PDA

View Full Version : any football tips

kr632
01-10-2004, 10:57 PM
any one got any tips to get stronger and faster for football i play safety/linebacker and need to get stronger, more powerful and faster for college ball.

Hercule
01-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Olympic Lifts, Olympic Lifts, Olympic Lifts, and Power lifts.

your routine should be built around- Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Presses, Power Cleans, Squat Cleans, Hang Cleans, Push Presses, Jerks, Power Snatches, and Goodmornings.

YOu want to be big and ridiculously powerful? Do these lifts.

bIgHwN86
01-13-2004, 12:51 AM
where are you going to play college ball...i am on the same page as you..i need to get faster and stronger to play in college next year....

ericg
01-13-2004, 08:17 AM
plyometrics

Phil Harrington
01-13-2004, 11:12 AM
kr 632 my name is phil harrington i am training for the arnold classic if you would like some detail work to help you with your football i can be reached through chris mason on this web site the owner of at large . and he will get you my phone number.i lift in the wpo powerlifting, and will be shooting for the all time total at 181class 2110 total.

BuckeyeROC
01-14-2004, 09:46 PM
any one got any tips to get stronger and faster for football i play safety/linebacker and need to get stronger, more powerful and faster for college ball.

bIgHwN86 and kr632,

The best thing I can suggest is to get the training program from the college you will be going to next year, both running and lifting programs.

Other than that, you will be doing most the lifts Hercule suggested, bench, incline, cleans, snatches, squats, etc. Basic strength and power development.

You will also be doing a LOT more running than in high school. You want to develop your speed and agility as much as possible, the game in college is played MUCH faster than in high school. We did a TON of running at Ohio State. And a lot of different types of running, everything from 2.5 mile runs to short quick agility drills, and EVERYTHING you can imagine in between. You'll also want to incorporate drills that develop your skills at your position. As for specifics, I hope your future team will give that to you, there are a lot of different ways to approach these things. I could tell you how we did it, but it varies from school to school.

Also, try to get a playbook ahead of time so you can go into fall camp studied up on the defense as much as possible. And get used to watching film. If it's anything like us, you will watch EVERY step you make on EVERY play/drill in practice/games and of your opponents...several times. See if you can get film of your future team and watch and learn the defense.

Good luck to you guys. BTW, bIgHwN86 and kr632, what schools are you headed to?

bIgHwN86
01-18-2004, 04:08 PM
i am headed to linfield..i am actually trying to drop bodyfat and get down to 260'ish...i can be a lot more mobile..i am hella mobile right now but at 260 i can fly...either a fullback or lineman. praying for fullback.

kr632
01-20-2004, 03:57 PM
im going to erie or buffalo.im about 190-200 im trying to get more muscle mass and get to 215-225 and gain speed to play safety. bIgHwN86 can you hit if you can try linebacker.

bIgHwN86
01-20-2004, 10:08 PM
maybe..i haven't played linebacker..they usually throw me o-line/d-end/tight end..the last time i played football was backyard ball and i think i bruised one of my friends ribs(he is about 315ish) not bragging..more of a run stuffer though..coverage skills are pretty good..just need a more stamina..