PDA

View Full Version : New image done this week

furious
12-19-2003, 02:32 AM
Hey,

Here is a new bodyshot I did on monday. All opinions and critiques on my current physical condition greatly appreciated.

defcon
12-19-2003, 05:32 AM
Nice BF%.. But Pls Do Squats.. and bulk :) unless you dun wannabebig, then you my promptly leae the site :D ( joking! ).

But yeah.. upper body = nice, lower body needs sum work.

Maroon
12-19-2003, 08:34 AM
Nice job. Your upper body looks fine (have the Men's Health cover model look); however, I would recommend putting some meat on your legs (squats, leg extensions and curls, deadlifts. Having muscular legs will add to whatever you're trying to accomplish (which I infer is to be a model).

Maroon

Herc
12-19-2003, 10:45 AM
As stated you need to bring your legs up a level in development to match your upper body. As far as the poll goes, however re: the picture my issue is with the composition. Your weakest part is centered in the photo so it makes it look even worse. A quick recrop brings the attention to your face and upperbody. or even a closer crop leving your legs in, but removing the weight of all that wall above your feet make for a better shot IMO

furious
12-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Hey,

I agree it showcases the discrepency in size between my legs and upper body, however my booker told me to stop working my legs as strange as that sounds. Some body parts are considered "overdeveloped" or bulky when worked out, which is why he told me leg press, squats, deadlifts are a no no for a working model, which shocked me. I dont work my legs at all at the moment, and it shows, but there is actually a motive behind my madness here.

Herc
12-19-2003, 10:58 AM
I would agree that "big legs" are not going to be accepted in the mainstream modeling industry, however defined legs are still a must. The issue in this pic is that your legs (especially the bent one) are coming out smooth, and therefore looking weak. Check out the crops I did also, while not high art it is a trick to move the eye around a photo.

Regardless, your upperbody condition is looking great.

:thumbup:

Maroon
12-19-2003, 01:12 PM
That's rather strange that the booker would say such. I would think that they would want to have legs with good muscular separation (the tear drop look). I agree, however, that if you're going into modeling you don't need the buffy leg look, but you don't want your legs coming across as too smooth and lacking any development either.

Maroon

Behemoth
12-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Who else is tired of seeing men model on this site?

I wish we could keep this section more bodybuilding oriented; I hate coming into threads like this.

Saint Patrick
12-19-2003, 02:43 PM
I voted average. The upper body is decent, but the lower is below average, so I split the difference.

That's an opinion as a BB'er though, and not a model.

Kingair
12-19-2003, 02:55 PM
I voted good - definition is sharp and proportion is good but if he works his legs and butt it would match the rest of the body more completely. I wish I had his abs.

harryhoudini66
12-20-2003, 03:16 AM
I would agree that "big legs" are not going to be accepted in the mainstream modeling industry, however defined legs are still a must. The issue in this pic is that your legs (especially the bent one) are coming out smooth, and therefore looking weak. Check out the crops I did also, while not high art it is a trick to move the eye around a photo.

Regardless, your upperbody condition is looking great.

:thumbup:

Yeah, I agree in every single point. The legs are lagging way behind and lack any type of definition. Other then that, you look awesome.

Reinier
12-20-2003, 03:35 AM
Also do you have a bit of gyno?

Reinier
12-20-2003, 03:35 AM
Who else is tired of seeing men model on this site?

I wish we could keep this section more bodybuilding oriented; I hate coming into threads like this.

Somebody not comfortable with his sexuality maybe then

galileo
12-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Also do you have a bit of gyno?
I noticed that as well, but I didn't want to make him uncomfortable. Go Reiner!

-TIM-
12-20-2003, 08:58 AM
The difference between your legs and upper body is overwhelming. Like Herc said, there's not even definition.

Aren't you models supposed to shave your legs?

steveo
12-20-2003, 09:49 AM
I think that you can still workout your legs and not get too big. it seem like your legs are smoother than your upper body. If you gain some size on your legs and cut to make them look cut they might look a lot better yet not too big.

Upper body looks good though.

Behemoth
12-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Somebody not comfortable with his sexuality maybe then

Say what you will, I know where I stand.

All that I'm saying is if he wants bodybuilding critique, he should perhaps try a bodybuilding pose. If he wants modeling critique, I'm sure his pose would do fine.

Furious: Upper body is defined. Legs need some work, but nothing that can't easily be brought up to par.

One more thing. Kingair, proportion is when all the body flows together. And you wouldn't really say any parts lagging. Not to bag on furious, but from a bodybuilding prespective his proportion needs much work.
Perhaps you meant symetry (side to side equality).

agent1225
12-26-2003, 03:49 PM
hey whats up furious. your training and pics have inspired me to get bigger. Im 6'0" and fluctuate from 175-183 lbs at any given time. It's def. time to start living a healthier lifestyle. My max weight ever was 200 lbs and my min weight was 160 lbs. I must say that your body is much more toned than toby mcguire in the movie spiderman and ed norton in american history x which is impressive. I am going to try your diet and workout, but before I begin, I would like to mention that I am taking ripped fuel cut for definition) and mega men vitamins to start off with. I plan to purchase the supplements you have used. I am also considering pro peptide or pro mr. could you give me any advice or tips i should consider?

Thanks

steveo
12-27-2003, 01:43 AM
hey whats up furious. your training and pics have inspired me to get bigger. Im 6'0" and fluctuate from 175-183 lbs at any given time. It's def. time to start living a healthier lifestyle. My max weight ever was 200 lbs and my min weight was 160 lbs. I must say that your body is much more toned than toby mcguire in the movie spiderman and ed norton in american history x which is impressive. I am going to try your diet and workout, but before I begin, I would like to mention that I am taking ripped fuel cut for definition) and mega men vitamins to start off with. I plan to purchase the supplements you have used. I am also considering pro peptide or pro mr. could you give me any advice or tips i should consider?

Thanks
Be yourself

Saint Patrick
12-27-2003, 03:08 AM
Be yourself

Totally. Just because you eat & train like him, doesn't mean you'll look like him.

harryhoudini66
12-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Leave him alone guys. Some people are leaders and others are followers. Do not mess with nature.