PDA

View Full Version : Tuna + ?

heathj
09-19-2001, 09:51 PM
I am eating one can of tuna a day. Straight out of the can. Damn good, but I am going to be doing this 8 weeks straight and I know I will get sick of the stuff. Anyone know what is good to mix with a can of tuna that tastes good? I would like to have low calories also, seeing as I'm cutting. Gracias.

Kazuki
09-19-2001, 09:52 PM
FF Miracle Whip will not kill ya.

heathj
09-19-2001, 09:55 PM
I mean something besides miracle whip. I have some of that, 70 calories, 3g fat. But I am looking for something else to add a different style of flavor. I was thinking of putting it on bread, but it was suggested that I stay away from bread, as it has lots of carbs and high gi. Does wheat and 12 grain bread have high gi as well as white?

KryptoAllez
09-19-2001, 10:10 PM
I find that mixing a tablespoon of Olive Oil in it makes it much easier to get down, takes away that "fishy" taste. I also like to mix brown rice and peas with tuna. And let's see, also mayonnaise and hard-boiled eggs. That's all I can think of for now, hope you find it helpful. :)

heathj
09-19-2001, 10:16 PM
I don't care about the taste, I like it. It's just that I might get sick of the same thing day after day. I guess that'd be true with the other stuff I eat, but I don't get as sick from the other things as easily if I eat it constantly.

the doc
09-19-2001, 10:24 PM
how bout some freshly cracked pepper on that?

Tryska
09-20-2001, 05:48 AM
olive oil and balsamic vinegar, some garlic powder, cracked pepper and cayenne, put it over a salad, mix it with beans.....saute it with some onions...whatever man..it's versatile.

gino
09-20-2001, 06:41 AM
Mix it with your favorite mustard or light vinaigrette dressing and put it on wheat bread.

syntekz
09-20-2001, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by gino
Mix it with your favorite mustard or light vinaigrette dressing and put it on wheat bread.

That's what I do if I eat tuna. I mix it with spicy mustard and than put the whole can on one slice of bread that way the bread give you a little better tasting flavor. Finish the whole can in like 4 or 5 bites. Works a whole lot better.

BLUENOSER
09-20-2001, 08:44 AM
Try it with a 1/4 of a cup of salsa or relish.

SadCubicleHead
09-20-2001, 10:44 AM
Just eat it plain dude. I'm eating it plain right now.
Look at it this way, you're gonna have other meals in the day that you're gonna enjoy right?
So what's the big deal with eating one that's seriously boring.
Eat it plain, you'll benefit more.

But on the other hand, you gotta enjoy life, so maybe it's a bit douchey of me to say this. At least your eating tuna. There'a a lof of people around me right now who are eating grease-ham-fry-nuggets with butter and cottage cheese coming out of their ears.

I am in my cubicle. I can see the world from here. I am lonely.

syntekz
09-20-2001, 10:47 AM
id rather be eating the greasy hamburgers and fries.

Kazuki
09-20-2001, 10:47 AM
LOL that was a funny post, SCH. Sometimes I feel that way too. :p

Tryska
09-20-2001, 10:49 AM
fries? what are those? I haven't seen fries since 1998!

sike - i'm kidding..i ate some last year. ;)

gino
09-20-2001, 01:11 PM
Why is cubicle head so sad? Do people make fun of you for having a cube shaped head? People are so cruel sometimes. People with cube shaped heads are people too. Their just a little square - HA HA hA aha...sorry, that was gay

Tryska
09-20-2001, 01:14 PM
*shakes head*

that wasn't just gay..that was flaming....

still made me chuckle though.

I don't know why he's so sad though...i mean I live in a cubicle. I've got cool neighbors though.

gino
09-20-2001, 01:29 PM
(*puts SadCubicleHead on suicide watch*)

OK there SadCubicleHead, you won't be needing these...(*takes pens, pencils, letter opener, scissors, files down corners of desk*)

Tryska
09-20-2001, 01:31 PM
the shoelaces! don't forget the shoelaces! oh and the tie. if he's ina cubicle he probably has to wear a tie.

Spiderman
09-21-2001, 09:12 AM
Apple Cider Vinegar

Pup
09-21-2001, 09:25 AM
WTF, who is this Gino impersonator, did the aliens take Gino, bring back Gino you bastards :cry:

littleman69
09-21-2001, 10:26 AM
I just mix 200g tuna with 1 tbsp mayo (fat free) and put it on 2 whole wheat breads. As long as it's a bread like whole wheat or flax seed bread or some low gi bread, then it's all good. Definetely stay away from white bread, its gi is 100 !

