ties
12-17-2003, 10:12 AM
Gal you would have to be shorter and less ugly to my twin.;)

The first few weeks are always the best, scale weight was down to 163 this morning so some of it could simply be water fluction. If I was refeeding would have made more sense but I'm the same way for the most part with the scale staying around the same weight.

Wikked- March 27th is the show date

ST

Beast
12-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Gal you would have to be shorter and less ugly to my twin.;)
ST
And twice as big.
:p to gal.

Manveet
12-17-2003, 10:27 AM
Amazing progress ST.

Pup
12-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Nice work bro, 6lbs drop in bodyfat in 2 weeks is rock solid...what weight are you aiming to come in at?

carolinagirl
12-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Holy crap. I want you to tell me what to eat from now on.

Borris, you're now fired as my diet guru.

Pup
12-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Holy crap. I want you to tell me what to eat from now on.

Borris, you're now fired as my diet guru.

It's all in the fat free ice cream Heath...and i hope Borris kicks your ass for that tuttut

rookiebldr
12-17-2003, 09:46 PM
5'6"! That's like all of 1.5" shorter then me. And I can't get to 200 either. :(

Severed Ties
12-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Pup I'll be coming in as a lightweight somewhere between 146-150, the class cuts off at 154 so I'll be looking to come in somewhere near the top of the class.

12/17/03

Nearly vomited after an intense set of dead's, really f'ukd my workout. Lord of the Rings was far more note worthy.

Diets still been spot on, packed some plex for the movie then had to piss for the second half of it.

ST

Severed Ties
12-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Rookie I wouldn't even worry about it, the closest I ever got was 197 and I had to put on a hell of alot of fat to do it. My strength was awesome but honestly I don't think a 370 bench is worth looking and feeling like crap. With all my joint problems I don't particularly care what I lift anymore, I just care about being one shredded mofo.

ST

heathj
12-18-2003, 03:30 AM
You know you're addicted when you give your drinks nicknames :p

galileo
12-18-2003, 06:23 AM
And twice as big.
:p to gal.
Twice as big my ass, honkey. I'm almost your size and soon I shall crush you. CRUSH!

rookiebldr
12-18-2003, 06:32 AM
Rookie I wouldn't even worry about it, the closest I ever got was 197 and I had to put on a hell of alot of fat to do it. My strength was awesome but honestly I don't think a 370 bench is worth looking and feeling like crap. With all my joint problems I don't particularly care what I lift anymore, I just care about being one shredded mofo.

ST

At the rate you are droping bodyfat, you will be. Proportions is the name of the game.

Hatred
12-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Wow I can't Believe I glossed over this Journal.
I'll be stoppin in regularly Y'know.
it's good to see you started one.

Beast
12-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Diets still been spot on, packed some plex for the movie then had to piss for the second half of it.
ST
Hardcore.

Severed Ties
12-18-2003, 06:25 PM
If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol.

ST

Severed Ties
12-18-2003, 11:33 PM
12/18/03

No training today, back is hella lit from yesterrday.

cardio- 20 minutes

Diet- Today was the first day that was truely challanging to stick to my plan, the pharmacy is becoming a haven for home made cookies, brownies, cakes, and pasteries that our long time customers bake us as gifts for the holidays. Worst of all we have so much of this goodness both our frigerators all the cookies are spread accross the fill counter...after eight straight hours they start talking to you....

If it were up to me I'd dump the insulin to hide the cookies...already threw out some EPO this week...whats another grand or two??

Off to sleep now in 5 hours I get to get up and go talk to the desserts more....who would have thought a german cake to have a russian accent....

ST

WillKuenzel
12-19-2003, 12:37 AM
ROFL!!

Donuts are all swedish lesbians.

Franjipani
12-19-2003, 02:39 AM
12/18/03

...truely challanging to stick to my plan, the pharmacy is becoming a haven for home made cookies, brownies, cakes, and pasteries that our long time customers bake us as gifts for the holidays.

Challenging indeed.....I've been given home made logs of marshmellow infested rocky-roads, rum balls you name it.... would be fine if I had an "off" button :cry:

Hatred
12-19-2003, 01:32 PM
Twinkies sound like fat Chicagoans.

Severed Ties
12-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Challenging indeed.....I've been given home made logs of marshmellow infested rocky-roads, rum balls you name it.... would be fine if I had an "off" button :cry:

Dam those sound good, I know I have to avoid this stuff at all costs because I have incredible willlpower not to cheat, but if I do even a little all bets are off.

12/19/03

I think every idiot in the county came to see me today for their stupidity regulators. Went to the gym friggen twisted but it worked out in my favor as I had one friggen intense arm workout.

Diet was good in that I stuck to my plan but being up so early caused me to have to space my meals out further than I like.

To twisted to write more...

ST

Severed Ties
12-21-2003, 01:13 AM
12/20/03

20 minutes of cardio and perfect eating, my ass is going to sleep.

ST

Severed Ties
12-21-2003, 07:25 PM
12/21/03

Cardio- none

Absolutely destroyed legs today, I think Bill Phillips added some dbol to the new myoplex forumla cause strength was way up today....maybe HMB really does work like deca:rolleyes:

note worthy lift:

Hammer strength leg press- machine fits 10 45's at most. Usually I work up to 8 plates (4 per side) for 8-10 reps.

Today
4 plates x 20 (warm up)
6 plates x 15 (felt extremely easy)
8 plates x 14 (never did this many before, bring the weight!)
10 plates x 10 (never did this weight, but it felt dam good)

Diet- flawless

ST

smalls
12-21-2003, 09:55 PM
If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol.

ST

Alright this **** goes in the sig. (it has special meaning to me, because I have snuck in half gallons of milk to the movies on more than one ocasion)

Awesome leg workout, very impressive. Kick ass dedication, keep it up man. You will reach your goals.

Severed Ties
12-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Tell me about it smalls, I routinely fill those poland sping sports bottles with myoplex and will drink them at the movies or at a bar...when we would go to the track I'd pack a huge cooler and go eat between races. I've come to love cargo pants for this reason as you have plenty of places to hide food...I'll spend a day at great adventure and walk into the park with 3 meals jammed into my pockets.

It all goes back to commitment. If you want something bad enough you do what you have to, to get it.

ST

JeffWillConquer
12-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah. When I bring my shake to school sometimes and tell people it's a protein shake they accuse me of taking steroids. Ugh. Gotta live with it I guess.

rookiebldr
12-21-2003, 10:25 PM
It all goes back to commitment. If you want something bad enough you do what you have to, to get it.

Totally agree. :)

Severed Ties
12-21-2003, 10:34 PM
Jeff whats really friggen sad is that If you go somewhere with a protein shake everyone has a comment. However if you put your protein shake into a Yoohoo bottle this is prefectly normal to everyone. I used to do this so I didn't have to listen to people run their uneduated mouth.

ST

smalls
12-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Tell me about it smalls, I routinely fill those poland sping sports bottles with myoplex and will drink them at the movies or at a bar...when we would go to the track I'd pack a huge cooler and go eat between races. I've come to love cargo pants for this reason as you have plenty of places to hide food...I'll spend a day at great adventure and walk into the park with 3 meals jammed into my pockets.

ST

haha, I agree completly. A big sweatshirt tucked under your arm works pretty well for the movies. I've gotten tuna sandwiches, bananas and milk in that way. The best part is dealing with everyone elses **** who just dont understand why your not bringing in candy and pop. It's nice to see others who know what it takes and are willing to do it.
I will defenitely be following your journal, another inspirational one to add to the many good journals here.

Severed Ties
12-22-2003, 11:27 PM
12/22/03

Training- none

cardio- 20 minutes

Diet- flawless

Bodyfat check in tomorrow....11's here I come.

ST

Hatred
12-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Flawless"
Aight man. Spill it. I would very much like to know what the definition of "Flawless" is to Severed Ties.

Severed Ties
12-24-2003, 11:40 PM
Nevermore I posted my current diet in like my 4th post in this journal. I eat the same thing everyday so flawless means weighting, measureing and eating exactly what I posted previously. If I have to make any substitution, miss a meal, or cheat I am keeping track of it here so I have something to reference for adjustments.

ST

Severed Ties
12-25-2003, 12:08 AM
12/23/04

Posted late as I spent all of this day christmas shopping....I make it a habit not to start shopping until the 23rd as it makes finding gifts more interesting.

Scale weight this morning was 161 lbs which is a two pound drop since last week.

Bodyfat clipped today at 11.0% down 1.2% from last week.

week 2 163 lbs @ 12.2% = 20 lbs of fat and 143 lbs of LBM (adjusted)
week 3 161 lbs @ 11.0% = 17.7 lbs of fat and 143.3 lbs of LBM

After three weeks I've lost 8.3 pounds of fat and actually gained 3.3 pounds of LBM.

