PDA

View Full Version : Beer Question....

Mic Soloist
12-13-2003, 10:41 AM
I am bulking. I ate ok food wise yesterday, but I didn't eat much, and then I drank 7 beers. I just got up and I feel fine. I feel like I can eat my normal meals today without any stomach sickness or anything.

I know beer is supposed to interfere with protein intake. My question is, should I just have a cheat day today or eat my normal levels of protein and my normal calories??? Will the beer from last night mess up my protein intake enough to make it pointless to eat tons of protein?

In other words, what should I do?

-mic-

fornero
12-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Assuming it's been at least 7 hours since your last beer, I'd imagine it's all been metabolised by now.

I don't see why you'd want to have a cheat day today due to drinking yesterday. If anything, I'd consider yesterday a cheat and make sure to eat clean today.

Jasonl
12-13-2003, 11:58 AM
Assuming it's been at least 7 hours since your last beer, I'd imagine it's all been metabolised by now.

I don't see why you'd want to have a cheat day today due to drinking yesterday. If anything, I'd consider yesterday a cheat and make sure to eat clean today.
i agree with that, also.

defcon
12-13-2003, 12:43 PM
:nod: Eat Clean. Dun Drink! be Fit!

Berserker
12-13-2003, 03:49 PM
I can guarantee you that you will use the protein use eat today. I would just eat normally today.

AstronautJones
12-13-2003, 07:32 PM
If you're bulking, everyday should be a cheat day.

Tank23
12-13-2003, 09:03 PM
I don't agree with you there Astronaut. Bulking is just an excuse to pig out. Even when bulking you should still eat clean.

Saint Patrick
12-14-2003, 02:17 AM
Even when bulking you should still eat clean.

If you want to minimize fat gain, then yes. There are two schools of thought on this.

I somewhat agree w/ AJ, in the sense that the foods you eat while bulking can be more liberal than when cutting.

I just finished a 40lb bulk and I had no qualms about eating subway, thai food, mexican food, and just about anything else I could get my hands on.

The only no-no's are fast food and candy IMO.

AstronautJones
12-14-2003, 02:49 AM
My mistake, I was thinking of how I bulk: Anything I can get my hands on except for fast food and soda.

Honestly, I've tried to do a "clean" bulk, and to tell you the truth I just cannot get in enough calories when I'm eating that clean. But I suppose I have what most would call a fast metabolism, so eating liberal foods doesn't hurt.

Saint Patrick
12-14-2003, 09:48 PM
w3rd.

drew
12-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Beer is good. Mmmmm

Berserker
12-15-2003, 06:24 PM
I think it depends on your metabolism. I have to moderate or I get fat. It doesn;t take much for me to gain weight.

Tank23
12-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeh I agree Berserker. I have absolutely no problems getting all my calories in on a bulk, whereas with Astronaut it's the opposite. Hence our differing opinions on how to bulk :)