PDA

View Full Version : Society's jealousy of people who train

littleman69
09-18-2001, 02:17 PM
People are very jealous. When I walk out the gym with my friends, we overhear comments like "too much muscle" "nasty" "these guys think they are better than us with those muscles." B-L-O-W M-E !!
I was going to order chinese and I was walking down the street, and the chinese clerk was eyeballing me. He refused service because "we are not a good breed." To piss him off, I ordered food from his competitor next door. Indeed, I am not of a good breed.

How do you manage and deal with jealousy? Personally I don't lift for the attention, as most teens would do. I train to look good , and because that makes me happy - which is not the same. Now, ppl think I crave attention and I am "tottally self centered." This is really untrue.

Fill me in bros.

syntekz
09-18-2001, 02:19 PM
Hrmm.. I've never had comments like that from anyone. When I used to go to school I'd have people say, "Hey, You've gotten bigger!" But, nothing negative. And no one has ever said I look gross. I'm not even near looking "gross." ( What people consider gross, pro bodybuilders ). And, personally, I don't think anyone on this board is either.

littleman69
09-18-2001, 02:25 PM
Many MANY people think vascularity by itself is nasty. Most chicks at my school just don't dig veins. They think they're disgusting.
Also when you're walking up a flight of stairs and they see your abnormally large calves , it's a shock and rather brutal looking for someone who has never even seen a BB before.

Of course, from well meaning ppl I get compliments. School started a month ago and I still get compliments daily. But also **** is talked , almost daily.

Kazuki
09-18-2001, 02:32 PM
It comes with the territory. Even cheerleaders who have smooth, tan legs... short skirts... luscious little thig -- uhm, you get the point. Even they catch grief.

nejar462
09-18-2001, 02:34 PM
Yeah, most of the people say wow you've gotten really huge bro, and i say yeah thanks ive been weight training lately, and they're like awesome bro, keep it up, and im like yeah, if you ever wanna train just ask me

Tryska
09-18-2001, 02:35 PM
*lol*.

I'm gonna have to go with MA on this one. hrrmmm.

syntekz
09-18-2001, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
*lol*.

I'm gonna have to go with MA on this one. hrrmmm.

Thank you.

:confused:

chris mason
09-18-2001, 05:24 PM
I think these thoughts are your own, not those of others. I am a tad larger than you and have friends who are larger still, and we have not been the recipients of this form of societal predjudice that seems to plague your 180 lb physique:confused: . Now, I am not trying to belittle your progress, by all accounts it is quite good! I am also not trying to be mean spirited, but I think you may be a bit paranoid about the issue. I think you may want to reconsider your perceptions of the world with respect to this issue.

Orange357
09-18-2001, 05:48 PM
In my experience nobady fucks with the guy with muscles.

DaChickenShowYo
09-18-2001, 05:49 PM
I don't think you have experienced that problem yet. Other's may have, personally its never happened to me, but yes I do think that people are jealous of lifters, because they don't have the dedication or guts to do it themself.

Mystic Eric
09-18-2001, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by MuscleAuthority
Hrmm.. I've never had comments like that from anyone. When I used to go to school I'd have people say, "Hey, You've gotten bigger!" But, nothing negative. And no one has ever said I look gross. I'm not even near looking "gross." ( What people consider gross, pro bodybuilders ). And, personally, I don't think anyone on this board is either.

uhh, there are some guys on this board that are pretty damn big..
the ones that come to mind are gino, yates, ronan, and some guy who's name starts with a "C" i don't remember it though ;)

Maki Riddington
09-18-2001, 06:10 PM
At a 180 pounds and a average BF% I really can't see how people could hate on you?

Kazuki
09-18-2001, 06:18 PM
You ... You Monster! How big are the guns? 13.5?

Maddog
09-18-2001, 06:25 PM
I've actually had negative comments from a close friend of mine that has known me since my 150 pound days. This is the only instance. He says why waist your time in the gym and calling me Egor and $hit like that. I really don't give a $hit but it does happen sometimes.