Progress has exceeded my expectations, I'm about a week and a half ahead of where I need to be. My plan was to get ahead so I could relax and enjoy christmas eve and christmas. However I'm getting such good results I actually don't want to take a day off. So despite all the cookies, cakes, and other goodness in the house I think I am just gonna stick to my diet. Best case I can always slow myself down later on when I am leaner.

Nothing worth mentioning workout wise.

Merry Christmas

ST

Wikked1
12-25-2003, 06:18 AM
Damn you're making excellent progress! Nice work and Merry Christmas!

Beast
12-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Keep up the dedication. :thumbup:

Merry Christmas!

Severed Ties
12-25-2003, 08:05 PM
12/25/03

Cardio- 20 minutes

Lifting- None

Diet- 5 of 6 down thus far perfectly.

Almost through christmas without cheating...must be strong....must get ripped...

ST

Deibiddo
12-25-2003, 08:18 PM
Hang in there people will stop putting food infront of you soon....

Severed Ties
12-26-2003, 12:18 AM
Day is over...finally....everything was flawless. Gotta get through new years and it will be easy sailing....

ST

DarkSmurf
12-26-2003, 02:09 AM
Awesome progress so far ST. Keep up the good work. I'll be looking to your journal for some more "abnormal" sayings. Post some progress pics you focker. :shoot: I'm waiting on a few goodies from you know who, so I'll be suffering through New Years as well. Don't need anything (b-day party, alcohol, nekkkid women, nekkid women, or nekkid women ) throwing off the training/diet. Since I'm bulking, how about you take the nekkid women....I dont need no stinkin' cardio. :thumbup:

:idea: Wait, I could just whorde the nekkid women and eat more.

DS

Severed Ties
12-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Smurfster santa brought me a digital Cam, so as soon as I figure out how to use it I'll start posting pics as well.

Now that you mention him I should drop the candyman a line to see how he's doing.

I just split with the girl I was seeing so I actually could take some of those women off your hand..heh heh...

ST

DarkSmurf
12-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Sweet! I could actually be helpful around here. Put up some pics of the ex, so I have an idea of what you'd like, j/k. As for the candyman, he's a good guy--takes all of my e-mails, seems like a chill dude, now I'll see how well this "breakfast" stuff really works. Keep the updates coming.

DS

Severed Ties
12-27-2003, 07:24 PM
12/27/03

Wasn't aware the gym was closeing early today...I think I'm destined to never train legs on a weekly basis.

Hit 20 minutes of cardio instead.

Eating- meals have been spot on but I've been stretching the time between them a little to much.

Heading out for the night....

ST

Severed Ties
12-30-2003, 01:06 AM
12/28/03

Did a whole lot of nothing today.

meals- 5 of 6 were spot on,forgot I ran out of ice cream so the closest thing I had in the house was light popcorn. About the same carbs and cals...was really temped to drive 20 minutes to the 24 hour supermarket but was too late. My own fault for skipping the gym.

ST

Severed Ties
12-30-2003, 01:10 AM
12/29/03

Not the best week...been 5 days since I got to the gym, hope to get their tomorrow night. Meals were back on target, replenished my supplies.

Bodyfat check in tomorrow...we'll see if my dedication during the holidays pays off.

ST

rookiebldr
12-30-2003, 08:20 AM
Maybe the rest is doing ya some good too. I know it's been tough for me to get into the gym over the last week as well.

Severed Ties
12-30-2003, 11:23 PM
Rookie I'm inclined to agree as I gained a pound of LBM this week and my shoulders feel pretty good. I just need to be very careful how I train chest as my shoulders have been very sore following my last 4 chest workouts...gonna have to go back to the drawing board.

ST

Severed Ties
12-30-2003, 11:34 PM
12/30/03

Scale weight this morning was 161 lbs which is the same as last week.

Bodyfat clipped today at 10.2% down 0.8% from last week.

week 4 161 lbs @ 10.2% = 16.4 lbs of fat and 144.6 lbs of LBM

After four weeks I've lost 9.6 pounds of fat and actually gained 4.6 pounds of LBM.

I should make an adjustment for the coming week however given that I haven't been to the gym in 5 days and only lifted once last week. I will hold off as I believe had I made it to the gym I would have reached the 1% drop I am aiming for. I will re-evaluate next week.....just goes to show how important nutrition is.

Cardio- none

Lifting- Bi's and Tri's, solid workout and strength seemed up but nothing worth particularly mentioning.

Arms seem to be a bit lagging overall, going to experiement with training them 2x weekly for a few weeks.

ST

DarkSmurf
12-31-2003, 01:16 AM
Good luck with the arms. Its always nice when they grow.....makes me want to become a curl jockey. Nice progress so far. But let me get this straight. At the end of week 4 you weigh 181, with 16.4 lbs of fat and 144.6lbs of lbm---I guess you're holding 20lbs of nothing or something. You must be super human. :spam:

;)
DS

Scott S
12-31-2003, 11:19 AM
Gained 4 lbs on LBM on a cut?? What are you using? ;)

Great job. I hate how the gyms are always closed this time of year.

Severed Ties
12-31-2003, 01:04 PM
Smurfinator, gotta account for my 20 pounds of ego,lol.

Scott it's actually a fair question since I've used super supplements in the past but that was a long time ago and if I'm gonna compete in a tested show I'm gonna do it clean.

So I guess the answer would be Meta-cell,lol...maybe the $hit was worth the $40 I spent.

ST

Severed Ties
01-01-2004, 10:58 PM
1/1/04

Happy New Year all....

Great friggen day...pulled something in my back warming up on deads today....just what I needed now...so here I sit loaded on motrin. Mid back is acheing like hell but I hope it will pass by morning.

ST

WillKuenzel
01-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Happy New Year's yourself! Hope the back gets better soon. Injuries during contest prep aren't any fun.

Coke
01-02-2004, 07:20 AM
...it happens all too often in this game ST, with a little rest you will be fine man - ;)

Severed Ties
01-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Well I slept with some Vic's next to the bed incase I woke up in bad shape but most of the pain subsided today. Went to the gym and spent most of my time just stretching which seemed to help, gonna hit the hot tub in a bit.

ST

JustinASU
01-02-2004, 08:24 PM
ST you've made impressive progress. Has cutting always come easy for you? I can't imagine being able to lose fat as fast as you AND put on 4 lbs of LBM....

I'm at where you started...about 15.4% bf and I want to get down to 10%. If only I could do that in a month.

Severed Ties
01-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Cutting easy,lol...hell no J. I chose the wrong hobby as my body always gravitates back to around 20% bodyfat. I always have to watch what I eat cause somehow my ability to store fat defy's the laws of physics.

I was heavy as a kid and both my parents were heavy at points in their lives. I've also probably tried every diet since highschool. I've got some pictures from year ago when I wasn't training and eating my face off in Las Vegas. I was luck someone didn't harpoon my a$$ thinking I beached myself.

Vacations are the worst for me because when I can't weight and measure my food it's impossible to keep an accurate track of what I'm getting calorie wise and you can still get fat off of eating good food.

It was hard sticking to my meal plan during the holidays or not even having a beer out with my friends on New Years. It's not easy but nothing worth having ever is easy to obtain.

If I'm sure of one thing though its in 12 weeks when I'm up on that stage all this sacrifice will be worth it.

ST

Severed Ties
01-03-2004, 05:19 PM
1/3/04

Back felt better today so I hit the gym and totally crushed legs...this 1 leg workout every two weeks seems to work pretty well.

Hammer strength leg press

12/21/03
4 plates x 20 (warm up)
6 plates x 15 (felt extremely easy)
8 plates x 14 (never did this many before, bring the weight!)
10 plates x 10 (never did this weight, but it felt dam good)

Today
4 plates x 20
6 plates x 15
8 plates x 15
10 plates x 14

Cardio- none...when was the last time I did cardio? :scratch:

Diet- flawless thus far

ST

rookiebldr
01-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Rookie I'm inclined to agree as I gained a pound of LBM this week and my shoulders feel pretty good.

This really is unfair. You're cutting, resting and gaining LBM. Clearly my I need to get my nutrition in order. ;) Nice to hear the back is ok after all.

BTW, great additude on the diet and the upcoming contest. Get the camera sorted out and add some progress pics.

Severed Ties
01-04-2004, 06:54 PM
1/4/03

Lazy day...lots of siting on my ass,lol.

ST

Wikked1
01-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Cardio- none...when was the last time I did cardio?
Poor b@$T@rd ,you're not going to get much sympathy from me on that one :D .....Must be nice to NOT remember the last time.....it's more like when's the last time I DIDN'T do SOME cardio....keep up the nice work bro.

Severed Ties
01-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Hehe...I definitetly can't complain before I switched my diet around I was doing an hour every day and another 30 minute session 5x a week....so I banked some serious cardio. I guess it works out to like 40 minute everyday or something if I made daily withdrawls or something,lol.

