PDA

View Full Version : Carb blockers -- do they work?

HerculesMO
12-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Hi guys,

I was thinking to trim down (i have a bit of excess fat I'd like to get rid of) is to use a carb blocker and get rid of that intake, but I don't know if they work.

I figure once I lose about 10 lbs, I start slowly back onto a balanced diet so I have energy enough to lift, and then get off the carb blockers.

Are they safe, or would you recommend something else? I'm just getting back into working out and it's kinda frustrating :|

Thanks

Max-Mex
12-11-2003, 05:10 PM
You could always not eat carbs or eat low carb. Never tried them so I can't help ya there.

HerculesMO
12-11-2003, 05:50 PM
You could always not eat carbs or eat low carb. Never tried them so I can't help ya there.
Yea I know I could, but unfortunately my family is from a part of the world that eats almost ALL carbs, so in the house there is only so much meat before I scarf it all down...

Like I said, I'm just trying to lose weight first, so I am not sure.

JTyrell710
12-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Italian?

HerculesMO
12-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Italian?
Nah, Pakistani... too much rice and ****, not enough meat :(

Shao-LiN
12-11-2003, 07:05 PM
They don't work is my initial opinion. You pretty much need protein to help either build or spare muscle, but in the end, eat less calories than you need to maintain and you lose weight.

galileo
12-12-2003, 06:49 AM
http://64.191.60.103/showthread.php?t=25567&highlight=carb+blockers

harryhoudini66
12-12-2003, 10:59 PM
I used some during Thanksgiving and about two days ago. They worked for me. I was still in Ketosis after eating large amount of bread and potatoes. It does not block sugar carbs though. Main ingredient is some stuff from Kidney Beans.

They are meant to be used occasionally.

newly_buff
12-13-2003, 05:54 AM
Yea I know I could, but unfortunately my family is from a part of the world that eats almost ALL carbs, so in the house there is only so much meat before I scarf it all down...

Like I said, I'm just trying to lose weight first, so I am not sure.

There is no easy 'fix'. Eat right (low carbs and cals) and exercise...there is NO substitute.

How old are you? Can you get better foods to eat yourself or request them if you can't?

Oh yeah, one more very important word.... willpower

Stray
12-13-2003, 06:39 AM
If you're trying to drop some weight I'd worry more about calorie intake rather than carb intake.

Don't buy into this myth that carbs are evil.

newly_buff
12-13-2003, 06:49 AM
No, carbs aren't evil, but they still need to be in moderation and not ANY kind of carb.

People want to eat a whole bag of chips or something similar :lurk: and then have a miracle cure. I know some of that is calories, but wrong kind of carb. AND too much of it. - Need slow burning carbs mostly. People need to eat right and exercise...period. :angel: IMO :D