PDA

View Full Version : Professional Weightlifting Coaches/Trainers

CoolBeans
01-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Has anyone ever visited someone to help them improve their lifts? I've heard of seminars where a group of lifters go listen to a little presentation then goto the gym and max out/lift. Afterwards the coach tells you what you can do to improve, what caused you to fail, etc. I'm 19 years old and I was wondering if I could see some benefits by getting a little bit of advanced training. Here are my stats

205lb
Bench 320lb Raw, 350lb with shirt
Squat 385lb (low due to severe osgood slatters in both knees...that won't go away)
Deadlift 460lb

Also, if you recommend them, know of any good ones in the Ohio/PA/WV area?

Paul Stagg
01-06-2004, 07:29 AM
I htink anyone can benefit from some coaching.

The guys at elite fitness systems have seminars pretty regulalry in Columbus. Check out their site (www.elitefts.com)

Their seminars focus on their style of training (westside/conjucated periodization); I learned a bunch just seeing a seminar video from them.

CoolBeans
01-06-2004, 01:29 PM
I htink anyone can benefit from some coaching.

The guys at elite fitness systems have seminars pretty regulalry in Columbus. Check out their site (www.elitefts.com)

Their seminars focus on their style of training (westside/conjucated periodization); I learned a bunch just seeing a seminar video from them.

Thanks, i'll check it out. Columbus is only about 2 hrs and 45 minutes away.

ElPietro
01-06-2004, 02:31 PM
You could simply find out what powerlifting federations are nearby. Then you can email some of the guys, or visit a competition to meet some people. Generally, they will be more than happy to let you come workout with them sometime and do some form checking. Usually powerlifters are very encouraging towards others and always willing to help.