I did intend to do 20 minutes this morning but I overslept so I will try and get it in tonight. If not I won't sweat it, diet has been spot on so I'm lookin pretty good....and for me to think that definitly means I should clip good tomorrow.

ST

Severed Ties
01-06-2004, 12:34 AM
1/6/04

Fuk I'm lazy...really intended to do cardio tonight but didn't happen.

Read some intestesting stuff in the pharmacy on forskolin so I may pick a bottle up.

perfect eating and Bodyfat check tomorrow

Till then

ST

Budiak
01-06-2004, 03:46 AM
Too lazy for cardio? We have more in common than I thought.

Severed Ties
01-06-2004, 05:12 PM
1/6/03

Scale weight this morning was 160 lbs which is down 1 pound from last week.

Bodyfat clipped today at 9.8% down 0.4% from last week.

week 5 160 lbs @ 9.8% = 15.7 lbs of fat and 144.3 lbs of LBM

After five weeks I've lost 10.3 pounds of fat and gained 4.3 ounds of LBM.

I'm sketchy on my scale weight last week as I've been fluctuating a great deal as of late.

Only did cardio once last week but it's clear that my body is adapting and things are slowing down so it's time to evolve my diet. I don't want to add ECA in yet as I'd like to be around 7% before I play that card.

Cardio was 20 minutes 3x per week will now increase to 25 minutes 4x per week.

Diet up till now was

Meal 1

1 english muffin
4 egg whites
1 egg
1 8oz cup of OJ

Meal 2

1 8oz cup of OJ
4 psyullium husk caps

Meal 3

1 8oz cup of OJ
2 EPA/DHA fish oil caps.

Meal 4

Meal 5

1 cup cooked of white rice
1 multi-vit

Meal 6

1.25 cups of fat-free ice cream.

Meals 5 and 6 will now evolve to-

All food portions are weighted and measured.

Meal 1

1 english muffin
4 egg whites
1 egg
1 8oz cup of OJ

Meal 2

1 8oz cup of OJ
4 psyullium husk caps

Meal 3

1 8oz cup of OJ
2 EPA/DHA fish oil caps.

Meal 4

Meal 5

9oz baked potato
1 multi-vit

Meal 6

6 rice cakes

Supplements I'm still using.

Multi-vit
psyullium husk caps.
fish oils- 2 caps/day
Meta Cell- post workout

Supplements I'm adding.

500mg ALA- 1 daily with meal 1 or 6.

ST

Pup
01-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Uh oh...you gave up the ice cream.

...solid progress so far ST, so you're pretty much right on track with everything it looks like.

Severed Ties
01-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah bro giving up the ice cream hurt but it had to go.

I am right where I need to be which is ahead of most my competition,lol.

ST

Scott S
01-06-2004, 09:15 PM
What is the half-life of ephedrine? I wonder if, in the not-too-distant future, they'll start testing for that as well.

Nice job, BTW. It appears that having a stubborn body type is no excuse when careful planning can overcome it. :thumbup:

Hatred
01-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Seems like a plan executed with precision. I wouldn't expect anything less though from you.

Wikked1
01-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Well done so far man.......damn you're dropping body fat like I wish I could......one other note EAS Myoplex....I've got some vanilla cream flavored stuff that has that Irony after taste it's the old formula....I hope the new formula tastes better bro.

Severed Ties
01-07-2004, 09:09 AM
NM- who me plan something, nah???

Actually Wikked I can't stand the new forumula, I usually blend my myoplex in 24oz of water and 10 ice cubes. After like 2 minutes on high I get a almost a 48oz thick shake that fills the entire blender. That totally curbs my appetite as thos 2 shakes are probably my most filling meals. However the new forumula is very thin and watery so this doesn't work. Luckily they didn't change the formula on the myoplex cholate lovers variety so now I only buy those.

Haven't tried the new vanilla so I can't comment but I remember the taste on the old formula got old real quick.

ST

Severed Ties
01-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Today was solid across the board.

Started posing today- 20 minutes.

Training- Back...sick workout, my training partner finally rejoined so their was some serious pain going on today. Left the gym with horrible case of ILS.

Eating was spot on however made minor adjustment to meal six, increased rice cakes to 8 as I bought ones that were lower in calories than intended.

ST

Scott S
01-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Any idea on my question?

Tough break with the ILS. :D

Severed Ties
01-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Sorry Scott ILS were so bad today it prevented me from seeing your post,lol.

I believe the half-life is 4 hours. It would be hard to test for as if it is cut 5-7 days before competiton all the metabolites will clear your blood. I suppose it's not impossible they would ban it but it really depends on the organization. Some organizations consider prohormones in the same catagory as anabolic steriods as far as what is prohibited while other organizations let you use everything under the sun except steroids.

1/9/04

25 minutes of cardio this morning on empty stomach.

Job interview today made a 4 hour spread between meal 2 and 3 which sucked but that aside all meals were on target.

Some serious DOMS have set in, it's great to have my partner back...if workouts keep going like this and I can avoid overdueing cardio I may be able to come in 7 pounds of LBM heavier than expected.

no lifting today, cheat/tri's tomorrow.

ST

Severed Ties
01-11-2004, 11:11 PM
1/12/04

Workouts have been unreal these last few days, I really forgot how much difference the right partner makes. Haven't been this sore in months and luckily my shoulders are holding up.

Scale weight is up 3 pounds today since last time I checked. It could be water retention as I dump metric ton of salt on my rice cakes to give them some flavor.

Suprisingly strength is actually going up this week, overall I feel stronger on the majority of my lifts and the lifts that were dipping have come back up so who knows.

On the bad side they changed the forumula in myoplex to crapoplex so I now need to find a new MRP....I've used myoplex for the last 7 years so this is very upsetting to me,lol.

ST

Wikked1
01-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Nice work ST ......I hear you loud and clear ,the right lifting partner is good as gold. Myoplex......blah.....try the Ultramet stuff .....it's almost indentical as far content goes and I think it's the best tasting MRP hands down. Some places still have a lot of stock on the old formula.

Severed Ties
01-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Never even heard of ultramet, does the stuff mix up thick cause most of the other MRP's I've tried are always thin and watery. I like my MRP to eat like a steak...if I don't have to chew it I'm not interested,lol.

I'd mix my myoplex with 36oz of water and 10 ice cubes and that $hit was still thick...keeps me full for hours which is key.

ST

Wikked1
01-13-2004, 06:24 AM
Well for me I typically make an MRP out of them w/32 oz of FF skim milk and mix with water post workout.....if you want them thick and chewy using H20 I would cut it back to about 24 ounces and then you'll need a knife and fork dude :D

Beast
01-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Come on, post some new pics! :)

Severed Ties
01-14-2004, 02:21 PM
1/14/03

Scale weight this morning was 163 lbs which is up 3 pounds from last week.

Bodyfat clipped today at 9.4% down 0.4% from last week.

week 6 163 lbs @ 9.4% = 15.3 lbs of fat and 147.7 lbs of LBM

After six weeks I've lost 10.7 pounds of fat and gained 7.7 pounds of LBM.

I weighted myself 3x last week so scale weight isn't some random fluctuation.

Since my training partner is back at the gym my workouts were killer last week. By far surpassing my best week of training in the last 2 months so I'm not suprised I gained some muscle but I gained more than expected.

Trained Back and Bi's today and my strength was really awesome, lifts were up 3 full reps across the board. It actually messed up my workout as the weights I chose for sets turned out to be to light which forced me to go into higher rep ranges....oh well these are the problems I like having.:D

Since I gained weight this week diet needs to change again and I'm going to bring the calories down a tad while bringing cardio up

Cardio was 25 minutes 4x per week will now increase to 30 minutes 5x per week.

Diet changes-

Meal 1

english muffin is replaced with 3/4 cup cooked oatmeal.

Meal 5

Potato is cut back to 8oz

Meal 6 is dropped back to 6 rice cakes.

Supplements I'm still using.

Multi-vit
psyullium husk caps.
fish oils- 2 caps/day
500mg ALA- 1 daily with meal 1 or 6.

Meta-cell creatine is being used intermitantly as I keep forgetting to take it to the gym so I missed it last week.

ST

galileo
01-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Aren't rice cakes fairly high on the GI side?

Severed Ties
01-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Can't be any higher than ice cream,lol but yeah I think they are.

ST

Wikked1
01-15-2004, 08:31 AM
I used to forget my creatine at home all the time, now I load up a zip lock baggie and toss it in the old gym bag with an old scoop just in case I forget so I can slam the creatine post workout.....just a thought bro.

Severed Ties
01-15-2004, 11:32 PM
hmmm I think if I did that I'd be too tempted to start cutting and snort it in the locker room just to fuk with people.

