PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here but I braught pics - Critisizim more than welcome

Shabaz
01-09-2004, 03:40 AM
Hey guys i'm new to this site, just discovered it while looking for some diet info late one night. now i'm addicted. there's alot of great info here.

Anyways here's a few pics of my skinny old self. I run alot, about 2-3 miles/daily on the treadmill, so gaining any sort of muscle is a HUGE task for me. I tried to quit the cardio, but running has been such a big part of my life that I don't want to give it up.

Blessed with a uber fast metabolism, I was the kid that was 125 lbs in highschool, with the concave chest (curved inward). I wish I had some old photos to share, it's like looking at a brown Skelator (he-man's nemesis).

Now i'm 22, 6ft and 158lbs. I've been playing with the iron off and on for about 8 months now, and have managed to gain about 15lbs. Could anyone here please help me out and give me an estimate of my body fat? I have no idea where I am. hopefully the pics will help.

I'm desperatley trying to gain some mass before the summer. I've been trying to focus on my diet as much as possible, but on a student's budget, it's alot easier said than done.

any critism positive or negative is appreciated, and I look forward to posting around here

cheers,
-shabaz

BCC
01-09-2004, 05:38 AM
You certainly have a lean base to begin with. I'd estimate you at probably no more than 11 percent.

As far as early criticism (things which may even out once you further your muscular devlopment) I'd say your biceps slightly over power your triceps, and your chest does the same to your delts.

Otherwise, things look to be going well. Just keep investing in cheap bulk foods like tuna, chicken, rice, and potatos. You should be able to put on a decent amount of weight before summer. Just be consistent.

Stephen Riddington
01-09-2004, 11:26 AM
LOL, when I first saw the first pic the first thing I saw is the Tupac and Kornikova posters. You look pretty good, nice defs.

galileo
01-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Here is the criticism. Welcome it.

* You spelled brought wrong.
* A lot is two words.
* It's Skeletor, not Skelator.
* There's that "alot" thing again.

Ok, that's enough for English class. You look lean and look like you'd do well with another 15lbs. I'd say you were 9-10%, but pictures can be deceiving.

I'd give up running often. Limit yourself to once or twice a week. With your metabolism it could make a huge difference, because you're likely eating away precious leg muscle in the process.

Good luck and eat a ton.

raniali
01-09-2004, 12:00 PM
if you want to run so much (cuz i do understand the endorphin addiction) - then you need to eat more to compensate for the calories burned. i would hit the diet&nutrition section and post your diet for critique. you have a good base - just eat more food.

Allenronm
01-09-2004, 04:24 PM
I think you look good, but like the others have said, if you want to be bigger and still continue to run you gotta up the calorie intake.

Reinier
01-10-2004, 02:10 AM
yeah running should be no problem while gaining, just eat more, if that wont work for you eat more calorie dense foods, like nuts and peanut butter

Behemoth
01-10-2004, 09:45 AM
You look good and have a good starting point. One thing I did notice however is your symetry. Your right arm seems to completely daunt the left in size. Use dumbells in training that way your stronger arm can't do the weaker sides work for it.

The_Brick
01-12-2004, 03:21 AM
Sorry I can't see your pic. I was looking at ANNA KOURNIKOVA!!!!!

Exnor
01-12-2004, 05:51 AM
Blessed with a uber fast metabolism, I was the kid that was 125 lbs in highschool, with the concave chest (curved inward). I wish I had some old photos to share, it's like looking at a brown Skelator (he-man's nemesis).

You mention a concave chest, did you have an operation or something to fix it? It looks fine now...

Shabaz
01-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey thanks for all the replies. I have some work to do, and have already found alot of great info in the nutrition section.

As for the running I'm running 4-5 times a week now. I try to shove extra pasta down my throat on the cardio days to hopfully fight off any muscle catabolism, i'm taking glutamine as well to aid.

the motto of this site is really eat eat eat, I see it in every 3 or 4 posts. I'm doing what i can on a very fixed budget, and hopefully I'll have some good results to share in April.

PizDoff
01-16-2004, 08:09 AM
****ing Leafs gonna go all the way!

Looking good already.....better get some studies in.
Your spelling ain't no good.
And you have some crazy facial hair! :D

"the motto of this site is really eat eat eat, I see it in every 3 or 4 posts."
Just us skinny kids trying to bulk.