PDA

View Full Version : My shopping list

dubliner
12-13-2003, 03:58 AM
Got money for the first time in ages so i went shopping .I can start taking my weights seriously now what do you fink of my shopping.hot or totally not

SashokNYC
12-13-2003, 02:05 PM
i prefer tuna in water instead of oil. I think its healthier too. What do you think?

Saint Patrick
12-13-2003, 03:09 PM
You bought some food. Congratulations dude.

Scott S
12-13-2003, 03:13 PM
I ate twice that for breakfast today.

Dedicated
12-13-2003, 03:20 PM
i prefer tuna in water instead of oil. I think its healthier too. What do you think?
I also prefer tuna in water.

oldDurst
12-13-2003, 06:56 PM
I ate twice that for breakfast today.

lol, so did I :strong:

dubliner
12-14-2003, 03:54 AM
im gonna eat 8 meals a day from now on.Tuna in water to me tastes like ****, not as bad as brine though.

Exnor
12-14-2003, 10:35 AM
Thats one hell of an expensive shopping trip.

A few things that I noticed on that list:

You have a lot of red meat there, if I was you I would get more lean means, like turkey and chicken breasts. For one they will lower your cholesterol/saturated fat intake and are quite a bit cheaper. Also, personally, I dont like to eat mince meat too often. Most often it's basically the left overs from the animal, getting any remaining meat from the carcus and mincing it.

You might like to consider things other than tuna. Tuna is an oily fish with a particularily high content of mercury, consuming 1-2 cans a day will probably put you over the recommended safe maximum mercury intake. I believe sardines contain a lesser amount of mercury. Ideally you do want an oily fish in your diet for the EFA (Essential Farry Acids).

If your up for spending money, a salmon steak with potatoes is a great choice for a high protein/carb meal, like as a post workout meal.

Ideally, everything you buy should have been through as little refinement as possible. Things like the Hovis wholemeal and your honey roast ham are not ideal. Hovis wholemeal bread is good, but not nearly as good as freshly baked granary bread from Sainsburys' bakery. Problem with buying fresh bread is that it goes off very quickly, so you'd have to buy some every couple of days. As I say, its idealistic.

My 2 pence ;)

dubliner
12-15-2003, 01:31 PM
cheers for the advice bro, that hovis breads pretty ****, watery crap.Im gonna get some turkey breasts next time ,thanks.iTS hard eating so much its like a full time job i have to time when i next eat!