I got those Ultramet from you and they do mix up just like myoplex so that really helped me out. I'm not quite sure how I rank the flavor but they are definitly in the "good $hit" catagory.

ST

Scott S
01-15-2004, 11:51 PM
LOL. Back in college, I used to cut lines of Ritalin before a night of heavy drinking.

It worked. :D

Saint Patrick
01-15-2004, 11:57 PM
tuttut

Drugs are bad. mmmmkay?

Wikked1
01-16-2004, 06:44 AM
LMFAO my last flight into Chicago I had a ziplock baggie loaded up with Phosphogen HP it looked just like a coke. (Well not that I would know what coke looks liek but i have seen it on TV!) I'm surprised as hell they never even looked at it! Now if I was pressed for time they probably would have busted my balls......hey snort it up maybe bypass the digestive track and you'll make HEEEEUGE gains.....either that or your eyes will water and you'll be sneezing your brains out for hours!

Severed Ties
01-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Hot dam legs are blowing up, they just keep getting stronger each week.

1/3/04

4 plates x 20
6 plates x 15
8 plates x 15
10 plates x 14

Today

4 plates x 20
6 plates x 20
8 plates x 15
10 plates x 16

sleep was good- 8 hours

meals have been perfect, using ultramet as my MRP now and thats working great. Thanks Wikkid1 for looking out!

Gonna go hit some cardio now as well.

ST

JustinASU
01-17-2004, 04:42 PM
I dont know how you do it but you've gained lbm, lost bf, and gained strength. If I were you I'd never stop your current diet.

I guess you've just gotten to the point where you know your body THAT well.

Damn good work. Keep it up, ST.

Bam Bam
01-17-2004, 05:18 PM
has st had a relapse?

good work man i wish i had legs

Severed Ties
01-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Justin part of it is falling flat on your face, I've tried every diet there is at some point so I know what I respond to. Secondly I've eaten the same 6 planned meals every day for 7 weeks no whater the situation, it makes a huge difference when you know exactly what your eating. My eating is far more important than my training its practically a religion.

bam bam a relapse???....give me more credit than that.

All my good genetics went to my legs...definitly not my metabolism, but my legs are probably my best bodypart and I work them the least.

ST

Beast
01-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Glad you're progressing as well as you predicted. :)

When are you going to start getting your posing routine together?

Wikked1
01-18-2004, 12:12 PM
Great leg day man......looks killer......glad the Ultramet fit the bill :thumbup:

Hatred
01-18-2004, 12:58 PM
WOW. people CAN grow with out scientific help...ahem....

nice man. I be jealous

Severed Ties
01-18-2004, 01:16 PM
ND I've working my mandatories up till now, I'll proably start getting an acutal routine in the works in another week or two.

Wikked1- I'm deadlocked for which I like better now so yeah it definitly fit the bill.

NM- what a concept right,lol.

ST

Hatred
01-18-2004, 01:32 PM
LOL. I actually had to realize that fact.Thanks to a little knowhow weight gains have been basically maintained with a slight reduction in strength. I can't believe your progress though. That is damn impressive. Can we say Hypergonadic?

Wikked1
01-22-2004, 11:55 AM
What's up man no updates? *BUMP* Where's the BF coming in at bro?

Severed Ties
01-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Fuk Bro, this girl I'm seeing got me an X-box so I've been addicted to MechAssault online...was up till 4 am last night playing,lol.

If anyone else plays this live look me up as Severed Ties.

Scale weight yesterday morning 1/21/04 was 160 lbs which is up 3 pound drop from last week.

Bodyfat clipped yesterday at 9.0% down 0.4% from last week.

week 7 160 lbs @ 9.0% = 14.4 lbs of fat and 145.6 lbs of LBM

After seven weeks I've lost 11.6 pounds of fat and gained 5.6 pounds of LBM.

I'm guessing the 3 pounds from last week was water retention from the like 4 grams of sodium I was throwing on the rice cakes at night. I also stopped taking creatine this week. So I'm not discouraged in the least, my strength has really been coming up and has seriously improved since I started dieting.

Well this is where it gets real interesting.....

I don't feel I'm dropping bodyfat fast enough so I could add some ECA but its only a temperary fix as I'd probably get stuck around 6%.

Since I'm on target and have 9 weeks from friday I am going to take a big gamble and reconstruct my diet around the macronutrient seperations I had been using over the summer. It's not what I had planned to do so this is a gamble and could cost me a week but I'm really curious to try the results of my summer experiments.

This experiment will last 5 days as I don't want to be carb depleted when I get clipped next wednesday.

Today was non-training day so carbs are minimal.

Cardio this morning- 30 minutes on empty stomach, 3 BCAA caps taken prior.

Meal 1

5oz chicken breast
1 slice of melted cheese
1 teaspoon of olive oil
3 EPH/DHA caps

Meal 2

2 scoops Biotest Advanced Protein
1 tablespoon of olive oil
3 EPH/DHA caps.

Meal 3
6 oz sliced turkey
1.5 oz american cheese
3 EPH/DHA caps
4 Psyullium husk caps

Meal 4

3 EPH/DHA caps

Meal 5

5oz chicken breast
1 flour tortilla

Meal 6

5oz flank steak

Supplements added this week

LS7- non-ehpedrine based fat burner

ST

Severed Ties
01-23-2004, 10:20 AM
1/23/04

Actually have some down time at work so I figure I'll plan my meals for the day.

Weight Training Day- chest/tri's tonight.

Meal 1

6oz Flank steak
4 EPH/DHA caps

Meal 2

3 EPH/DHA caps.

Meal 3

6 oz sliced turkey
2 oz amercian cheese
3 EPH/DHA caps

Meal 4 - pre-workout

1 scoop Advanced Protein
8oz glass of OJ
3 BCAA caps

Meal 5 - immediately postworkout

3 scoops Biotest Surge

Meal 6

7oz skinless chicken
100 grams of some kinda carb, (probably use 1/2 on a snack food like pretzels) 50 grams coming from a potato or bread....actually maybe some cereal...::go's and buys cookie crisp::

Meal 7

Either 2 scoops of Advanced protein or 4oz chicken...haven't decided.

ST

Wikked1
01-23-2004, 11:17 AM
XBOX KIX ASS that's awesome man....sounds like she's a keeper too :thumbup: Don't have LIVE yet but soon! Maybe you explaind before? what are these bro EPH/DHA caps? 9% you got to be seeing some abs?

Severed Ties
01-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Xbox does rock, between mechassault and halo I have no time for sleep,lol.

EPH/DHA caps are Omega fish oil caps...the over simplifed answer to what EPH/DHA is...is its da good $hit in fish oils,lol.

I am just starting to see abs, unfortunetly for me I hold the bulk of my fat around my waist so I need to get down very low to have well seperated abs.

ST

Severed Ties
01-24-2004, 05:27 PM
1/24/04

Training- none

Cardio- 30 minutes

Meals today

Meal 1

5oz lean beef
1 teaspoon of olive oil
3 EPH/DHA caps.

Meal 2

Repeat of meal 1

Meal 3

1 tablespoon olive oil

Meal 4

6oz flank steak
4 EPH/DHA caps

Meal 5

Ultramet MRP

Meal 6

5oz skinless chicken

Notes- Diet shift is definitly working in terms of fat loss, scale weight is below 160 for the first time however with the constant carb depleating and reloading it's difficult to tell if muscle mass is being properly preserved.

ST

Severed Ties
01-25-2004, 06:39 PM
1/25/04

Real solid day today, wish everyday came together like this one.

Sleep- 8 hours.

Training- Arm day

Meal 1- pre workout

1 Ultramet MRP
3 LS7 pills
1 SAN's pure ephedrine tabs

Weight training followed by 20 minutes of cardio

Meal 2- post workout

3 scoops of biotest Surge
1 serving of Meta-Cell

Posing 20 minutes

Meal 3

1 Large bagel
4oz lean ham
15 pretzels
2 500mg ALA caps

Meal 4

2 Scoops advanced Protein

Meal 5

5oz Flank steak
3 EPH/DHA caps

Meal 6
5oz turkey
2oz cheese
4 EPH/DHA caps

Meal 7

6oz Chicken breast
3 EPH/DHA caps

Notes: I'm not used to training in the morning so I took an ephedrine tab pre-workout. I'm not sure how much of a difference this would make in strength but my curls were abnormally high today. Scale weight has been creeping down so if my strength has indeed gone up I can expect good things when I get tested wednesday.

Thats all for now.

ST

Wikked1
01-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Nice continued work ST....Halo is a .....great game! DAMN I got to get that XBox LIVE stuff!

Severed Ties
01-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Bro have you seen the trailer for Halo 2! game looks friggen unreal. I'd try and tell you about some of the cool stuff in the trailer but mear words cannot describe the true awesomeness that game is going to be.

