PDA

View Full Version : Need to lose 7 lbs

Livin Truth
12-10-2003, 06:57 PM
I am 18 years old and need to make weight for wrestling I weighed in tonite at 159, but today i drank wayyy to much water and ate 4 good size meals before weigh in..I need to get to 152 before next friday thats about 8 days away..I know doing this will take extreme measures and may not be safe but its a must to me. I would like any feedback possible. Thank you

fornero
12-10-2003, 07:17 PM
If you'll have enough time between weigh in and your first match to get in a decent liquid meal, you might wanna consider going low carb/keto. Do either circuit training or HIIT to deplete your muscle glycogen/water and you'll drop an incredible amount of mass (after refeeding, I can drop ~8lbs in a couple days).

Or you could go the traditional cutting route, and invest in:
1. A large case of sugar free gum (if you've ever intentionally dehydrated yourself, the term "cotton mouth" gains an entirely new meaning)
2. a rubber suit
;)

-Matt

Shark
12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Cut out all carbs from now till then and drop about 500 cals below your maintenance. You should have no problem getting down 7 pounds in 8 days.

carl
12-11-2003, 01:13 PM
or just take a small cycle of clenbuterol.

-carl

Livin Truth
12-11-2003, 05:14 PM
thank you..i have decided i am going to start cutting cals..or atleast carbs and fat, im eating mostly all protein, except for a chicken salad for lunch and my muscle milk for recovery, i am going to eat very light the day of the matches, and dehydrate my self because we have about 2-3 hrs after weigh in and in that time i can eat something like a small power bar and drink some water and gatorade to regain the hydration i need, ive lost a lb since yesterday from cardio and eating right plus im taking pills to speed up my metabolism, thank you for the comments..i appreciate it very much

WillKuenzel
12-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Watch your sodium. The less you take in the less water you'll retain. That'll help keep the weight lower.

newly_buff
12-13-2003, 06:56 AM
Are you monitoring your progress? I would like to know how you are doing.

Livin Truth
12-14-2003, 08:32 AM
i believe ive lost 3lbs so far..about 5 more to go and ive ate a few bad things lately, but i have a fat burner fresh from the border so im sure ill make it