PDA

View Full Version : sling on bench problem

synthetic
12-16-2003, 03:24 PM
i missing my lifts due to the fact my leg drive is pushing me back and i hit the pegs when i go back up. how can i correct this problem? :confused:

Chris Rodgers
12-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Are you saying your body is moving or just the bar is shooting back??

Adam
12-16-2003, 04:19 PM
When you lay down on the bench make sure that your squeezing your shoulder blades together.

synthetic
12-16-2003, 04:28 PM
body

Chris Rodgers
12-16-2003, 04:33 PM
You should not slide on the bench. Try and get your traps to dig into the bench and pull your shoulders back tight!!! Keep them this way through the whole lift. Not only does this shorten your ROM, but it keeps you tight on the bench. I usually have one of my training partners put chalk on my upper back as well.

benchmonster
12-18-2003, 07:38 AM
Are you coated with baby oil when you bench or something? If you have 275 in your hands, plus your bodyweight pressing into the pad, you should not be sliding around, unless you are on a teflon bench or you just got out of a hot tub filled with astroglide.

Leg drive is all well and good, but it should not be lifting your ass off the bench (common problem) or causing you to slide your body around on the bench. Stability is the big key to big benching, IMHO. Got to get into a rock solid position and stay there.

Try tucking your feet more. Get the feet as close to your head as possible, this allows a greater arch and makes it next to impossible to raise your butt, which is a sure fire way to get a red light, and should also eliminate yous sliding problem.

B.