ST

Severed Ties
01-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Diggidy DIZAM legs are blowing up...still getting stronger..

1/17/04

4 plates x 20
6 plates x 20
8 plates x 15
10 plates x 16

1/28/04

4 plates x 15
6 plates x 15
8 plates x 15
10 plates x 21!!!

Got my care package from VPX nutrition today as they are helping sponser my competitive efforts. So I have many new goodies to try out :D

Supposed to get clipped tomorrow but I have a feeling the snow is gonna prevent that SUK!.

ST

Wikked1
01-28-2004, 09:12 AM
NO ****? VPX is sponsoring you? DAMN man.....cool deal...you gotta be connected eh?
Oh man I haven't plugged in Halo in so long......I do love cruising in the Bashee....what a game......makes me wish I had a big 52" screen......got it plugged in through the surround sound (awesome effects)....
Nice leg presses man! 945 Plus X21? :eek:

Severed Ties
01-31-2004, 11:10 PM
Yeah bro a little suprising how came together but a bonus none the less. I've wanted to try Micellean protein for a while now. From what I've read briefly it's the next step up from whey so I got a bunch of VPX's Micellean MRP's. I'm not to crazy about the flavors or consistancy but I will probably switch to them exclusivly at 4 weeks out so I can cut out all whey products.

I got a few of there fat burners as well so I'm trying them seperately to see what I like. Thus far I'm liking their Redline product.

It's funny cause Halo is an old game but since it's new to me I'm friggen hooked on it. The scorpion is my vehicle of choice but the banshee's are rather cool.

ST

Severed Ties
01-31-2004, 11:19 PM
2/01/04

Notes:

Haven't really updated much this week since I missed getting my bodyfat checked cause of the snowstorm. From what I can see visually my macronutrient madness gamble really paid off. When I went into the posing room wednesday I could see a dramatic difference so I have no doubt I made the right decision. Since the change was so dramatic I opted to stick with the macronutrient seperations for another 5 day cycle. Today I'm finally starting to see some minor ab seperation when I hit my poses. I'm irritated that I've missed cardio for the last 3 days but the eating is what really seems to be key.

Thats all for now, I am going to attempt to get clipped earlier this week so I have some idea of where I am. Strength has been going up this last week but I've started taking 1 ECA pill when I wake up in the AM. Now I don't train until the evening so I don't know if I am still getting any extra CNS excitation from the ECA that morning which would explain the increases in strength in the last week.

ST

Budiak
02-01-2004, 03:09 AM
9% and still not seeing abs? God damn.

My goal is to get big enough to where I have a full rack of abs at 12%, so even at 16% I dont look fat. I'm about 13-14% right now and I look...meh. Lean I guess. Abs are starting to poke through. I think with another 30lbs of lean mass on me, I could be at this bodyfat and look pretty lean.

Of course I'd be 235 at 5'4"

:D

Pup
02-01-2004, 08:06 AM
I've used that Redline stuff ST...i didn't notice a lot in terms of bodyfat reduction, but as a pick-me-up for the workouts i thought it was second to none.

Severed Ties
02-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Pup thats exactly why I like it, I take a serving of it and I'm wired to go.

ST

Wikked1
02-02-2004, 02:21 PM
*notes Redline*
hmmmm pre workout pick-me-up sounds better than ephedrine/black coffee routine I'm sporting now. I'll have to hunt this stuff down and see what it is.....

Severed Ties
02-02-2004, 10:28 PM
I really like the stuff, turns me into a dam cardio machine but definitely worth checking out. I take it with my ECA before cardio or lifting and the combo of the two is almost too powerful...I gotta keep moving or I just want to shake,lol.

ST

Severed Ties
02-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Scale weight this morning 2/04/04 was 157 lbs which is a 3 pound drop from two weeks ago.

Bodyfat clipped today at 8.1% down 0.9% from two weeks ago.

week 9 157 lbs @ 8.1% = 12.7 lbs of fat and 144.3 lbs of LBM

I don't really understand the LBM loss as I just seem to keep getting stronger...probably just some water for the carb depletion and carb up so I'm not gonna worry about it.

Marconutrient experiements were somewhat successful, I was able to continue to drop bodyfat while getting stronger. The biggest help was the change in food for the last 2 weeks. It was very nice to get to eat steak again. However I still need to crank up the pace more so dieting becomes less fun from here out.

Cardio is bumped to 40 minutes/day either all first thing in the morning or 2 20 minutes sessions.

New Meal breakdowns.

Meal 1

4 egg whites
1 egg
1 slice no fat cheese
3/4 cooked cup of oatmeal.
8 oz OJ

Meal 2

Myoplex MRP
8 oz OJ

Meal 3

6 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
8oz OJ

Meal 4

Myoplex MRP

Meal 5

7 oz chicken
8 oz baked potato

Meal 6

4oz chicken

Supplements added.

ECA - 1x day
VPX Redline - 2x day

ST

WillKuenzel
02-04-2004, 04:05 PM
That's absolutely some fantastic progress! Will we be seeing any pics before the show or will we just get to see the finished product?

Severed Ties
02-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Thats an interesting question HY,lol...I have a digital camera that I can't seem to the get the pictures from on to my computer. So what I've also been doing is snapping pictures every few weeks with a disposable camera I picked up from work. So I will have before and after pictures but not until I finish this camera off.

Believe me I want to get the pictures developed to as I get so used to seeing my body, especially since I've started posing daily I hardly feel like I've changed at all....well except I could use all new clothes,lol.

ST

Severed Ties
02-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Just an update...got my bodyfat checked early this week cause I felt I wasn't progressing as I should.

I was correct, bodyfat clipped 7.9% monday so I'm not progressing at the rate I would like so I switched a few things around today with macronutrients and meal timeing and will get rechecked tomorrow.

ST

Wikked1
02-11-2004, 08:01 AM
7.9% I'd be pleased with that progress. Yeah I'm with Homes post up some progress pics man!

Severed Ties
02-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Wikked if the deadline wasn't coming I'd be pleased to....I'd probably also go eat some pizza,lol. However I had planned to be lower at this point so I can't get hung up now. I think yesterday's changes were on the money as I have seperation in my top abs today. I get clipped again in about an hour so I'll know whats up. I'll be 7 weeks out on Friday. If I can break into the 6's by monday I'll be alright but at the moment I have more things I want to try than I have time to so I need to be on the money with all my decisions.

I'll update when I get back.

ST

Relentless
02-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Read some intestesting stuff in the pharmacy on forskolin so I may pick a bottle up.

[/delurk]
I tried it last spring when I was leaning up for the summer.

Didn't notice much if any difference after taking it for a month, so I stopped. ECA was a much better purchase.

Inspiring progress, BTW.

Severed Ties
02-11-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm inclined to agree Cal but I'm getting it free from my sponser VPX along with my ECA and other supps....if I was paying out of pocket I'd probably drop it.

Thanks though

ST

Severed Ties
02-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Hellz muthaFu'Ken Yeah! 6.9%!!!!

I almost can't believe it......need sleep but will post details tomorrow.

ST

Saint Patrick
02-17-2004, 01:03 AM
Holy hell, you were 7.9 a week ago.

How on god's green earth did you lose 1% bf in a week?

Franco
02-17-2004, 08:42 AM
Time to post pics ;)

Severed Ties
02-17-2004, 02:46 PM
SP I completely changed my diet over from what I had been doing to meal macronutrient manipulations. I'll post my meals later but I'm starting to think all the concern over leptin and refeeds is more hype than substance. I'm starting to think your body just has the ability to adapt to your diet itself and not so much the calorie quotent.

Gotta go blast out back....

ST

Wikked1
02-17-2004, 02:46 PM
:withstupi
Yeah man let's see how shredded you're lookin'..

Severed Ties
02-17-2004, 11:31 PM
Updated Pogress

Scale weight yesterday morning 2/16/04 was 156 lbs 1 pound drop from two weeks ago.

Bodyfat clipped at 6.9% down 1% from one week ago.

week 9 157 lbs @ 8.1% = 12.7 lbs of fat and 144.3 lbs of LBM
week 10 157 lbs @ 7.9% = 12.4 lbs of fat and 144.6 lbs of LBM
week 11 156 lbs @ 6.9% = 10.8 lbs of fat and 145.2 lbs of LBM

ST

Overhaulded Diet

Meal 1

6oz Chicken
1 slice american cheese
teaspoon of olive oil
3 EFA caps

Meal 2

2 scoops VPX Zero Carb
1 tablespoon olice oil
3 EFA caps

Meal 3

same as meal 1

Meal 4 - preworkout

Myoplex shake

Meal 5 - postworkout

2 scoops Biotest Surge

Meal 6

6 oz chicken
10.5oz potato

Meal 7

4oz flank steak

Saint Patrick
02-17-2004, 11:48 PM
I just noticed your sig says 8 weeks out - I didn't realize you were doing a show.

