PDA

View Full Version : Protein?

TheShadowPrince
12-23-2003, 07:28 AM
I know this is probably a question with an easy answer, but I never really asked around and just kind of accepted the facts as they were.. Is there anything wrong with having too much protein in my diet? I mean, will it somehow affect me in the long run?

HANSEL
12-23-2003, 11:03 AM
nope, not unless you are pre-disposed for kidney problems.

If depends on how your body processes it, if your body retains too much nitrogen and your Blood Urea Nitrogen to Creatinine ratios become out of whack your liver and kidneys can be affected, but the conditions for that have to be just right. Protein is very healthy and in most cases is actually good for your organs. Just drink plenty of water and youll be fine.

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 11:40 AM
It can make for some interesting smells.

TrevorN
12-23-2003, 05:51 PM
try and take 1g per pound of bodyweight per day.

Including foods and or protein shakes

TheShadowPrince
12-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Thanks everyone!
:strong:

Wedge
12-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Bro, my daily food intake consist of 380 grams of protien and 90 grams of carbs and roughly 2850 calories. I do get all my essential fats per day also. I'm a 190 lbs fella at 10 to 11 % BF,, and that amount of calories is about normal to hold myself at that bodyweight. I stay fairly lean and have never had any medical problems due to high amounts of protein intakes. When I bulk, I can get as much as 600 grams of protein in a day. But I'm not all natural either so I can get alot of use out of that much protein. Most naturals won't need that much.

trwebb26
12-29-2003, 11:42 AM
When I bulk, I can get as much as 600 grams of protein in a day.

Dude... I hate to call you on this one, but the Bullsh*t meter is off the scale. Exactly what do you eat to get 600 grams of protein in a day?

Holto
12-29-2003, 10:05 PM
I'd like to see that mealplan also

TheShadowPrince
12-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Same here.. but then again, im still kinda new to all of this :angel:

Also, another quick question onto this..

Im 6'3", 245lbs, about 14-15% body fat. I Weight-lift, I guess im pretty muscular. (im gonna stop weight-lifting for a while though..) Im trying to cut, what would be a good amount of calories to have per day when cutting? I guessed somewhere around 2500.. but I dunno, what do you guys say? Also, what would be the best way for me to lose weight? (exercise-wise/technique-wise).

Thx!

Saint Patrick
12-29-2003, 10:38 PM
I guess im pretty muscular. (im gonna stop weight-lifting for a while though..) Im trying to cut, what would be a good amount of calories to have per day when cutting?

Why on earth would you stop lifting? That's the #1 way to lose muscle during a cut.

TheShadowPrince
12-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Actually, I wouldnt wanna stop weight-lifting.. but I wish to stop bulking up cuz even though I am not gaining too much weight (fat-wise), I am getting bigger and people therefore think I am gaining fat where-as I am pretty much the only one that knows that I am gaining muscle. I figured I should cut a bit first, before trying to bulk up properly.. seeing that I am quite disappointed with my eating habits and weight-gain (im guessing that I didnt gain 40lbs of muscle in 6 months for light-weightlifting :cry: ... I wish though, lol. :drooling: ). I can see that I got alot chubbier and stuff. But.. I just read over it again.. Weight-lifting while dieting and running alot more often will make my muscles grow smaller? Wha? ... *boggles*