PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my diet

VasDeferens
12-29-2003, 10:46 AM
6'2" and 202 lbs.

What changes do you recommend?

I know you need a heavy dose of carbs right after intense work out.
Is this true also after cardio-only workouts?

thanks.

(I know Saint Patrick will reply to my thread )

Anthony
12-29-2003, 10:54 AM
What's your goal?

VasDeferens
12-29-2003, 12:11 PM
What's your goal?

drop fat and get rid of love handles.

Saint Patrick
12-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Eat some low GI carbs in the morning for energy. Other than that, I'd say reduce overall carb intake a little and increase the fat a little.

After cardio you don't necessarily need dextrose, maybe like 20-30g carbs, a slice of bread or 1/2 cup of rice for example.

VasDeferens
12-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Eat some low GI carbs in the morning for energy. Other than that, I'd say reduce overall carb intake a little and increase the fat a little.

After cardio you don't necessarily need dextrose, maybe like 20-30g carbs, a slice of bread or 1/2 cup of rice for example.

thank you...

tjwes
12-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Nowhere near enough solid food.Dump the bread,fruit,and all dairy products.

Meal1-10-12 egg whites
1/2 cup of oatmeal(no milk)
water

Meal2-1 can water packed tuna
salad low-sugar ,fat-free dressing
water

Meal3-skinless chicken breast,8oz.
1/2 cup of brown rice
1cup of veggies
water

Meal4-lean beef
1 med.baked potato
1cup of veggies
water

Meal5-1 can of water packed tuna
salad(Same as above)
water

Meal6-protein shake mixed in water

This is a typical low-carb day.You should cycle carb intake by eating low for three days followed by two slightly higher days.Keep repeating this cycle.Stick with dextrose, or gatorade post-workout, as it will digest faster,and get to the muscles quicker,because it`s in liquid form.Add in some HIIT casrdio 5-6 days a week.On higher carb days just add in more carbs from the same sources listed here.You could also eat yams for a good source of carbs.This diet will cut you up but will also spare muscle tissue as it`s high in protein.Throw in another shake in the middle of the night if you want.Try to eat every three hours or so.Good luck!!

VasDeferens
12-30-2003, 06:50 AM
great, thanks all.

I just put 10 eggs to boil. Lets see if I can eat them all in one sitting.

Looks like I will have to start cooking and bring food to work for meal 3 and 4.
But I will do it, all in the name of sweet sweet muscles.

VasDeferens
12-30-2003, 09:17 AM
sounds utterly homosexual but I failed.

I had to stop at 7th egg. I ziplocked them and brought to work.

How do you guys eat your egg whites? Just plain boiled egg whites or do you add some sauce, condiments etc to make it heterosexual and taste better?

tjwes
12-30-2003, 04:25 PM
I scramble mine in Pam cooking spray.As a bodybuilder we all have to carry food and water with us at times.It`s a pain in the ass, but it works.