Where and when?

Severed Ties
02-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Yeah I've got to update that...show is March 27th in Nyack, NY so 5 weeks from this saturday.

ST

Saint Patrick
02-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Well hell, you can't get much leaner. Good luck at the show and I hope you post some pics.

BTW do you have any plans for sodium & carb loading/depletion?

Severed Ties
02-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Oh hells yes I can,lol....the problem with skin calipers is they can't measure visceral fat so you have to add 3% to any measurement to give you an idea of your true bodyfat. Which is why my goal is sub 3% this way I would be an around a true 5%

As promised I will have plenty of pics soon as I finish the camera off and even more from the show itself.

I don't think I am going to sodium load and I'm very iffy on carb loading. With my carbs seperated this way I am very well depleted but what concerns me is it takes about 900 grams of carbs (300 per day x 3 days) for me to really start looking "full" after I've depleted. So I'm still debating how I want to approach this.

ST

Beast
02-18-2004, 11:32 AM
You're gonna do well, bud. Everyone around is anticipating your contest pics, too.

Hatred
02-18-2004, 11:57 AM
man... the things I have to look forward too. Jeez. what does 3% feel like?

Severed Ties
02-18-2004, 01:11 PM
ND I hope so bro, god knows I busting my ass but getting stuck 2 weeks ago really hurt me.

NM- I'll let you know when I get there.

ST

ElPietro
02-18-2004, 02:07 PM
I remember most of the stuff I read on forskolin long ago, showed that the actual doses required to achieve results were SO much higher than what is recommended or provided in the capsule form.

So maybe if you pop half a bottle a day you'll get some benefit.

Severed Ties
02-18-2004, 02:47 PM
ELP your probably right and if I was paying for it I would have dropped it by now but since I ain't Fugh it.

ST

Severed Ties
02-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Hot DAM Just clipped 6.6%.

ST

WillKuenzel
02-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Holy ****e! Are you saying you just clipped -.3% in a day or was there a bit more time in there. Either way, you're doing some simply badass progress! Are you doing any cardio or is this all diet related?

Severed Ties
02-19-2004, 04:16 PM
I got clipped Monday at 7.0% and again Tuesday at 6.9% so yeah it's been like a day and a half. Getting checked multiple times per week seriously helped me refine my diet as changing over to macronutrient manipulations gives me too many variables to play with so I needed to know how my adjustments were affecting me.

I'm doing serious cardio now. I'm a complete endomorph so I do cardio year round. Nothing like what I do now but I had been doing double session of 25 minutes twice per day 6x per week. Now I do 50 minutes ED in the AM and will start adding 25 minutes 4x per week at night. I lift 4-5 times per week so yes some days I will have to train 3x per day between cardio and weights. When I started dieting I was only doing 30 minutes 3x per week but I'll do what I got to do.

ST

Severed Ties
02-19-2004, 08:56 PM
Another thing occured to me in my carb restriction induced coma today. I've been rather bothered by my lack of vacularity or muscle seperation despite how low my bodyfat is dipping. Then it occurs to me how friggen carb deprived I am so I guess I'll have to get used to the flatness for a few weeks.

ST

Severed Ties
02-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Bodyfat clipped at 6.3% down .3% from 3 days ago.

Started - 166 lbs @ 15.5% = 26 lbs of fat and 140 lbs of LBM
week 1 - 162 lbs @ 13.6% = 22 lbs of fat and 140 lbs of LBM
week 2 - 163 lbs @ 12.2% = 20 lbs of fat and 143 lbs of LBM
week 3 - 161 lbs @ 11.0% = 17.7 lbs of fat and 143.3 lbs of LBM
week 4 - 161 lbs @ 10.2% = 16.4 lbs of fat and 144.6 lbs of LBM
week 5 - 160 lbs @ 9.8% = 15.7 lbs of fat and 144.3 lbs of LBM
week 6 - 163 lbs @ 9.4% = 15.3 lbs of fat and 147.7 lbs of LBM
week 7 - 160 lbs @ 9.0% = 14.4 lbs of fat and 145.6 lbs of LBM
week 9 - 157 lbs @ 8.1% = 12.7 lbs of fat and 144.3 lbs of LBM
week 10 - 157 lbs @ 7.9% = 12.4 lbs of fat and 144.6 lbs of LBM
week 11 - 156 lbs @ 6.9% = 10.8 lbs of fat and 145.2 lbs of LBM
week 11.5 - 155 lbs @ 6.6% = 10.2 lbs of fat and 144.8 lbs of LBM
week 12 - 155 lbs @ 6.3% = 9.8 lbs of fat and 145.2 lbs of LBM

ST

Wikked1
02-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Excellent work so far dude. I noticed you're on the Myoplex again.....perhaps you found a source? I was reading the specifics of your cut 9.8 lbs of fat.....:eek: man I gotta figure out what I am doing wrong!

Severed Ties
02-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah bro I found a source,LOL...friggen ebay man. Before I started carb depleating I actually used 1 Myoplex and 1 Ultramet per day but I'm too lazy to rewrite my diet here for the minor change.

33 Days left.

ST

Severed Ties
02-24-2004, 09:54 PM
2/24/04

45 minutes of cardio, an hour of training, 30 minutes of posing and spot on eating. If I wasn't getting sick today would have been great....::goes and pops some amoxil::

ST

Ironman15
02-25-2004, 01:17 AM
Nice work man. Do you have any progress pics you can post? :thumbup:

Severed Ties
02-26-2004, 04:53 PM
IM I have a camera full of them but I'm waiting to develop them till after the show...the funny thing is I know how different I must look but to myself the change doesn't seem quite as dramatic so they will be a real eye opener for me.

ST

Severed Ties
02-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Inside the Five's!!!!

Bodyfat clipped at 5.9% down .4% from 3 days ago (monday).

Started - 166 lbs @ 15.5% = 26 lbs of fat and 140 lbs of LBM
week 1 - 162 lbs @ 13.6% = 22 lbs of fat and 140 lbs of LBM
week 2 - 163 lbs @ 12.2% = 20 lbs of fat and 143 lbs of LBM
week 3 - 161 lbs @ 11.0% = 17.7 lbs of fat and 143.3 lbs of LBM
week 4 - 161 lbs @ 10.2% = 16.4 lbs of fat and 144.6 lbs of LBM
week 5 - 160 lbs @ 9.8% = 15.7 lbs of fat and 144.3 lbs of LBM
week 6 - 163 lbs @ 9.4% = 15.3 lbs of fat and 147.7 lbs of LBM
week 7 - 160 lbs @ 9.0% = 14.4 lbs of fat and 145.6 lbs of LBM
week 9 - 157 lbs @ 8.1% = 12.7 lbs of fat and 144.3 lbs of LBM
week 10 - 157 lbs @ 7.9% = 12.4 lbs of fat and 144.6 lbs of LBM
week 11 - 156 lbs @ 6.9% = 10.8 lbs of fat and 145.2 lbs of LBM
week 11.5 - 155 lbs @ 6.6% = 10.2 lbs of fat and 144.8 lbs of LBM
week 12 - 155 lbs @ 6.3% = 9.8 lbs of fat and 145.2 lbs of LBM
week 12.5 - 154 lbs @ 5.9% = 9.1 lbs of fat and 144.9 lbs of LBM

I seem to have lost more bodyfat since I was clipped monday than I did in the 4 days leading up to what I clipped on monday. Whats truely suprising is I missed my second cardio session tuesday night and I missed cardio completely yesterday....

This observation will help me refine things a bit more....cardio will be no more than 45 minutes per session. BCAA's before and after both.

Gonna use Nitrean this week instead of VPX zero carb cause I just can't take the taste of the VPX stuff.

Will also be switching from olive oil to DAG oil.

ST

Severed Ties
03-01-2004, 10:21 PM
HOLY $hit! clipped 5.0% today!!!....and here I blew off two cardio sessions cause I haven't been feeling well.

Since I've dropped 1.3% this week I decided to take today as a refeed and rest day...no training...no cardio...no posing.

Diet today was very high carb, moderate protein and low fat....think I had an entire box of cereal as a meal this morning. I know I just had like 8 waffles....

It's funny I thought it would so great to eat some of this stuff again like waffles, ice cream, and pasta and it really didn't do anything for me.

My bloated ass is gonna go veg in front of the TV....

ST

Saint Patrick
03-01-2004, 10:44 PM
It blows my mind how you can shed body fat so damn quickly. Good work.

Severed Ties
03-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Thanks SP above all the training, supplements and even the drugs bodybuilding is about the proper application of nutrition. Everything can be achieved through proper dietary manipulation.

