PDA

View Full Version : Cardio on off days?

Punk In Drublic
01-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Hey this is my first post but I have been to this site for a long time. I have been on the WBB Routine #1 for about 2 weeks (I have been working out for about a year .. but nothing organized).

I am 16 years old and play football. I was wondering if Cardio on the off-days would be a bright idea? As a football player I am looking for strenght, speed, and explosivness.

Other than the above goals I would personally like to see a decrease in BF% and an increase in strength.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

mikey4402
01-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Hey this is my first post but I have been to this site for a long time. I have been on the WBB Routine #1 for about 2 weeks (I have been working out for about a year .. but nothing organized).

I am 16 years old and play football. I was wondering if Cardio on the off-days would be a bright idea? As a football player I am looking for strenght, speed, and explosivness.

Other than the above goals I would personally like to see a decrease in BF% and an increase in strength.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thank you in advance for your help.
off season i would say sure no problem. but during the season it might not be a good idea,unless you dont see much playing time in terms of games, you dont want to be all burned out for the games.

you say your looking to gain in strenght and speed, well you should be working on this in the off season. look into plyometrics for the speed and explosiveness

Punk In Drublic
01-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Ok thanks for the help. Yea during season I dont even work out. Gotta save it all to play under the lights!