PDA

View Full Version : Someone please teach me how to

dualman7
01-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Make good scrambled eggs, or anything else out of egs. A step by step guide for this college student who has never had to make anything for himself would do wonders :). Thanks

drew
01-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Scrambled eggs are easy. Crack eggs into bowl. Discard shell. Add about a tablespoon of milk or water. Break the yolks with a fork and mix rapidly for about 30 seconds with the fork. Pour into a hot skillet, and then just push them around with a spatula until they're fluffy and yellow. Eat.

dualman7
01-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Scrambled eggs are easy. Crack eggs into bowl. Discard shell. Add about a tablespoon of milk or water. Break the yolks with a fork and mix rapidly for about 30 seconds with the fork. Pour into a hot skillet, and then just push them around with a spatula until they're fluffy and yellow. Eat.

Thanks drew, do i put anything on the skillet like a table spoon of butter?

drew
01-07-2004, 02:05 PM
If it's a non-stick skillet, then you don't need to. You could use butter, but personally I would use a little olive oil or spray it with some Pam.

dualman7
01-07-2004, 02:09 PM
sweet! just made my 1st scrambled eggs! ANyone else got any "egg recipes"

drew
01-07-2004, 02:16 PM
How were they?

BTW, I usually just take 3 eggs, crack them into the skillet and break the yolks, then turn them once. It's dry and bland, but fast and clean. lol

chops
01-07-2004, 02:37 PM
you can almost anything. chopped ham, leftover chicken, cheeses..

(denver omelette) sauteed onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, cheese

my personal fav is red onion, spinach, mushrooms and swiss.

Mik
01-07-2004, 05:14 PM
My fave: eggs, diced chicken, fat free cheese, chili sauce. It's like a multigenerational omelette (chicken and teh egg). :)

musicguy
01-07-2004, 05:30 PM
These are pretty good, I think:

Heat skillet with PAM, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, or peanut oil.

Crack eggs into bowl (2-3)

Pour eggs into heated skillet, break yolks.

Sprinkle eggs with:
salt and pepper
chopped chives
leaf (or ground) marjoram
chopped thyme
The herbs can be fresh or dried

Turn the eggs when the white appears to be pretty well-cooked, let them cook a short time after flipping them, remove to plate and enjoy!

buffzilla
01-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Please don't ever put milk or water in to scrambled eggs. The water slowly leaches out after cooking - it's revolting.

PizDoff
01-07-2004, 07:58 PM
no water! ugh!

:)
I put a small bit of oil and maybe.......20 granules of salt
Even on a non-stick pan. I also like to fold it on itself like an omelette and throw cold cuts in. EGGS RULES!!!

dualman7
01-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Im loving all these! ANymore?

PS thanks for the step by step musicguy

PedestrianX
01-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Yeaup, I like hardboiled eggs aswell. Dice them up mex em with soem mayo throw it between soem bread with a bit of lettuce cheese and soem ham and watever else may tickel your fancy. YUMMMYY!!! Or.. throw 4 peices of break in the toaster, pull otu the mayo and BBQ sauce. Heat up the skillet i throw in a bit of butter. pull out 4 eggs just crack them and throw 2 in (i break the yolks jsut a bit) throw on some salt and pepper and let them cook. somewhere in this time the toaster shoudl have popped, pull otu your toast. Slab soem mayo on each peice. Quick! Go check the eggs. flip them wiat abotu 1 seconds and slide them onto a plate. then throw on the other 2 eggs. Now get back to your toast! Put a dab of BBQ sauce on each slice and spread it out. go finish up those eggs and throw them on the plate ontop of the first eggs. now they shoudl eb somewhat round. slice them into quarters. take the top layer of eggs and throw them all on one peice of toast. then throw another peice of toast ontop of it, then repeat and eat!

musicguy
01-07-2004, 11:29 PM
A few nights ago I made pizza, including the sauce.

Pizza Sauce:
Canned Tomato Sauce
Canned Tomato Paste
Olive Oil
Salt
A little sugar
Basil, Oregano, Black Pepper, Thyme
Combine all ingredients and simmer for a while, stirring occasionally.
Chop some fresh garlic (I was making a big pan, so I used 10-12 cloves) and let it sit on the cutting board to oxidize for 10-15 minutes (develops the flavor, and the healthful allicin compounds)
Stir the garlic into the sauce, continue to simmer a little longer, remove from heat and use.
Refrigerate leftovers.

Then I had combined ground sirloin and zesty, hot sausage, about a pound of each, to put on the pizza. Combine them in a skillet and brown, when done, cool the meat for a bit, spoon out excess fat and use paper towel to wipe the bottom of the skillet, removing even more fat.

Point of all this:
I had leftover sauce and meat in the 'fridge.

Now comes the egg part. :D

Pre-heat skillet with PAM, or other oil or butter. (medium to medium high heat—you don't want to cook eggs too hot)

In bowl, combine 2 whole eggs and 3 more egg whites (or you can just use 5 eggs. I cut out 3 of the yolks to reduce the overall fat/calorie content).

Add some chopped chives, marjoram, thyme, salt, and pepper (same as above—can you tell I like these with eggs? :) )

Put the eggs in the skillet and begin cooking them.

After a minute or so, add some of the pizza meat!

Flip it over when it appears ready to turn.

Spread pizza sauce on the top, and then put some mozarella cheese on top of the sauce.

If the eggs appear to be getting done too quickly, just turn the burner off and cover the skillet for a minute or so to melt the cheese.

Created this just by experimenting, and it's really good.... at least we think so here at my house. :D

Budiak
01-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Here's my 'dip****' method for making eggs.

Scramble the eggs in a bowl or glass.

Pour them in to a pan heated to just above medium, so they sizzle and bubble as soon as they hit it.

Wait until they're about half cooked- half opaque.

Put a lid over the pan for about a minute. THey should be done.

No they're not scrambled and its not exactly an omelette either, but a monkey with a lobotomy and no hands could do it.

prof
01-08-2004, 11:41 AM
little bit of cheese mmmmmmmmmmmmm