ST

heathj
03-02-2004, 02:17 AM
Gaining five pounds of muscle and losing over sixteen? Incredible, you are doing awesome.

Wikked1
03-02-2004, 06:44 AM
5%.....damn alright!! Nice work man! Your progress is amazing....I need to know MORE about the proper application of nurition I guess.......dammit!

Severed Ties
03-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Heath- thanks bro, when I look at the numbers I think dam I'm doing good but when I look in the mirror I think dam I could be doing better....maybe thats my edge...the fact that I'm just never satisfied.

Wikked- I lied it has nothing to do with food and everything to do with the myoplex,lol.

3/2/04

Reflections of refeeding-

The Good- Veins! and lots of them....I've had very little vascularity because I've had my carbs so low but this morning my shoulder veins were beginning to peak out.

I also look like I put on 5 pounds of muscle as while I wouldn't say I look "full" quite yet I got rid of that flat/soft look which made me look far more impressive under the lights tonight.

The Bad- stomach feels so bloated and I look like I swallowed a basketball,lol.

The Ugly- Energy levels are still down, I woke up feeling great but after 4 sets of deadlifts at the start of my workout I was ready to take a nap on the platform.

Today back to the old stone grind looks as follows-

Wake up 10:00, take stacker (ECA) and 3 BCAA

cardio- 45 minutes first thing this morning.

11:00 am Meal 1

5 oz chicken breast dowsed in Red Hot
1 teaspoon of DAG oil

2:00 pm Meal 2

2 scoops At Large Nitrean
1 teaspoon DAG oil
5 EFA fish oil caps

5:00 pm Meal 3- pre-workout

1 Myoplex
1 ECA/stacker 2

5:45 pm Weight training - Back and more back.

7:00 pm finish weights, take 3 BCAA's

7:00-7:30 pm- posing

7:45- Meal 4 - post workout

2 scoops Biotest Surge

8:15- 20 minutes nap...this is also known as tanning.

9:00 Meal 5

6oz chicken
10.5 oz potato
1 stacker
1 gram ALA

11:30 Meal 6

2 scoops At Large Nitrean

12:00 am

30 minutes cardio

2:00 am

2 eggs
1 slice cheese
4 egg whites

2:15 am - sleep

And thats pretty much my day....time to eat.

ST

Severed Ties
03-04-2004, 11:20 PM
4.8% this morning...refeed slowed me down a bit but still doing good.

ST

Severed Ties
03-09-2004, 12:21 AM
4.5%...think I did too many double sessions these last few days...I feel so friggen tired this week.

ST

WillKuenzel
03-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Still some awesome progress, man! Have you started tanning and stuff yet? Got your routine and posing down?

ElPietro
03-09-2004, 08:12 AM
I think I have more fat in my left ankle than you do in your entire body!

Great work Ry! Don't burn yourself out.

Wikked1
03-09-2004, 09:55 AM
4.5% you fat b@stArd! ALRIGHT it's all in the Myoplex....so that explains my problems.....
Seriously nice work man.......
I saw some Stacker2 in there....love those things!

Severed Ties
03-09-2004, 01:08 PM
HY- yeah I've been tanning for the last 2 weeks, I tried to even my back out by laying on my stomach and it burned my under arms pretty bad so I haven't been really this week. Routine is mostly finished and just needs polishing, I'll be doing my routine to Linkin Park's lying away from you.

ElP- Mentally I'm still motivated but physically my body is shot, I've noticed it's becoming very difficult to get pumped in the gym and my biggest concern is that my skin has stopped healing properly.

I also need about 100mg a day of ephedrine just to function but thats also partly because I haven't had the time to really sleep lately.

Wikked- Its gonna be hard cause after this week I need to drop the myoplex's for more chicken. Then to make matters worse then I also need to drop the G-unit of hot sauce I'm using everytime I eat chicken cause of the sodium.

Oh and stacker 2s are my best friend, already taking 4/day and will probably be up to 6 by the week of the show.

ST

ElPietro
03-09-2004, 01:25 PM
100mg!?! You must have a resting heart rate of 190.

:omg:

Severed Ties
03-09-2004, 02:46 PM
LOL nah....more like 62 last time I checked. I've always needed to do a great deal of cardio to not turn into a fat a$$ so I have a RHR that would be considered dangerously low if it wasn't the result of conditioning...I think I had an RHR of 38 on my last physical.

Ry

Relentless
03-09-2004, 03:18 PM
damn, 38 is Olympian. Seriously.

Mine kicks around 58-60 without cardio and I can get it down below 50 if I run regularly

but 38 is insane.

Isaac Wilkins
03-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Have I stated lately that I hate you? Because I do.

On that note, hit me on AIM sometime. I think we could have us a discussion.

Beast
03-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Is it picture time, yet? :D

Severed Ties
03-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Cal I actually didn't know that, when I was more into distance running I would do a 15 mile run once or twice a week...my blood pressure back then was 80/40 and my doc would joke that I was actually dead but my body moved on shear force of will. I don't know if it's still that low but my RHR is pretty low for all the ephedrine I take.

Borris I would love to have the time to jump on AIM, I'm in the middle of changing jobs which has me so friggen busy I'm only averaging 4 hours of sleep a night which is killing me. My usual day consits lately of doing an hour of cardio at 2am, getting to bed at 3:15-3:30. Then getting up at 7:30am for another hour of cardio before work.
As soon as things calm down I'm sure I'll we'll catch each other.

Beast- I haven't taken pictures in way longer than I had intended so I'm not posting any befores of my fata$$ without some afters.

ST

captain piddles
03-09-2004, 11:03 PM
incredible progress buddy!
your gonna kick ass

rookiebldr
03-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Awesome!

Severed Ties
03-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks guys....if wheels win shows then I'll be alright but right now my abdominal complex is still to soft...

ST

heathj
03-10-2004, 06:49 PM
You got 3.5 weeks to make those abs knuckle thick.

Good luck!!

Severed Ties
03-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Hope so Heath..we'll see what happens.

Just to update I took a 3 day break from cardio and training...was just too burnt out. I'd get to the gym and all I could think about was leaving so I'm not sure what my bodyfat is gonna do tomorrow, I also changed my diet a bit.

Will do cardio tomorrow and start lifting again friday.

ST

Severed Ties
03-11-2004, 05:25 PM
4.3% today and bodyweight jumped back up to 155....will drop calories another 250 this week....Dropping Surge post workout as well.

ST

Severed Ties
03-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Training went much better today, didn't sleep much last night again but was able to get a nice pump when training today.

Tomorrow marks two weeks out which means it's time to unleash hell...can't wait :rolleyes:

ST

Adam
03-19-2004, 07:30 PM
How's the dieting coming?
Whats your bf% and weight at the moment?

Beast
03-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Good luck, ST. You're on your way to winning, it looks like.

Severed Ties
03-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Adam I clipped 3.8% last week at 153.

Thanks Beast, I've got some tough competition...I'm pretty sure my training partner is gonna take middleweights as he looks friggen insane. But all you can really do is come in as tight as possible and show up...whatever it is it is.

ST

Anthony
03-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Amazing progress, no wonder Adam is gonna copy the same diet! ;) Good luck at the comp!

Severed Ties
03-21-2004, 04:05 AM
Thanks Anthony...I can't wait for the comp to be over. I am actually amazed at how friggen burnt out I am. My strength took a nose dive this week...I stay sore for days on end after lifting and my legs get unbareably pumped just from running. That and I want to sleep like 12 hours a day...this totally sucks.

I should really update this thing...just been too lethargic,lol.

In all honesty I'm not doing much cardio I just don't have the energy to make it past 30 minutes per day.

Anyway diet is rough at this point.

Meals 1-5 are

6oz chicken
4oz potato

Meal 6 is

6oz of chicken.

Water is at three gallons per day.

Supps added-

Green tea and alot of it.

ST

Wu36
03-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Damn man, that's some insane progress. Most normal people are 3-4x that bf%.
Where in Nyack is this show? that's pretty damn close to me.

Thanks SP above all the training, supplements and even the drugs bodybuilding is about the proper application of nutrition. Everything can be achieved through proper dietary manipulation.

ST

And this = sigged until i'm lean enough to remove it.

Severed Ties
03-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Damn man, that's some insane progress. Most normal people are 3-4x that bf%.
Where in Nyack is this show? that's pretty damn close to me.

And this = sigged until i'm lean enough to remove it.

Thanks man, the show is being held in the south high school auditorium.

ST

Allyrulez
03-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Are you going to post a picture in the end??? I gotta see what someone with this low BF looks like...

Saint Patrick
03-21-2004, 08:49 PM
He damn well better.

Hey ST, what's your ab pinch at now?

