PDA

View Full Version : Cardio stinks

estropes
01-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Okay so I really haven't done Cardio in about 3 months...it just bores me to death.

Then I've been sick for about a week, and it's been my first time back in the gym in a week. I just about passed out doing squats today and I have to go back and do cardio tonight.

2 things

1. What is the best way not to get bored doing cardio (I like to run outside, but being 10 degrees here that's not going to happen.)

2. What is the best way to get back in cardio shape? Like I said I've been sick and squats just about killed me.

Any help is appreicated.

drew
01-05-2004, 12:40 PM
I just got a heavy bag, and I plan ot use that for a lot of my cardio. Heck, boxing beats the crap out of running, right?

Also, you should check out the HIIT sticky. It's still running, but a LOT less.

Stray
01-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Jumping rope rocks for cardio.

Little space required and you can hum the Rocky "Eye of the Tiger" song while you're doing it.

clvmike19
01-05-2004, 12:52 PM
cardio is the devil

Allyrulez
01-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Why not buy a cheap little Mp3 player, or set a running machine near a TV or something (thats probably too obvious)

I hate cardio as well, but my gym has running machines with big TV's in front of them, and you can wear earphones and sorta treadmill-potato-ise... its kewl

drew
01-05-2004, 12:56 PM
you can hum the Rocky "Eye of the Tiger" song while you're doing it.
That's what I do while boxing. lol

Jasonl
01-05-2004, 12:57 PM
I just got a heavy bag, and I plan ot use that for a lot of my cardio. Heck, boxing beats the crap out of running, right?

Also, you should check out the HIIT sticky. It's still running, but a LOT less.
But its 100x harder. Still, HIIT is your best friend.

PizDoff
01-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Go jogging with someone else...
Cardio work is sOOOOOO boring!!

Boxing and other martial arts are good for cardio I find.

Praetorian
01-05-2004, 01:16 PM
heck man, we're out and doing cardio at -25*C (-13 Fahrenheit), so 10 degrees Fahrenhiet shouldnt be a problem!

:p

estropes
01-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Centaurion,

You're a better man than I, I hate cold weather!!!! Still can't figure out why I don't move!!!

Also any excuse is a good excuse not to do cardio. Everyone else, I've tried the mp3's and the tv's, I just hate the feeling of becoming a human hamster running in my little ball!!! I just get bored easily, think it's that fact that I don't see progress like I do with weight training.

Drew, I just bought a heavy bag as well, about a week ago. I'll try that more often, but 5 minutes of punching and I'm freaking worn out, I guess that's a good thing though. I'll have to start doing punching bag and jumping rope....just wish my basment ceiling was a bit higher, I keep hitting the ceiling with the rope, and I'm a short guy!

Thanks all

Praetorian
01-05-2004, 01:30 PM
heh it's a miracle what one can achieve when there's a pissed off sergeant right behind your tail..

PizDoff
01-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Well.....boxing can turn into anaerobic activity depending on the speed and explosiveness of your punches.

Remember to keep your guard up against the bag for good habits sake and keep dancing around it for footwork.
If you don't already, get handwraps and good gloves.

drew
01-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah, dancing and fake blocking are the best part. That and punching. lol

Jasonl
01-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Well.....boxing can turn into anaerobic activity depending on the speed and explosiveness of your punches.

Remember to keep your guard up against the bag for good habits sake and keep dancing around it for footwork.
If you don't already, get handwraps and good gloves.
Those punching bags can be pretty tricky!!:)