PDA

View Full Version : Questions Needing Help

rovelive
01-05-2004, 05:21 AM
Hello hows it going.
The last week i have saved numerous posts read alot of books and now i have questions what they dont answer.
Hopefully you's can answer them in detail i will be enternally gratefull.

1 - Sodium is salt is that right ? How much on a daily basis do u need cause i saw diet coke has alot of sodium in it and i think so does water ???

2 - I got told by a nutrionist that for weight gain i need a supplement to put on the weight not sure if she meant whey, and protein builds muscle , what one do i need at the moment to put on weight and muscle so i get reach my goal of 10 pounds by Late feb and go from there.

3 - What is the best ratio to put on muscle but also bulking up to get real big 60% prot 30% carbs 10% fat or would 40% prot 40% carbs 20% fat be better for rapid muscle mass.

4 - I got told if i am bodybuilding 6 times a week and resting sunday's that my body will feed off my body and make the muscle melt off me, she said to take creatine so that it takes that off instead of muscle ?

5 - Is there a certain meal or drink to take when you wake up or just before you go to bed i got told that eat like a midnight snack and it builds muscle up whilst you sleep and also when you wake up that its best to eat or drink something i am not sure.... any help ?

6 - What is best to have before and after a bodybuilding workout ? like what food and what drinks and what not to have ?

7 - Is it better to drink protein shakes during a work out or water or both ?

8 - How many calories should i take to build alot of muscle is 4000 calories a day too much to do or 3500 something what will make me bulk up alot with a healthy diet ?

9 - How many calories do u burn usually for rollerblading (Street and Skate park skating) say for an intense session of say 1 hour ?

Thanks for helping me here are my specs at the moment.

5'11
154 Pounds
Not sure what % bodyfat.
Diet - Currently getting a extremly healthy nutrional diet written up just got to get the specs off you for the % and calories.
Dont eat healthy at the moment.
BB - Currently getting a bodybuilding workout written up for 6x a week.
Going to be eating 6 times a day.

Please write back.
Thanks so much.
Bye

raniali
01-05-2004, 11:33 AM
1 - Sodium is salt is that right ? How much on a daily basis do u need cause i saw diet coke has alot of sodium in it and i think so does water ???

do not worry about salt unless you have been directed to do so by a medical doctor. there are more important things to worry about in your diet.

2 - I got told by a nutrionist that for weight gain i need a supplement to put on the weight not sure if she meant whey, and protein builds muscle , what one do i need at the moment to put on weight and muscle so i get reach my goal of 10 pounds by Late feb and go from there.

you need to eat more food to gain weight. supplements such as protein powder and weight gainers can help you consume more calories but there is no magic pill or powder that will help you gain weight if you are not eating adequate cals.

3 - What is the best ratio to put on muscle but also bulking up to get real big 60% prot 30% carbs 10% fat or would 40% prot 40% carbs 20% fat be better for rapid muscle mass.

if you are new to lifting (which i am making the assumption you are), then probably either of those ratios you have listed will work since it will most likely be a shock to your system to start eating like this. eat and train enough and consistently and you will grow.

4 - I got told if i am bodybuilding 6 times a week and resting sunday's that my body will feed off my body and make the muscle melt off me, she said to take creatine so that it takes that off instead of muscle ?

personally i think training 6times a week is asking for more harm than good. your muscles do not grow in the gym - they grow when you are resting. everyBODY is different - and some people can train that much. secondly - stop listening to this lady as she seems to know very little about supplements.

5 - Is there a certain meal or drink to take when you wake up or just before you go to bed i got told that eat like a midnight snack and it builds muscle up whilst you sleep and also when you wake up that its best to eat or drink something i am not sure.... any help ?

eat enough food. worry about your diet in general before you start picking apart nanoseconds of meal timing. eat breakfast. some people eat right before they go to bed. some people don't.

6 - What is best to have before and after a bodybuilding workout ? like what food and what drinks and what not to have ?

soluble protein and dextrose for post w/o. many people will consume something similar beforehand - but no fat. there are a few schools of thought on this - but getting at least one of those is important.

7 - Is it better to drink protein shakes during a work out or water or both ?

see #6

8 - How many calories should i take to build alot of muscle is 4000 calories a day too much to do or 3500 something what will make me bulk up alot with a healthy diet ?

you need to eat more than you are eating now to grow. since you don't know what you are consuming now, we can't tell you what the magic number for you is.

9 - How many calories do u burn usually for rollerblading (Street and Skate park skating) say for an intense session of say 1 hour ?

look online somewhere. i dont know offhand.