PDA

View Full Version : Satterwhite's whey/casein article: is it sound?

mmckinley
01-07-2004, 01:07 PM
I couldn't find any threads on eric satterwhite's article:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=121

I read it and it seems to make sense. I was wondering what some of the informed members of WBB have to say about it. Will it work well for a bulk? Also, how many calories should I get a day (180 lbs, 6'0, probably 15% bf)? I'm thinking I should get around 2700 based on the 15 Kcal/pb bodyweight formula.

Holto
01-08-2004, 09:27 AM
"What is even more interesting is that even if amino acid levels are already very high and protein synthesis is dropping, I can consume more amino acids and further stimulate an increase in synthesis rates 11."

this seems to go against most clinical research that shows moderate intakes of protein yeilding the same benefits as high intakes

however most bb's intuitively take in more than the clinicals advise

"But you need to find that middle ground. As we have covered, if you consume so much that you have chronically high levels of amino acids in your blood, much of the protein you consume will go straight down the toilet"

this I seriously doubt, there is no pathway for a calorie to leave the bloodstream

he then goes on to say what is not used for building purposes will be oxidized which is what I was getting at

the article looks sound and I definitely think AtLarge is ahead of the curve with the blends

Holto
01-08-2004, 09:29 AM
Will it work well for a bulk?

* Absolutely, use the Opticen MRP

Also, how many calories should I get a day (180 lbs, 6'0, probably 15% bf)? I'm thinking I should get around 2700 based on the 15 Kcal/pb bodyweight formula.

start at 2700 and increase until you gain 1/2 lb a week