PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is 'clean' and 'healthy' food?

DelveyBoy
12-25-2003, 08:16 PM
so.....?
my dad thinks chips,sausage and bacon is healthy where as my sister thinks that anything that is not green is not healthy

smalls
12-25-2003, 08:38 PM
Well, I would consider clean foods to be those that are not refined or have sugar added or the fat modified (trans fats). Oatmeal, tuna, chicken, WW bread etc, I consider these clean yet none of them are green.

Budiak
12-26-2003, 12:56 AM
Your dad is a fool, your sister is an extremist.

Come on, man. It doesnt take a God damned rocket scientist to know what healthy, clean food is.

Bruise Brubaker
12-26-2003, 10:00 AM
:withstupi

ThreeD
12-26-2003, 11:58 AM
:withstupi as well ;)

Stray
12-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Think veggies, low fat meats, and whole foods (not overly processed)

Do some searches on this board for "grocery" or "groceries".

Go look in the Journals section and see what people are eating.

PizDoff
12-26-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm with these idiots!

:D

Wedge
12-26-2003, 05:37 PM
so.....?
my dad thinks chips,sausage and bacon is healthy where as my sister thinks that anything that is not green is not healthy

LOL !! Well any lean meat is healthy whether it's baked or grilled chicken, beef, or fish, etc. Fried is a no-no. Veggies are fine, just as long as they aren't smothered in syrup or sugars. Oils from nuts, flaxseed, or eggs are good for ya. Oils from french fries aren't. It boils down to our society is in love with the quick and easy way to eat which isn't the healthiest way to do things. Ask anyone who is serious about their diet and you'll see it takes alot of time preparing meals. Trust me, it gets to be a pain in the butt.

fatsoPanda
12-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, I would consider clean foods to be those that are not refined or have sugar added or the fat modified (trans fats). Oatmeal, tuna, chicken, WW bread etc, I consider these clean yet none of them are green.

ditto :)