PDA

View Full Version : Searching for some Diet Advice

DirtyGypsy2094
01-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Well, the holiday season has taken it's toll. After about four months of mostly clean eating, my weight has gone up from all the good cookin' I've been exposed to. This, coupled with the fact that the holiday season left me too broke to hit my martial arts class like usual, and I'm getting soggy around the middle.

Ok, here's my goal: I want a six pack. Not the sorta-six pack I had, where you can see the outline... a SOLID six-pack. So this is sorta an all-over change, but I'll ask each question in the forum it should go in.

My biggest problem is convenience. I work 12 hours a day or more, and when I'm hungry I want to eat something NOW. I'm going to try finding substitutes, quick things I can already have made and reach for INSTEAD of the chips or soda.

Along those lines:

-Hard boiled eggs.

-Tuna salad, made with olive oil, lemon juice, chopped veggies, black pepper, and just a LITTLE mayo.

-Almonds

-Raisins

Any other suggestions along those lines? I'll be good on water, cuz I'm just going to gather up all the empty bottles I can find and fill them so they're nice and cold in the fridge. But is there something I SHOULD eat, or SHOULDN'T eat, to help with the cutting process? My overall strength, tone, and stamina is MUCH more important to me right now than my size. I want to get fit first, THEN work on gaining some more mass. It may sound counterproductive, but I think I need to prove to myself that I can do it, if that makes sense.

HELP!

-DG

Mik
01-06-2004, 11:29 AM
I know what it's like to need/want easy food within reach. My daily staples are hardboiled eggs, pnuts/almonds, sammiches, chicken breasts, fat free yogurt, oatmeal, protein bars, fruit.......there's a ton more. The key is to make sure you are eating clean and spreading your foods over 4-6 meals a day.
You may also want to track your diet somewhere like www.fitday.com

Good luck!

raniali
01-06-2004, 11:36 AM
jerky
protein/mrp shakes
nuts
premade food of all kinds -- i always pack all my meals for the day so when i get hungry, it just needs to be heated

Mik
01-06-2004, 11:37 AM
jerky

Why call names? :p

raniali
01-06-2004, 12:11 PM
i meant it with affection
;)

Mik
01-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Oh, well then it's OK. :)