PDA

View Full Version : How to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time

samiam5
12-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Hi guys, how is everyone doing? I have a couple of questions here, one is that is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time because I really need to lose my lovehandles and gain some muscle as well. This guy told me to do 20 minutes of hard cardio on the threadmill for 20 minutes after each workout except when working on legs. The second question is how long and when should i do abs.How many reps, sets, etc., Thanx in adavnce ;)

JeffWillConquer
12-14-2003, 06:03 PM
I am understand that is it VERY VERY RARE but possible for beginners. What is your weight right now? As your body shapes itself when you bulk you will most likely lose the large appearance of love handles as they are tightening and everything is growing along with them. Therefore, I would bulk. On the other hand, if you are obese you should cut a bit and worry about muscle later trying to keep what you have. Cardio can be a wonderful thing if done right. I would suggest HIIT for you. High intensity Interval training. I don't have the link, but run the search on it and you'll find plenty. Abs are different for everybody. You will get a lot of ab work doing squats and other compound excersizes, so a lot of ab work isn't nessecary(sp?). Every three days or so, but not every day as that is overtraining. Try weighted crunches for 3 sets of 20. Works well for me. Hope I helped you, good luck. Read around here and you can learn a lot before making another post, I sure have.

Saint Patrick
12-14-2003, 09:47 PM
is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time because I really need to lose my lovehandles and gain some muscle as well.

Focus one one, and then the other.