Accipiter
09-18-2001, 06:29 PM
I go to college, so the guys in my dorm are pretty supportive, a few of em workout so they know what's up. ain't heard negative yet, but I wear real baggy clothes, so no one knows how big I am.

syntekz
09-18-2001, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by the terminator

the ones that come to mind are gino, yates, ronan, and some guy who's name starts with a "C" i don't remember it though ;)

Oh, I totally agree with you there. There are some big guys who are looking great, but I don't think they compare to the guys that you'd find on the pro curcuit. The guys you see in magazines, the guys that most of society thinks of when they think of "bodybuilder." Guys with veins where they probably shouldn't be, and muscle where people have never seen muscle before. LOL.

Tryska
09-18-2001, 06:52 PM
well anyways....i'm glad somebody said what i was thinking. *lol*

heathj
09-18-2001, 06:53 PM
Umm....Ronan is a pro isn't he?

Taras
09-18-2001, 06:59 PM
I was in a health food/supplement store recently, waiting at the counter to pay for my order. There was a middle age couple in front of me buying some vitamins or something. Neither one of them looked like they could deadlift more than 50 lbs. There were some photos behind the counter of some competitors from a local natural BB competition. The woman was looking at them and making all the standard comments. "Those people look so disgusting. Look at that guy. You can actually see all his muscles through his skin, and they're sticking out all over. That's just so ugly. ..." Finally, the woman behind the counter said to her, "That's my son," (which it was) "and I'm very proud of him." Not even that shut her up. So the moral of the story is just ignore people like that.

On the other hand, if you walk around wearing tank tops that are two sizes too small and Spandex shorts, you're asking for negative comments.

heathj
09-18-2001, 07:08 PM
littleman, I am jealous of your humongous body.

Tryska
09-18-2001, 07:08 PM
perhaps I live on Mars.......i've never actually seen anyone laughed at or dissed for being Hyooge. But they will get comments like.."damn..that's a big'un." or "now that's a fine strappin' buck." *lol*

or perhaps...i pay no attention.

Kazuki
09-18-2001, 07:09 PM
:eek: Was that really neccessary?

heathj
09-18-2001, 07:10 PM
Yes.

Shmoo
09-18-2001, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by heathj
Yes.

LMFAO:)

HK
09-18-2001, 07:28 PM
Frankly it's very likely your imagination.

09-18-2001, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
well anyways....i'm glad somebody said what i was thinking. *lol*

haha trsyk I was the same as you. I was gonna post a reply but then I thought of that saying "if you got nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all." lol :D

Chris Rodgers
09-18-2001, 08:23 PM
Littleman- No offense, but either this is all in your head or you live in a town full of skinny biatches!

I am not big myself, but I have seen your pics. The only type of guys I think would get comments like that from this board would be Yates, Chris, Ronan, Gino, Maddog and maybe a few others.

You are a strange character.

heathj
09-18-2001, 09:47 PM
Me.

littleman69
09-19-2001, 12:13 AM
ok my guns are a whooping 14.5'. Chest 43.5 Quads 25. Don't diss ! lol
The comments i got was when I walked out the gym. I got them from people that are looking to get "toned." You know the kind, lifting 20 reps in the smith machine to get that toned and vascular look. Even though I'm not much, I'm short as hell (5'5) and that makes me look twice as big as if i were 6'2. I got a "disproportionate back" comment from a gay spandex wearing couple.

But to tell you the truth, I like negative comments. It's not my imagination , obviously. As with anything in life, I believe ppl get jealous when you succeed or are better than them at anything. Obviously there are always the ones there to support you, but jealousy is always there. For example, my dad got a porsche. It is now full of scratches from ppl that were jealous and just grabbed a key and slid it through the car. Why? Cuz they feel they aint good nuff to get a friggin porsche , and they feel jealous. So, they attempt to destroy and discourage those doing better than them.

MO bros

big
09-19-2001, 01:43 AM
I agree, people suck! :mad:

YatesNightBlade
09-19-2001, 02:26 AM
ROFLMAO @ Latty.

It all depends how you carry it Littleman. Some guys who are under 200 pounds walk like there carrying ten rolls of carpets under their arms and they have a turd in their pants. They then get the p!ss taken out of them for looking like tw@ts.

I mainly get complements, but I do get the ocassional Steroid comment, which does p!ss me off. These kinda comments normally come from people who are bitter and jealous and like to think "they could be my size if they took what I was taking." All the hard work means nothing to them, it becomes transparent. Now that p!sses me off.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-19-2001, 06:50 AM
I don;t like any vascularity past my hands, forearms and biceps.

