PDA

View Full Version : Question yall...

Kazuki
09-19-2001, 08:36 PM
I've managed to fend off some weight with certain "supps", what have you. I've got the same problem a lot of my buddies do...

I just crave and pile in the food more and more to get bigger, get huge. Whatever. I don't discriminate, if it's got calories I am plugging it in my face. My hunger signals are trashed, meaning I totally do not get full. I have not been "full" since I crammed down 9 slices (Count em) of pizza in one sitting, and had like 64 oz. of water to wash it down.

Some of you are probably like, this is a bad thing?

I'm concerned. If I don't get the full feeling, it's like I cram stuff down the chute and just keep plugging away. I eat fiber at every sitting, I've even gone so far as to eat 9g of fiber in 6 meals... but still, I just crave and crave more food to slam it down. I talked to Ry, and he suggested some 5-HTP but this **** ain't working ....

Self control? I can't control this **** sometimes, lol.

syntekz
09-19-2001, 08:40 PM
Maybe you need to get your stomach stapled. :)

Maybe you should see a doctor; he could put you on some sort of medication. A very light dosage of ritalin or aderal would help you out. Not sure if your doctor would go for that though.

Kazuki
09-19-2001, 08:46 PM
That's what I am afraid of. They'll put me on some fuckin med and I'll gain weight from that.

heathj
09-19-2001, 09:54 PM
Hydroxycut seems to give me appetite suppression for a little while, but then I get hungry after a little while. I wish I could take more then 12 pills a day. Maybe 20 :) Anyway, maybe try that, even though it may be a little expensive. I may be able to hook you up if I can do a certain "deal".

Kazuki
09-19-2001, 10:26 PM
ECA don't do sh*t bro.

heathj
09-19-2001, 10:27 PM
I think it does. But you gotta have a good diet. I was eating **** and doing eca and I didn't gain weight or fat. Now that I have a good diet, I think it's helping.

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 05:08 AM
It isn't normal to shove back 4500-5000 clean calories in a sitting and be ready for more.............. lol.

Tryska
09-20-2001, 06:01 AM
well my feeling is it sounds very much like a carb addiction type scenario, that shuts off hunger signals. Try taking St. John's Wort, since it's an herbal SSRI, it might help.

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 06:48 AM
I would agree, but it's not just carbs.

Tryska
09-20-2001, 06:50 AM
well no, but if you have carbs mixed in, or ate carb heavy before hand, it floods the brain with serotonin, making it hard to gage appetite after that....

it's like when you go from low carb to eating some simple carbs, and you feel hungry again after, and more impotantly you keep getting cravings for days after.

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 06:52 AM
Isn't serotonin a "happy" hormone? I get PISSED when I do this ****. lol. But it's kinda like a feed the beast thing, you know?

I just get ravenous... but I almost immediately feel like ****. Bloated, etc.

Tryska
09-20-2001, 06:54 AM
well yeah..it's a happy hormone.....but it also has some effect on the hypothalamus (i think) whichever organ rules satiety signals. So of course it ticks you off, because you feeling like your failing...but still, all you can do manage the binge.

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 06:54 AM
... OK. I edited the post but NBD. I'll just keep plugging I guess until I get it right.

Tryska
09-20-2001, 06:59 AM
i would definitely add in st johns wort....it seems to work better for some then 5-HTP, which a lot of people say makes them crash. and watch the simple carb intake, otherwise you just set yourself up for the same cycle repeatedly. Also, how about the usual slow eating techniques.

take the amount you feel is reasonable (say 4 slices of pizza instead of 9) put it on your plate, chew slowly, savor the food, and give your hunger signals the time they need to kick in. If you eat fast, you run the risk of way overeating before your body has the chance to tell you it's full, and then you've got that bloating thing to worry about.

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 07:02 AM
Okei, thanks for the tips. I'll probably pick up some St. John's tonight. Sucks I will have to cut out the MRP post workout... it was convenient. I'll have to check on the GI rating of skim milk I guess.

By the way, 5-HTP metabolizes into Melatonin. ("Crash")

Tryska
09-20-2001, 07:03 AM
ahh..i didn't know that...i thought it was a serotonin pre-cursor.

bear in mind..witht he st john's wort, it may take a couple weeks to fully feel the effects (kinda like with any SSRI).

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 07:05 AM
It is, taking a b-6 with it and food will help the metabolizing into serotonin. But it also breaks down into Melatonin.

Great! Nothing like two weeks of utter Hell. :D

Jane
09-21-2001, 03:18 PM
The way I see it, and this works for some but not all: if you are realizing that you have had a "normal" amount, any you eat after is going to cause a bit o'guilt. If not during, then maybe after. And if you have these kinds of feelings, you wont be able to enjoy your food correctly, imo. So why eat it, if its going to mess with your mood? Just get some gum or something and walk away and find something else to do. hth?