Jane
09-21-2001, 03:12 PM
BEST TUNA RECIPE, imo:

I used to hate both tuna and cottage cheese. But this completely solved it (now I--gasp--crave it):

2 slices light whole wheat bread, WELL TOASTED
1 can tuna
pepper
lowfat cottage cheese to taste

Mix cottage cheese, pepper, and tuna in bowl. Make two biga** openfaced sandwiches. Eat and enjoy. Works best on warm, crunchy toast. :)

Mystic Eric
09-21-2001, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Jane
BEST TUNA RECIPE, imo:

I used to hate both tuna and cottage cheese. But this completely solved it (now I--gasp--crave it):

2 slices light whole wheat bread, WELL TOASTED
1 can tuna
pepper
lowfat cottage cheese to taste

Mix cottage cheese, pepper, and tuna in bowl. Make two biga** openfaced sandwiches. Eat and enjoy. Works best on warm, crunchy toast. :)

*gags* i think i'm gonna puke now.

either add mirclewhip or eat it as is. tuna is great

Jane
09-21-2001, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by the terminator

*gags* i think i'm gonna puke now.

dammit, term, it is good. :nod:

i challenge you to try it, and then you can talk. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Mystic Eric
09-21-2001, 03:25 PM
jenia, ya we can talk, but about other things please!!!!!! eeewww :p

Jane
09-21-2001, 03:30 PM
pfft no open mind ;)

fine, someone *brave* try it, and agree with me :nod:

anyone else have good tuna ideas? you can never have too many. :D

flake
09-21-2001, 04:27 PM
apple/orange juice
1 can tuna

blend. drink.

Tryska
09-21-2001, 05:33 PM
actually i use to do that all the time jane. I'd come home, pop a potato in the microwave, saute some tuna and onions in olive oil, by the tiem that was done, the potato would be done too and i would mash the potato with some cottage cheese and then mix the tuna and onions in. it was yummylicious.

heathj
09-21-2001, 05:44 PM
Spidey, i got some of those pills.

Spiderman
09-22-2001, 08:54 AM
Apple Cider Vinegar Pills?? Ok, go to your local grocery store and buy some LIQUID. ;)

As for you Jane, well I agree with ya. I've tried cottage cheese in my tuna and its yummy. Only I"ll add some Italian Seasoning and perhaps some mustard or ketchup and or Mayo too. (yes it sounds gross I know...).

Then we must address Flake's post... dude you're just sickening. Thats just wrong. tuttut

heathj
09-22-2001, 12:32 PM
Why is the liquid better?

Shankerr
09-22-2001, 11:11 PM
Aight, heres what to mix it with, or at least, what I mix it with

Mayo (of course)

Dijon or spicy mustard (ya can use normal mustard, but its more fun to use the fancy crap, makes you feel special)

Relish (also good to add if you already put in some mayo, tastes like your eating tartar sauce, don't add too much, or its more like eating one of those nasty sweet pickles that Grandma used to force on you when you were 5)

Salsa (no explanation required)

bar-b-q sauce (sounds nasty, but try BullsEye original, tastes like your eating the fish at a seedy grillhouse)

Plain

Saute in olive oil, and add some peas (canned or fresh, I like fresh), fresh cracked pepper, basil and a touch of fresh garlic.

Mix with pasta (I like to use Penne Riggatta or penne Lisce) and a touch of olive oil, basil and salt for a higher carb meal.

use any of those, those are some of my favs. I got a few more, but these are the ones I prefer.

lata

Nightmare
09-23-2001, 01:52 AM
If you can, try mixing in some mayonise and fries inside the Tuna. Trust me it's damn good. However, if you're trying to avoid fries, than maybe throw in some mash potatos with a little butter. It works well too. Stir nicely and enjoy.

kingpin
09-30-2001, 08:29 PM
tuna melts are the ish!

teenidol1
10-06-2001, 09:20 PM
olive oil anf pesto though that is actually better with canned salmon

heathj
10-07-2001, 10:48 AM
Forgot about this one

1/2 can tuna
1 slice bread
1 slice cheddar cheese

Cook on 350 Degrees for about 7 minutes. Mmm...damn good.

Reinier
10-07-2001, 03:17 PM
just eat it plain people.... Tuna tastes fishy because its fish.
Itsa ok.
I eat it plain every day straight out of the can.
who cares what something tastes like the taste will be gone as soon as you swallow (if not brush yur damn teeth dirty boy)
and the effect of what food you have lasts.

:angel:

heathj
10-07-2001, 05:18 PM
So your telling me you eat everything plain? Never have any variety or difference of taste? ok then.

pastdoubt
10-07-2001, 06:15 PM
I hate to say it but the best recipe so far I think is the one w/ cottage cheese and tuna on toasted bread... MMMM... maybe heat up the cottage cheese and tuna a little... mmmmm!

Jane
10-08-2001, 10:08 AM
Hate to say it? aww...you know im right... :D