Severed Ties
03-21-2004, 10:06 PM
Allyrulez, yeah I will have pics to post after the show, keep in mind skin calipers can only measure skin thickness. I don't think it's possible for someone natural to get below 4% bodyfat so add 4% to any measurement to give me an idea of where I really am....so I was 3.8% last week so I'm probably closer to a true 7.8%....maybe a little lower...no one really knows for sure,lol.

SP I haven't the slightest clue, I have the owner of the gym I train at pinch me cause I don't think I could accurately pinch myself let alone each week. He does 4 spots front of the bi, back of the tri, side lat, and love handle area. I had another trainer I'm friendly with check me but he did a 3 spot (chest, side of the belly button, and quad) and I came back a 1% higher than the 4 spot was measuring me. So both of them came to the concensus I'm pretty friggen lean even though I don't look it. So after dehydrating I should look real good.

I know my my midsection pinches always come back the highest but I don't keep track of the numbers, I just want to see them go down.

Still feel like crap, got hit with severe insomnia last night so I haven't slept since friday...oh fun.

ST

Saint Patrick
03-21-2004, 10:14 PM
What are your plans for carb depletion/loading?

Severed Ties
03-21-2004, 10:44 PM
This week I've completely dropped all carbs and minimized my sodium as much as humanly possible. 3 days before the show I will slowly introduce carbs back in, I notice it takes about 3 days for me to fill in from a carb depleted state. Wednesday & thursday will be approx 100grams each day, Friday will be 100 grams spread through the morning and mid day, then after I stop consuming water around 5pm I will consume another 100 grams spread through the evening.

Saturday I'm allowed unlimited amount of low GI carbs, all protein and fat is dropped. I will consume 100grams (probably from oatmeal) in the morning and bring a few pure carb meals to the pre-judgeing/weight-in. I will be consuming BCAA's and glutamine with each meal and absolutely minimal water or any fluids. This should help pull the last of any water into my muscles.

ST

Saint Patrick
03-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Saturday I'm allowed unlimited amount of low GI carbs, all protein and fat is dropped. I will consume 100grams (probably from oatmeal) in the morning and bring a few pure carb meals to the pre-judgeing/weight-in.

I was under the impression that fiber can cause some water retention/bloating.....I was planning on mid-GI stuff like rice cakes and bananas the day of my show.

You obviously know what you're doing though. Good luck @ the show, I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead.

Severed Ties
03-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Not to sure on the fiber, I figure I should have any water to bloat if deplete right,lol. I may opt for mid-GI stuff, the guy who got me sponsered by VPX swears by whole-wheat pasta so I may change my mind....then again I could just say fook it and get a glucose drip.:rolleyes:

ST

Wikked1
03-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Best of luck in the show dude! You've made some awesome progress ....sucks about the sleep...insomnia sucks....get a programming manual that'll usually have the eyes rolling back in the skull within 20 minutes! :D

Severed Ties
03-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks Bro, clipped 3.5% today so I imagine I'll be around 3.2% the day of. I dropped out all my carbs yesterday so who knows maybe I little lower.

Just got my posing trunks in the mail so I'm just about ready to go.

Got some good sleep last night...it was such a deep sleep my massive pressure in my bladder didn't wake me up so I think I literally took a 5 minute piss this morning,lol.

ST

Shark
03-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Updates??

Severed Ties
03-24-2004, 10:27 PM
3 days out, bodyfat is still somewhere in the 3's.

Feel like a zombie...constantly tired, can't seem to remember anything, joints are hurting pretty bad, getting sick of drinking water, strength is non-existant...but hell I look pretty dam good,lol.

Yesterday was my last day lifting, I honestly can't believe how much strength you lose on a competition diet. When I started getting ready for the show I would warm up with 225 for 15-18 reps...yesterday I barely got 6...guess it's all the depletion and cardio cause according to my numbers I actually gained some lean mass.

My core still looks soft comparatively but it seems more like lack of time for the skin to tighten than actual fat. Wheels are still smoking, I definitly lost some mass out of my upper body so my lower body kinda dwarfs my other. I figure it's better this way than the other way around.

All in all I feel I will look good the day of the show, had I not been out of the gym up until I decided to do a contest I could have come in much tighter. I definitly won't compete for another 6 months...there is another show in October I may do. Figure if I work hard through the summer I should come in as a middle weight.

I get clipped for the last time tomorrow, I'll post what I come back as.

ST

Shark
03-25-2004, 03:12 AM
Tell me you're going to post some pics eventually! I'm dying to see the progression. Awesome work!!

heathj
03-25-2004, 03:54 AM
good luck mofo.

Shark
03-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Bump this up for some last minute support!

Wikked1
03-26-2004, 05:17 PM
BEST of luck bro! Kick some a$$!

Adam
03-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Good luck ST!

Beast
03-26-2004, 08:17 PM
w00t! Get those pics up here, bro. :thumbup:

WillKuenzel
03-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Best of luck, ST. Have fun!

Saint Patrick
03-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Show 'em who's boss!

rookiebldr
03-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Get the job done and come back victorious. Ace it bro.

Severed Ties
03-27-2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the support all....it's like 3:00am and I've got insomnia again so I figure I'd update.

This dehydration thing sucks and rocks at the same time....sucks cause I have horrible headaches from it and am fiending for some H20 however I actually can see myself getting tighter by the hour. Weak point is still abs but I seem to lose most the water from that area so we'll see how it turns out.

Skins calipers were 3.2% yesterday so I believe I am somewhere between 6.2-7.0% actual bodyfat. Definitely not my best shape but a dam good comeback.

Applying pro-tan is by far the worst part of all this...I think I hate it more than the dieting.

I'm not sure when I'll get back here to update everyone, I'm gonna be real busy sunday blowing my face up with everything in sight,lol but I will do my best to post my results.

Thanks again for the support.

ST

Saint Patrick
03-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Applying pro-tan is by far the worst part of all this...I think I hate it more than the dieting.

How is that working for you?

Ya know it's funny. I bought 3 bottles of pro-tan, but then I decided at the last minute that I'm going to just go to a spray-on booth. Now I have 3 full bottles of the sh*t and I don't know what to do with it. Save it for a rainy day, I guess.

Good luck (again) at the show.

WillKuenzel
03-27-2004, 11:31 PM
I actually had 2 beautiful women applying my pro-tan so it was very enjoyable for me. :D

I'm sure you kicked some ass and lets have those pics. Once you finish stuffing yourself, of course. I understand somethings take priority. ;)

Wu36
03-28-2004, 02:26 PM
unnessecary bump for results/pics.

smalls
03-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Hope you did great and had a good time. Now eat.
I'm sure I speak for a lot of people who read you journal when I say, thanks for the inspiration bro.

Shark
03-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Inquiring minds want to know!! How did it go?

Severed Ties
03-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Yo All,

Show could have went better as there were a number of problems the day of. Biggest problems were with scheduling, the order the divisions were called out for the pre-judging were changed 3 times the day of of without notifying the competitors. So this lead to me returning for the pre-judging right as my division was called!!! So I literally ripped my clothes off and got on stage...no pump-up, no touch up tan, no friggen oil!....so I got crushed and placed 6th.

Night show I was a little nervous walking on stage by myself but once my music hit I got such a friggen adrenaline rush I nailed my routine 100% and even got the house to really come alive.

I was a dissipointed with my placing because of how it went down but later that night I one of the judges pulled me aside to talk to talk to me and told me that I should compete again and just be prepared cause I looked at night how I should have looked during the pre-judgeing. I was by far the biggest "lightweight" but I totally washed out under the lights during the day.

In all honesty while the low placing kinda sucked I had so much fun being on stage I definitely want to complete again. I was having such a good time by the end of the night I had forgotten all about how I placed and the severe dehydration and was just smiling. Next time though those fookers better watch out!

ST

Severed Ties
03-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Oh I've been stuffing my face non stop since saturday night and stepped on the scale this morning 20 lbs heavier than I weighted in saturday!....I don't even know how thats possible but I look so bloated today,lol.

I got some pictures on my digital cam to post that I took the night before, not sure who took what pictures the day of but I started my new job today so I probably won't be posting as much.

I'll try to get them up tomorrow though, now I need to crash.

ST

WillKuenzel
03-29-2004, 09:45 PM
That sucks about the schedule changes dude. That can make all the difference in the world. Just getting one good show under your belt and knowing what you can do will make the next one that much easier. Is there another one soon that you can do? Hopefully it'll be better run. No sense in worrying about something that was out of your hands and just poorly handled by the sponsors and such. I still bet you looked great and had you had the oppurtunity during the pre-judging, would have crushed those guys, especially if one of the judges pulled you off later about it. Get those pics developed, dude!

Severed Ties
03-29-2004, 09:51 PM
HY yeah $hit happens, but that was only the start of the things that went wrong that day. This was the first show held in my area and a first time for the main sponser. There is another in June but thats a little too soon for my liking, so I'm leaving that one up in the air and keep aiming for October.

ST