I find vein anywhere else that are visible quite nasty personally, although i got them on my back.

Kazuki
09-19-2001, 07:05 AM
At the risk of sounding discouraging, if your chest is 43" you have really fat nipples.

syntekz
09-19-2001, 07:22 AM
Man you must have a bunch of rude/gutsy people that go to your gym. No one would make comments like that at my gym. People are "nice" there, eh?

littleman69
09-19-2001, 08:20 AM
no that's too bad, i dont have fat nipples. I measured, but the chest was obviously flexed. I measured with chest + lats. if this measurement sounds superhuman, well, then Im measuring wrong. I measure a bit above my nipple and around, both lats and chest flexed.

big
09-19-2001, 09:43 AM
I think the correct way is not to flex and arms hanging by your side. But im fat and weak so what do I know.

Rock
09-19-2001, 10:50 AM
I dont want to brag or I am not saying that I am stronger than anyone here, but I am quite big for my age and many people seem to find that disturbing. I have gotten in fights because of some guys screaming stuff about steroids in the school yard(cenaturion, that were some fine days) but mainly I get it from the instructors at my gym, "joking" about it.
I was brought to the gym respetion to set a date for a drug-test, I didnt know it was a joke and it was scary as hell, because the instructor was calling a socalled expert on testing.
But later I talked to my dad about it and he explained to me that I have rights and that they cant test me with out him agreeing, that was very good to hear.
I hate drugs, but I was afraid this expert would fake my test so it would look like I used roids.
Man I was scared shitless.

I often pose between sets, doing all sorts of poses befront of everybody, and I guess they think I am on drugs for not hiding my self.

syntekz
09-19-2001, 10:57 AM
Where's the pictures at rock? Release this beast kid.

Tryska
09-19-2001, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Avatar

haha trsyk I was the same as you. I was gonna post a reply but then I thought of that saying "if you got nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all." lol :D

*lol* sometimes you just have to thank god, that there are people out there who were apparently raised by wolves.

Chris Rodgers
09-19-2001, 11:37 AM
*howls*

Gyno Rhino
09-19-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by the terminator

Why am I not on that list???!?!?!?!

Tryska
09-19-2001, 12:05 PM
the mullet doesn't work in your favor, guy. it overwhelms your size.

Rock
09-19-2001, 12:34 PM
I think society knows to little about bodybuilders, maybe we should try learning out as much as we can.

nejar462
09-19-2001, 12:52 PM
haha, hey rock, the reason they don't know a lot is because they don't care, look at it this way, do you think you know a lot about people who play golf, enough so that it satisfies them? Or do you think you know as much as people who like cars? enough to satisfy them? What would happen if they tried to teach you? Would you learn diligently, or would you say, "I don't give a sh*t about golf, go talk to your putter"?

heathj
09-19-2001, 02:43 PM
I ain't raised by no damn wolves. *Smack

alptraum
09-19-2001, 03:38 PM
Prehaps it depends on where you live. Down here in Arizona, I don't think anybody would get any **** for being huge. Same goes for SoCal and Miami etc

Jane
09-19-2001, 04:16 PM
This reminds of me of when my sedentary, overworked mom sees people jogging in the street. I think this probably happens to a lot of people, when they are driving to work or something and see a jogger. They either:

a. say "if only I had more time, I would go too..."
b. say "i'll jog today, really, i will" and never do
c. say "i remember I used to run too...so what if it was ten years ago..."
d. say "damn runners" and "accidently" almost run them over

Sometimes people are jealous, imo. Devoting yourself to any sport takes tremendous dedication and effort. Not everyone can do it.

greg kaiser
09-19-2001, 04:34 PM
Yeah I get laughed at at school sometimes when I pull out my chocolate protien shake in the middle of class and start chugging or when i bring a can of tuna and eat it for lunch. But when people laugh I just laugh back at them because they are pathetic with their big heads and skinny bodys with no traps.

Most of the people at my school have pathetic physiques. I dont know how it is possibe to even get any when you look like that. I mean, I certainly am not huge at 5,10'' 165, but if I were 90% of the people in my school I would be embarassed to take off my shirt not only in public but in private. I would take a shower with a shirt on.

