PDA

View Full Version : Bad weekend eating habits...

bentkarnes
12-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Almost every weekend my friends come up to visit me. While they are here I consume about 30 beer and 2 pizza's and maybe a buffet or 2, plus odd eating times and definitly 2-3 LARGE meals apossed to my usual 5-6 smal meals. I am currently bulking and working out 3 days a week with no cardio, I'm one of those skinny guys, WAS 156lbs 6'2", I'm up to 164lbs now. I maintain a very good eating habit 5 days of the week, but is this weekend habit of mine hurting me? Im sure it isnt that bad, considering I'm buling, but Im looking for any advice from people who have this problem to. I'm 20 years old, and go to college, so dont waste your breath telling me to cut down on the beer, it'll just go in one ear and out the other. On another note, I have this habit of weighing myself like 5 times a day, whenever I can, and my weight flucuates ALOT. Anywhere from 3-4lbs. This normal? I know morn/night my weight will be diff, but 4 lbs? Anyway, any help would be great, thx guys.

harryhoudini66
12-16-2003, 08:37 PM
That sounds pretty bad. Although, I think you should always treat yourself to a cheat day. Check out the sticky on top for info.

This is my second attempt at bodybuilding. During my first tour, I was cheating like crazy on weekends. I think this helped me more then hurt me. It made me be 100% focused during the week because I knew that come Saturday and Sunday, I could eat what I want. At my peak, I was at a muscular 175. I do not know how much of it to credit to newbie gains though.

BTW, since you are new I really recommend using the search option. Many times the questions you have have been asked before many times. I am down for immediate gratification, but when it comes to your body, the more you know, the better decisions you make.

Saint Patrick
12-17-2003, 12:04 AM
my weight flucuates ALOT. Anywhere from 3-4lbs. This normal? I know morn/night my weight will be diff, but 4 lbs? Anyway, any help would be great, thx guys.

That's pretty normal actually.

thetopdog
12-17-2003, 12:58 AM
I can't see it hurting that much, the beer is probably the worst thing as far as your physique is concerned, because you don't want to get a beer belly, besides that, chow down

flake
12-17-2003, 12:03 PM
lol, trust me I know what you mean!

The key is to make sure your week - mon-fri - is perfect, training & diet wise. Then binge on the weekends but still try to get in something every 3 hours or so, either by a shake or a bar - I've found detour bars easy enough to stash in a bag or pocket.

Sure you wont be making as good a progress than being loyal 7 days a week but its the best of both worlds.

Party Onnnnnnn!!!!!

Shark
12-17-2003, 08:29 PM
I will fluctuate anywhere between 2-10 pounds in a day so your 3-4 is nothing to be concerned with. I also am a paranoid scale user so i simply made the rule that I am only allowed to weigh myself once a week... monday morning after the bathroom before breakfast. I figure that's probably my bodies most acurate time to be weighed.