PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Questions???

Mic Soloist
01-05-2004, 01:29 AM
I am currently 5'11 at 171 pounds. I've gained 20 pounds in about 5 months time. I am now at an estimated 14% BF. I was at 10% when I was tested at 158 pounds. I've gained some good mass and in the last year I've gained 1.5 inches on my arms and 2 inches on my chest.

I am now ready to cut. I started today. I started my cut at 2000 calories per day and I'm gonna see how that goes for a week or so. My questions are:

What is a reasonable date that I can get down to 8% BF?? I want to set that as my goal.

How many pounds will I need to lose??

Is 2 pounds per week to much to lose if I was to perserve as much muscle as possible??

This is my first real cut so any help is welcomed. Thanks

-mic-

Saint Patrick
01-05-2004, 01:58 AM
Is 2 pounds per week to much to lose if I was to perserve as much muscle as possible??

If you want to preserve as much as possible, then you should only lose 1lb/week or less.

JaZZ669
01-06-2004, 10:41 AM
When I was cutting a while back I was doing 3lbs every 2 weeks. Don't think I lost much muscle. I just tried to keep my protein intake to be at least 1g per lb.

shootermcgavin7
01-06-2004, 11:14 AM
How many pounds will I need to lose??

This is my first real cut so any help is welcomed. Thanks

If you are losing mostly fat, 2 lbs/week is probably the max you could lose, and this will taper off after a couple of weeks.