Tryska
09-19-2001, 04:41 PM
you know jane..that reminds me...I was telling someone my usual workout routine, and their jaw dropped. I was actually puzzled by that, because really it amounts to at most an hour a day....wierd.

but the whole "i wish i had time for that" comment always irritates me......if you want anything bad enough, you will commit to it, if you don't commit, no bitching and whining and moaning about how much your life sucks. i don't wanna hear it.

greg kaiser
09-19-2001, 04:57 PM
Im not even going to talk about my freaking parents. Just yesterday my mom told me that aunt sharon says that eating too much protien can hurt my kidneys. Unbelievable. They think they know it all when the truth is they dont know ****. I just laughed at her when she said that and walked out the door sitll laughing. When I got home from school she was eating an omlet, I grabbed it from her and was like "mom your going to die!" My grandfather was there and he was like, "Greg, you think you know it all, well maybe if you would listen to somone who knows what they are talking about (like aunt sharon who delivers mail) than maybe you wont hurt your self." I started laughing again.

They are so damn nosey, and my parents wonder why I never talk to them. I cant wait till I go to college. Ill be far far away.

Its not my job to explain to them why I need to eat protien. One time they started asking me a bunch of questions though, and then I got all technical with it (I recited some article about EFAS off some website) using all these big words just to make sure they'ed have no idea what the hell I was talking about.

"ummm son slow down what are progestiglandins again" they knew I was bieng smart with them, but it was funny because I really made them look stupid. Now they feel dumb, as they should for sitcking thier nose in my business.

Jane
09-19-2001, 05:07 PM
aahahaaha

I love big words. :D

Jane
09-19-2001, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Bob_Knight
Im not even going to talk about my freaking parents.

Hrm...so, let me get this straight, you're not?

why not???

:D

chris mason
09-19-2001, 05:31 PM
Bob, sounds to me like you have loving relatives who are concerned about your welfare. They may not be 100% correct, but they are not as far off as you think, and at least they care. Typical teen angst. One day you will wish you had your parents around, so be a smart guy and appreciate the time you have with them now.

Maki Riddington
09-19-2001, 06:04 PM
Gee, if only I listened to my elders when I was a teenager. Would have made me a smart guy.

I couldn't agree more with Chris.

Gyno Rhino
09-19-2001, 06:25 PM
I still wanna know why I'm not considered big. It's the tiny penis, isn't it? GOD, I tried working it, but the "penis farmer's walk" didn't work out. Maybe I should try some of those dick deadlifts that Chris and Cobra do?

Alex.V
09-19-2001, 06:42 PM
s'okay gyno. It's all right man.

There there.

*pat pat*

DaChickenShowYo
09-19-2001, 07:06 PM
Resurect the MAMMOTH!

Hmm does anyone here remember that anyway?

Chris Rodgers
09-19-2001, 08:07 PM
Bob- I bet your parents can't wait until you go away to college. ;)

syntekz
09-19-2001, 08:11 PM
1.) I can relate to you Bob about the protein shakes. Last year in school. I'd mix my shakes in class and I got all kinds of looks. I would have been doing the same thing though if I wasn't the one with the shake. It was all junky, stinky, and tasted like crap.

2.) You will one day realize what your parents are worth; just like the others have said. I think all parents may pry into your business where you don't want them to. But that's part of being a parent; you'll probably do the same thing when you have kids.

I've realised how much my parents mean to me just because of so many times I've had to fall back on them for support in situations. And they have always been there NO MATTER what it is.

Just think, before you know it you will have to be paying for your own food, clothing, "shelter," etc. Juice it while you can.

greg kaiser
09-19-2001, 08:22 PM
Yeah the protien shake thing is complete BS. I try and use a funnel to stick it in a water bottle (before shcool) than all I got to do is fill it up. It is still a pain in the ass to do. It sticks in the bottom of the bottle alll the time.

My parents are too nosey. Im a good kid, i dont use drugs or smoke. Every once in a while I like to enjoy a little cooter, but who doesn't. They really piss me off. Cant wait till college.

