PDA

View Full Version : Quick Cutting/Dieting Questions!

TheShadowPrince
12-30-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey everyone,

Height: 6'3"
Current Weight: 245LBS
Weight Last Year: 213LBS (Im guessing thats not muscle gains :P)
Fat %: 14-15

Alright, I have a few quick questions..

A)What should my Calorie Intake be if I weigh 245lbs? I guessed around 2400-2500, but if I am trying to cut, would I wanna lower that?
B)Should I stop weight-lifting if I want to cut? I noticed that I bulking up got me the 'bigger' self-image aswell..
C)Should I Be doing HIIT training to help me cut?
D)Should there be anything specific that I should be trying to eat?
E)So, in regards to my last post about taking too much protein, my gym teacher, by saying that having too much protein is a bad thing, doesnt know what he's talking about? And ontop of that, it would be alright for me to take protein supplements?

==--==--==--==

Thanks for the help, if there is anything else that I should probably know, cuz I might think I know something but was misinformed... *shakes his fist in the air, at his teacher*

Paul Stagg
12-30-2003, 01:28 PM
A)What should my Calorie Intake be if I weigh 245lbs? I guessed around 2400-2500, but if I am trying to cut, would I wanna lower that?

** At least 2500, and probably higher at your age, assuming you lift and are active.

B)Should I stop weight-lifting if I want to cut? I noticed that I bulking up got me the 'bigger' self-image aswell..

** No. Keep lifting

C)Should I Be doing HIIT training to help me cut?

** Not a bad idea.

D)Should there be anything specific that I should be trying to eat?

** specific foods? No.

E)So, in regards to my last post about taking too much protein, my gym teacher, by saying that having too much protein is a bad thing, doesnt know what he's talking about? And ontop of that, it would be alright for me to take protein supplements

** I'd be shooting for about 250g or so.

TheShadowPrince
12-30-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks! :bang: