PDA

View Full Version : sushi storage time

frankm007
01-04-2004, 01:04 PM
retirez

IronDaddy
01-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Depends on how long it sat before you bought it. To be really sure I'd probably ask a professional sushi chef on how long they'd allow it.

Budiak
01-04-2004, 09:22 PM
I once got an order at a restaraunt and refridgerated it and didnt eat it until about 9 hours later, and besides the rice being a mite bit dry, it was fine.

I wouldnt keep urchin in the fridge though. I'm assuming you're just talking about rolls, not nigiri or sashimi.

AndresC
01-04-2004, 11:55 PM
I know it's not the same quality but QFC carries some rolls.

manowar669
01-05-2004, 11:48 AM
If it's not contaminated or handled too much, it's good for a while. In fact, if you clip it with a clothespin on a line and stick it in the sun, and nothing bothers it (bugs, etc) it'll dry out and you have tuna jerky!
IMHO, taste will suffer if it's not kept cold/cool until eaten. With almost all fish/seafood the faster you get it from sea to mouth the better it will taste.

raniali
01-05-2004, 04:37 PM
i've eaten left over hand rolls from the night before for breakfast. i haven't gotten sick or died yet. i think sushi lasts just as long as normal raw fish in the fridge before you cook it.

Shao-LiN
01-06-2004, 12:44 AM
I usually throw my stuff in the freezer and defrost it when I want to eat it. I tend to eat it a day or two later tho.

Budiak
01-06-2004, 01:27 AM
Wait a minute, Boobalowski makes me wonder whether or not you are wondering how long it takes for sushi to taste like **** or how long it takes for it to kill you. I mean, fresh? Fresh is when the dude makes it. Any **** you get from the store AINT fresh, most likely. At the local Nugget supermarket you can get fresh sushi. By the time you go through the store and get it home, it's already 'not fresh'. If you get it from a sushi bar or whatever, the quality will degrade all the same. Basically, I'd say that sushi rolls stops being fresh in about 15 minutes because even if refrigerated, the rice dries out and the sauces and **** start to turn. I think anybody with the urge to actually pack sushi in their lunchbox to eat at school is enough of a sushi fan to know this. The only other concern I can see is that you're afraid it'll hurt you. It wont.