Darcy Tucker
09-19-2001, 09:45 PM
Some of you guys are dissapointing me. You guys wonder why bodybuilders get bad reps. They are usually stereotyped as big headed and cocky. Bob you are part of the problem talking all that sh!t about kids with ugly bodies at your school. Who gives a sh!t about them. Learn to love the sport for what it is. I really hate it when people talk crap about other peoples bodies and take working out to seriously. Not the lifting part but the egotisticall aspect of it.

syntekz
09-19-2001, 09:47 PM
*claps for a very LONG time*

- A point I tried to make earlier today.

W8_4_Me
09-20-2001, 05:28 AM
It's been the exact opposite for me.

The better my condition, the better I am treated. By everyone. By servers at restaurants, clerks at stores, the people at the convenience store, the folks that live in my community...

Society in general tends to treat people who are fit with much more cordiality than those who are not.

LittleMan- You are just what your name implies. If you are getting comments like that from people, then I'd be willing to bet that you act like you are big and you strut around like a peacock. The gyms are filled with people like that. They walk around holding their arms out from their bodies as if they had huge lats, but, alas... no lats.

I saw your pictures. Com'on.

tuttut

bigedge
09-20-2001, 06:02 AM
well im not a huge kid im 17 y.o 6'2 and weigh nearly 200 pounds (but thats only cos i have fat legs and a fat ass and dont work them out like i should)
but ive only been working out for 6 months and i like how i have progressed..
where i come from people like a big kid, i live in a small town and theres a lot of ferals and most of them are willing to do anything for respect from the others... (such as belt the **** out of eachother)
i know people look at me when i walk around in my singlet tops and stuff but i also know a lot of them wanna smash me cos i look tough, they will get respect for that you see, if i get beat up by a littler fella (which i can say has yet to happen);) the person who did it will be more feared...
but all my mates give me compliments everytime they see me with my shirt off and say man i wish i was as big as you bro...
i like that

littleman69
09-20-2001, 08:30 AM
well , i think i agree with bob. You see, while I may not be **** and maybe a little man to the bb community, i certainly am outstanding in my school. No one has more than 12 inch arms, and no one has lats, and no one could even come close to squatting 150lbs. Again, while I may be small for you guys, i am not small at school. And I get these comments at school, because I train in a school gym. I am also bigger than the trainer of the weightlifting "club" lol. WHile he is 6', he squats half of what I do.

Comments however, seem to come almost all the time from guys. The girls always dig it and compliment and say "wow, you must be really dedicated etc" but I get the **** from the littlemen, because to them, I am a big man. Not trying to be arrogant, but really it's like that. This really wasn't a post to brag as you guys transformed it, I thought perhaps, that like bob and me, you guys have experienced this. But i guess not?

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 08:39 AM
Are you in the third grade then, if you're huge compared to classmates?

Gyno Rhino
09-20-2001, 08:43 AM
Heehe.. I don't care what the non-bodybuilders have to say. They're the "littlemen", remember? It's the big summamabitches that've been doing this for 10 years I listen to. They know their ****, and a complement from them MEANS something, unlike a complement from people who've never touched a weight in their life. 5'10" at 220 is something to the "littlemen" but it ain't **** to the big boys. And that's where I'm going, that's where I'll be. But I don't do it for them, I do it for me. I like to be able to look in the mirror and think that I've put out blood and sweat to reach my full potential (which hasnt' been reached yet, nor will it ever be). When I look in the mirror, I don't see my weight, my height, or anyone else's comments. I see someone who has tested themselves to the UTMOST, mentally and physically. Someone who is proud of what they've done, but know it's not enough. Someone who has RESPECT for others and from others.

Paul Stagg
09-20-2001, 08:49 AM
I haven't experienced it, but then, I tend to hang with adults.

An occasional odd look? Sure.

An occasional longing look from a chickie? Sure.

For the most part, I try to blend in... I don't wear revealing clothing, I don't dress like a typical gym rat (clown pants, do rag, etc...), I don't wear sleveless shirts (unless training).

In general, I don't show it off. That isn't why I lift.

It is all of our responsibility, as lifters, to set a good example, as well as represent ourselves as well as possible. That means not strutting around, not being arrogant, etc.

Lots of lifters have trouble doing that... and usually, they are the ones who eventually fail.

If people DO pay attention to you because you lift, take the opportunity to put a good spin on it. Suggest they join you. Show them the health benefits. Discredit the presumption that lifters are all narcissistic meatheads.

