PDA

View Full Version : How does this look for a new diet?

Ghuraba
12-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Hi there

This is my first post on here:-)

How does the following look for a bulking diet? I am male, 5' 9", 154lbs and 31. I have just listed the foods, not the exact amounts as I am still working that stuff out. I am looking for around 3000 calories using a 35p/50c/15f breakdown. any suggestions, addtions, deletions etc. will be welcomed.

Meal 1
oatmeal
egg whites
skilmmed milk
flax seed oil

Meal 2
chicken breast
brown rice
veggies

Meal 3
post workout shake

cottage cheese or Peanut Butter
reflex vanilla instant whey protein
8oz water
some Ice
brown sugar

Meal 4
lean beef or tuna
baked sweet potatoe or pasta
veggies

Meal 5
salmon
whole wheat brown bread
skimmed milk

Meal 6
flax seed oil
natural peanut butter
cottage cheese
skimmed milk

Michael

Manveet
12-27-2003, 04:32 PM
looks pretty damn good to me.

some people might recommend you use Fish oil instead of Flax. Mainly because Flax does not have EPA/DHA. However, the ALA in Flax gets converted into EPA/DHA, but it's not an efficient process.

Other than that, everything looks solid.

Maxgain
12-27-2003, 04:51 PM
I wouldnt count the post workout meal in it though as you most likely arent training every day so wont be taking it. i just use it as a bonus meal to replace and boost on cals lost by training

Dano4025
12-27-2003, 05:53 PM
I think the peanut butter and flax oil before bed might be too much fat at one time, but other than that the diet looks really good.

fornero
12-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Not a big deal, but for your PW shake, you'll probably wanna ditch either the brown sugar or the PB.

PB (fat + fiber) will slow digestion, if that's what you're going for
Sugar would give an insulin spike, speeding absorbtion if you're into that whole deal.

Also, if you stick with the sugar, you might wanna go with dextrose or maltodextrin instead of brown sugar. AFAIK brown sugar (like table sugar) is 1/2 fructose, which really isn't doing much for you.

If you're doing it for the flavor, try "Brown Sugar Twin"-- it's aspartame and maltodextrin if I recall correctly, doesn't taste too bad, especially in a shake.

tjwes
12-27-2003, 09:15 PM
Add more potatoes or rice to Meal # 5 along with veggies.Meal# 6 is more of a snack to me try a can of tuna with it also for increased protein intake.Why not add a couple of whole eggs in Meal#1? After all you`re bulking and calories count.