PDA

View Full Version : eating carbs when bulking

matrix5089
12-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Should i be eating alot of carbs when bulking. Ive been bulking right now and it seems to take alot of calories a day to get me to gain a pound a week wich is what im shooting for i am currently 5'11" 158.Ive been reading some of the older threads and they seem to say to stay away from the carbs eating lots of meats i get enough protein between the meats i eat and my protein drinks and i just want to know what i should fill the rest of my diet with. Like i said it takes alot for me to gain. My bulking diet seems to consist of alot of carbs taking up about 50% of my diet 30% from protien thats getting over my gram per pound and 20% from fats. Also whats the diference between mono, sat, and poly, fats. Thanx for your help

Big & Tall
12-18-2003, 10:36 PM
That't quite a few questions there.

As far as a bulking diet goes, calorie level is most important--make sure you get over maintenance. Ratios are something you will have to experiment with; some people gain better on more carbs, some just get fat. Personally, I've been doing well eating well over 1 g/lb protein, actually pushing 2g/lb, with only about 0.5g/lb carbs, but that may not work for you. Try going to www.t-mag.com and searching for 'massive eating' there are a couple of good diet articles.

For fat, I don't know the scientific differences, but mono and polyunsaturated fats are generally 'good' and you want plenty of these in your diet, including fish, nuts, and olive oil. Saturated fat is generally 'bad' and should be minimized--beyond that I don't really know much, although I think one of the stickies has some info on this.

Holto
12-19-2003, 04:18 PM
do a google search for polyunsaturates

they are the source of the two EFA's

WillKuenzel
12-19-2003, 05:10 PM
High carbs, low fat for bulking.

High fat, low carbs for cutting. That's what's worked for me so far.

Saint Patrick
12-19-2003, 09:58 PM
High carbs, low fat for bulking.

High fat, low carbs for cutting. That's what's worked for me so far.

:withstupi

bradley
12-20-2003, 04:21 AM
Also whats the diference between mono, sat, and poly, fats. Thanx for your help

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=61