Tryska
09-20-2001, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
Heehe.. I don't care what the non-bodybuilders have to say. They're the "littlemen", remember? It's the big summamabitches that've been doing this for 10 years I listen to. They know their ****, and a complement from them MEANS something, unlike a complement from people who've never touched a weight in their life. 5'10" at 220 is something to the "littlemen" but it ain't **** to the big boys. And that's where I'm going, that's where I'll be. But I don't do it for them, I do it for me. I like to be able to look in the mirror and think that I've put out blood and sweat to reach my full potential (which hasnt' been reached yet, nor will it ever be). When I look in the mirror, I don't see my weight, my height, or anyone else's comments. I see someone who has tested themselves to the UTMOST, mentally and physically. Someone who is proud of what they've done, but know it's not enough. Someone who has RESPECT for others and from others.

excellent post gyno.

Rock
09-20-2001, 08:59 AM
well I think the secret is to just pretend like you cant hear them.
But being dragged out for a make believe drug test isnt funny, and the instructor screaming at you from the other side of the gym, "hey with all those strechting marks on your arms you must be on something" every damn time im in the gym I hear that, but confronting them, they all say its just "joking". Man I really wanna get back at them sometimes.

Gyno Rhino
09-20-2001, 09:05 AM
C'mon, Rock! Let's see the pics! You and Centaurion, go through the mandatories. Let's see it.

syntekz
09-20-2001, 09:24 AM
ya rock; if you post yours ill post mine. (im going to post new pics in december)

littleman69
09-20-2001, 09:49 AM
Chill post gyno.

But Paul, people really can lift for whatever reason they want. If they want to wear sleevless shirts because they can, why not? WHy should people set an example for other lifters? I don't show it off because I don't have much yet , but when I do, I'm defientely walking down the streets in the summer with a sleeveless shirt ! WHy not? Hard work, show it !!!!! I do agree wiht you though, in that sometimes I see some fag with a bit of vascularity walking down the streets in winter with a tank on. Then that is just craving attention, but at the beach, or when it's hot outside, I would wear something that reveals my hard work. I know it goes against what i said about I don't show off, but this is really just looking my best. Why would I hide under a light jacket when I'd look so much better with one? But I guess you don't wear anything because you already look so massive you don't need a sleevless shirt to turn heads. I'll get there soon enough, and soon I will replace my handle to big man, then hugeman, and so on.

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 09:54 AM
How about cracksmokinman69? :angel:

littleman69
09-20-2001, 10:05 AM
hAhAha NO. Do you think you're funny, kazuki? All you seem to want to do is bash me and my threads. WTF? :dj:

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 10:14 AM
I'll be Frank.
You be Martha.

I'm all for lifting a person up, but some need to be brought back down to reality. Comprende? You apply.

Your delusions of grandeur are quite sickening. You are not big, if you walked down my street like a peacock saying "Yeh, I'm hardcore.", I would probably throw a rock at you and laugh. Sorry mods, he asked.

littleman69
09-20-2001, 10:18 AM
LOL @ kazuki ! What's up your ass big guy? I know I'm not huge, and the whole hardcoreness thing is all a fuking joke. if you're this uptight on a thread started by somone so obviously inferior to you on the internet, then i feel sorry for you as to how you must be in real (life). do you have a life, kazuki? sorry, i know i shouldn't judge your hardcore ass online, but from what i see, you obviously have no friends and you were spanked and weren't hugged as a kid. *wipes a tear for kazuki *

diss me some more kazuki ! Please ! Let your feelings out big guy.
the mods won't mind..

littleman69
09-20-2001, 10:19 AM
woops ! you edited your post to make it sound less pissed off. ;unedit it bro. it's ok man, really.

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 10:21 AM
:confused:

OK kid. The edit to my post was the line about bringing people down to Earth, heh.

littleman69
09-20-2001, 10:24 AM
ok .......... and what's your point?
lol it's funny you call ME a kid, but you're the one getting pissed at me over the internet for an obvious joke you failed to catch up to. lol . however big you may be, and however "knowledgeable" and hardcore you may be, i still think that you actually taking me seriously was quite pathetic.

