PDA

View Full Version : How Many Times Do You Eat A Day?

KkKk
01-06-2004, 10:15 PM
i have trouble eating, so obviously i am quite slim. i don't seem to be able to stuff myself because i feel full or too lazy to chew or something! :redface: when you eat, do you eat lots of main meals? or main meals plus mini extras? is there anything that i can eat to increase my desire to eat?

how many times should i eat a day?

DarkSmurf
01-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Before I started lifting I ate about 3 meals per day, sometimes even less and sometimes I wouldnt eat for 6 hours. I eat about 7-9 times now. On top of that I'll have at least a can of tuna a day and three protein shakes. It may seem like a lot, but all I did was basically say to myself....."Ok, Im going to eat every meal (breakfast, lunch dinner) twice and then have a cheat meal and a meal set aside when I go out with friends." I just find that being active makes you want to eat. Its just kind of like second nature now, if I miss a meal I get REALLY hungry. So that motivates me.

As to your eating frequency-- IMO have a meal every 2-3 hours. Ultimately, you want your body to be provided with a continuous stream of fuel so dont try to eat 2000 calories in one sitting, then fast for the remainder of the day.

It may seem quite the task to eat a lot of the right foods, but once your mindset and body adapt to the more frequent feedings, it will feel very nice to stuff your face.

DS

BigCorey75
01-06-2004, 11:18 PM
i eat 3 main meals, but ill down about 2-3 cans of tuna and a protein shake here and there throughout the day also so if i add all that up its about 5 full meals

KkKk
01-07-2004, 12:02 AM
3 main meals and the rest.....

how fat does that make you? lol...i mean....would you say you are bulky enough? how big are your main meals? would you mind giving me of a day's food?

AstronautJones
01-07-2004, 01:41 AM
This reminds me of Narc's eating habits. Damn could he eat, now that's inspiration.

Kirman
01-07-2004, 01:59 AM
i struggle with my 6 meals but i manage it as i use my shakes to take make up for the meals. i stuggle to eat loads but i do manage :D

Big_Gun
01-07-2004, 05:21 AM
5 or 6 times, depending on whether i'm tired or go out or not.

usually breakfast 8.00
Brunch - 10.30
Lunch - 1
Main Meal -4.30
Evening meal - 8.30
Usually bed for 9.30ish unless I go out or there's something on tv. If so, then another meal round about 11ish.

drew
01-07-2004, 07:22 AM
I'm cutting, so I all my meals are about the same # of cals. I eat 7+ times a day at 2 hour intervals.

Bam Bam
01-07-2004, 09:35 AM
i am bulking and eating every two hrs right now if you count pre and post workout meals i am over 10