PDA

View Full Version : Bulking meal plan

pixel future
01-07-2004, 06:37 PM
I searched but I didn't find a step by step method to figure out a nice meal plan. I know I should eat 5000 calories a day but I need a way to help break this down and what foods to eat.

Any suggestions?

Holto
01-08-2004, 09:13 AM
do a search for breakdown

or macronutrient breakdown

I like 40c 30f 30p

illpumpyouup
01-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Your breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day, besides your post workout meal. I normally eat 30-40g protein at breakfast, 70-80g carbs, and about 10g fat.

Post workout is definitely the most important meal of the day. After your workout you have two goals: refuel and rebuild. You need to refuel your glycogen stores and rebuild the damaged muscle tissue. I usually drink 30g whey protein with 100g simple carbs. I take this meal in liquid form because it is easier for the body to absorb. Then an hour later I have 75g complex carbs with 2 glasses of milk.

Before bed is also very important. You will be going 8 hours without protein so you will want a slow digesting protein, I usually drink 4 glasses of milk because it is rich in casein (a slow digesting protein) The carbs in the milk will spare the protein while you sleep. Even though milk says all the carbs are sugar, milk sugar digests slowly, slower than oatmeal actually, so they will stay with you throughout the night.

Don't go more than 3 hours without protein. You want to keep a positive nitrogen balance and eating every 3 hours ensures this. This is where the dedication part comes in to play.

Eat 6-8 meals. This gives your body a steady stream of nutrients and it also tricks your body so it stores less fat.

Get 8 hours of sleep. Drink at least a gallon of water per day. When your cells are hydrated, your protein synthesis increases.

pixel future
01-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the help. I have started a meal plan using fitday.com and i am doing about 3900 calories and 40c 30p 30f

i am also drinking a lot of water