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 10:26 AM
I'm not angry. :)

But one thing I am arguing... you're not a better person than anyone else because you lift a weight and set it down. That kind of thinking will get you nowhere.

There's a lot more to the sport than just having a great bod to show off to some girls, impress some trash talking punk guys, whatever the case may be. It's about self respect, respecting other people, and discipline. If you're in it for the vanity only, you might as well go home now. This sort of commitment builds character.

littleman69
09-20-2001, 10:30 AM
o alright....i thought you were gonna throw rocks at me by the "sorry mods, he asked" comment. Keep smiling kazuki.

littleman69
09-20-2001, 10:33 AM
ahem now that you edited the post again, i have to say, i agree with you. but that's now what you were arguing :confused:
You got pissed at my illusions of grandeur. It's a joke if you haven't noticed -you were gonna throw rocks, wtf? But now that you're not angry, my mind is finally at peace. *wipes sweat off forehead*

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 10:41 AM
You were saying how "hardcore" you were compared to the skinny twerps at school, etc.

I just presented the arguement in a "quieter" way. Saying it doesn't really have anything to do with being hardcore, this sport. The dedicated, quiet and modest guy is going to go further than the "hardcore" guy if he doesn't commit to it as a lifetime investment.

Atop of that, he'll win the respect of his elders and peers, for being the bigger of the two men.

You choose your own fate. That's all I was saying.

littleman69
09-20-2001, 10:48 AM
that's excellent advice kazuki. ill take into consideration..

Rock
09-20-2001, 12:28 PM
I am not afraid to post my pic, Il be more than happy, but me and Cenaturion are a bit slow I admit, we need to buy a one-time camera and go in to town and have the pictures on discett and blabla, but I promise you will se the pictures by friday next week, I promise.

W8_4_Me
09-21-2001, 05:11 AM
littleman, when you can effectively change your name to bigman, maybe we'll talk.

There are so many quality weightlifters here. Are you getting anything from reading the info they post or are you just really freakin' bored with your life?tuttut

Alex.V
09-21-2001, 07:18 AM
i liek girls

DaChickenShowYo
09-21-2001, 03:10 PM
littleman doesn't!

nya, nya nya nya, nya!

Shankerr
09-21-2001, 08:14 PM
I just read what BigEdge said a few pages back. It is kinda funny, cause i used to run into the same thing. I live in a small town, and I find that younger people (younger, as in my own age, lol) are the ones who pick the fights to prove they are the tough guy. I used to get picked on all the time. I am 6'3" tall, and 225lbs. Just like he said, they pick fights and make comments because they wanna beat on the big lad to make a point. (though, one day in highschool, a kid tried that with me, and I broke his nose and jaw in shop class, and its never happened since, lol). Overall, since I moved to University, I don't really notice anything negative coming of my size (I'm not ripped, but I guess I look kinda threatening) I think that people in general respect our sport just as much as any other. If your noticing people making neg comments about your size, your either being too sensitive about peoples opinions of you (I work out for myself, and I dont really give a f*ck what anyone else thinks of what I look like, so even if someone made a comment aobut me, I wouldn't even notice), your looking for a fight, or you think a lil too highly of yourself, and your mind plays tricks on what your hearing.

greg kaiser
09-21-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Belial
i liek girls

I like girls too but today on the radio, I heard that there is no such thing as a G-spot orgasm. WTF? Girls is this true? PM me, I am really worried.

Shankerr
09-21-2001, 08:34 PM
I share in Bob's concern.. What is this all about? I never heard of this before. Ahh well, guess I'll just have to start doing deadlifts with my tongue to get it just that much stronger... ;-) *wink*

anyway, is this true?

syntekz
09-21-2001, 09:41 PM
Man; you need to take some of that T to the gym. It'd do better there than on this board.

Shankerr
09-21-2001, 09:43 PM
hehe

MA, I was jsut at the gym for like 3 hrs just before I posted that, I was sooo full of energy and all hyper and things :-)

I'm really not that cocky ;-) besides, I'm too shy to say it in real life ;-)

syntekz
09-21-2001, 09:45 PM
it wasn't really directed at you; just seems that everything bob posts has to be linked to something sexual; reminds me of junior high again.

and i think i saw him ask that same thing about the g-string somewhere else already. lol.

:rolleyes: